Your choice - color or international version. Find more on the international version here: International Version
Echo Plus is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice, with a built-in smart home hub. It connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, ask questions, make calls, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly. All you have to do is ask.
Echo Plus has 360° room-filling sound powered by Dolby, and can hear you from across the room from any direction. It is always getting smarter as Alexa continues to add additional features. With a built-in smart home hub and simple setup for compatible connected devices, starting your smart home or integrating into your existing system is now easier than ever.
- Echo Plus is a simple way to start your smart home. It has a built-in ZigBee smart home hub, which allows for simple and direct setup of compatible ZigBee lights, locks, plugs, and in-wall switches from brands like Philips Hue, GE, and Yale. No additional hub required.
- Echo Plus connects to Alexa—a cloud-based voice service—to play music, make calls, set timers and music alarms, ask questions, check traffic and weather, and more—instantly.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music (coming soon), Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on your Echo devices in different rooms. Echo Plus can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
- Call or message almost anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Improved speakers with Dolby processing deliver crisp vocals and extended bass to fill the room with immersive, 360° audio
- With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
Voice Control Your Music
With a 2.5” downward-firing woofer and 0.8” tweeter powered by Dolby, Echo Plus has crisp highs, deep bass, and 360° audio to fill your room with music. Set a music alarm to wake up to your favorite song or playlist. Play from Amazon Music, Apple Music (coming soon), Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
Want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with multi-room music, you can tell Alexa to play across your compatible Echo devices. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the office, soundtracks in the family room, or play the same song across your whole house.
Far Field Voice Recognition
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beamforming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. Echo Plus has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music at loud volumes.
When you want to use Echo Plus, simply say the wake word, “Alexa,” and Echo Plus lights up and connects to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service recognizes and responds to your request instantly.
Hands-Free Calling and Messaging
With Echo Plus, you can talk to almost anyone hands-free—no tapping or searching required. Use the Drop In feature when you want to connect instantly with compatible Echo devices in your home. For example, you can ask someone for help with a chore, or remind the kids to go to sleep—without having to raise your voice. With Alexa Announcements you can also use Echo Plus to broadcast a quick, one-way message to all other Echo devices in your home.
Making calls with Alexa is easy. Your contacts will see your number when they receive the call so they know who is calling. Set up your voice profile and teach Alexa to recognize your voice. When you say, “Alexa, call Mom”, Alexa will call your mom, even if you have multiple users in your home. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App.
Always Getting Smarter
Alexa is always getting smarter—the more you use Echo, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
Just in the last few months we’ve added Alexa calling and messaging, multi-room music, voice profiles, and reminders, along with skills from third-party developers.
Echo Has Skills
Echo uses tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more with your device, like test your trivia knowledge with Jeopardy!, find your inner Zen with Headspace, track your fitness with Fitbit, fall asleep to ambient sounds, play games, and more. It’s easy to get started – just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills.”
New skills are being added all the time. Discover skills and see ratings and reviews in the skill section of the Alexa app or by visiting the skill homepage. You can also create your own custom Alexa responses in minutes by using Alexa Skill Blueprints to create your own Alexa Skills.
Control Your Smart Home