Top 14% of Electronics Woots
Top 12% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

VIZIO 2.0 Sound Stand
Price: $74.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Feb 16 to Wednesday, Feb 21) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1109 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I bought the 2.1 stand almost a year ago, refurb at that, for $79.49, have not tried streaming, not sure how closely it will compare, but works fine for me:
https://www.woot.com/offers/vizio-25-2-1-sound-stand-37

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

I think it's cool that the thing is shaped like a coffin.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

mreich00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mreich00

I have one and loved it, until I bricked it with a firmware update. So word of caution - think twice before considering that update. It's a great soundbar though. Fit perfectly under my TV, which is in a tight spot and couldn't fit a traditional soundbar.

GlobalT38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GlobalT38

Can you control the volume with the TV remote (e.g. Uverse)- or do you have to use the remote that comes with it? My TV doesn't have a headphone jack if that's the only way to do so.

Dumplestiltskin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Dumplestiltskin

I previously bought the 2.1, and I love it ( https://www.woot.com/offers/vizio-25-2-1-sound-stand-37 ).

Word of caution: the 2.1 has a woofer that the 2.0 does not, so the 2.1 should give much fuller sound that this item can't give.

And my cable remote is able to control the sound stand just fine.

x5

Daleshouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Daleshouse

I don't have this but I have (sitting unused in my basement) a Vizio sound bar. I also have several Vizio TV's. What I've learned is that Vizio knows nothing about quality sound and actively advise people to avoid their sound equipment. When buying Vizio TV's, which I very much like, buy a sound bar from someone who knows sound.

Coogles

quality posts: 47 Private Messages Coogles
GlobalT38 wrote:Can you control the volume with the TV remote (e.g. Uverse)- or do you have to use the remote that comes with it? My TV doesn't have a headphone jack if that's the only way to do so.

I have the 2.1 model and I was able to control the volume with my DirecTV remote and now with my XFinity remote. It depends on the remote so you'll want to check that manual to see if it has codes for Vizio sound bars. I've been really happy with my sound stand, the only downside is that the connectors are recessed so far in the back of the unit that it can be difficult to put dislodged cables back in place without having to remove the TV and turn the stand around.

nintendodude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nintendodude
PocketBrain wrote:I think it's cool that the thing is shaped like a coffin.

Right? Only seems appropriate since you're buried inside, dead looking at the damn thing.

adr5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages adr5
Daleshouse wrote:I don't have this but I have (sitting unused in my basement) a Vizio sound bar. I also have several Vizio TV's. What I've learned is that Vizio knows nothing about quality sound and actively advise people to avoid their sound equipment. When buying Vizio TV's, which I very much like, buy a sound bar from someone who knows sound.

My limited experience is similar. I had a Vizio soundbar that worked great for while and then suddenly died. Woot took it back, but I would have preferred if it had not failed.

Kaplah00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaplah00

I have one of these. It's a mixed bag.

Positives: The sound is pretty good. Much better than what's standard on your flatscreen tv. Not as good as a 5.1 or 7.1 surround system, but if you just need a good quality stereo sound source this will fill your need.

Negatives: The control system on this thing SUCKS. If you don't mind having two remotes constantly (one for the rest of your equipment and one for this thing) you'll be find. If you're like me and somewhat spoiled by HDMI-CEC and HDMI ARC and enjoy having one remote to control everything you'll hate this thing. I've tried using a programmable remote but for some reason it just sets it to either mute or full volume. I've tried toying with my television's output to set this thing's audio to a "max volume" then use the TV's output to adjust volume but that's not working well.

If you don't mind two remotes, or have a older TV without HDMI-CEC and HDMI ARC then this will work for you. If you like these modern features look toward the newer version of this product with HDMI ARC.

Kaplah00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaplah00
GlobalT38 wrote:Can you control the volume with the TV remote (e.g. Uverse)- or do you have to use the remote that comes with it? My TV doesn't have a headphone jack if that's the only way to do so.

You must use the remote that comes with it. I've tried using programmable remotes with this device and it tends to not work well. Mine either goes straight to max volume or mute. I need to always dig out this thing's remote.

rndabney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rndabney