Woots Sold (rank):
Top 11% of Electronics Woots
Top 10% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Logitech Harmony Ultimate One IR Remote
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Jan 17 to Monday, Jan 22) + transit
Condition: Certified Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

tsfisch

quality posts: 45 Private Messages tsfisch

I've been using a Harmony One for going on 10 years now. It has been great, although there are some dead pixels on the LCD now.

Is there any reason I would want to upgrade from the One to this?

ddemaree07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ddemaree07

Does this handle RF as well, or only IR?

Rayski13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rayski13

Sam's Club has this remote brand new for sale for $79.98 both at the club or on the website.

The Model is # 915-000279 but looks identical with same specs as this remote.

[MOD: Not the same. See this post below.]

Raymundo Z Cisneros

marclove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marclove

I used to have a harmony one - BEST remote ever made. After it died (there was a recall issue I didn’t know about), they were kind enough to send me one of these. From the weird configuration to the lame screen, this remote is simply awful. I’d suggest getting the harmony one instead - if you can find it.

elricfate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elricfate

I normally stay quiet in these, but there's one thing I want to point out to everyone. If you use this remote for the DVR functionality, it's eventually going to piss you off at how not ergonomic or natural it is.

There's a hump in the back of the remote, it makes it great for using the buttons on the bottom and the screen, your hand falls exactly where it should. When you try to use any of the DVR functions, play, rewind, ffwd, etc... you have to hitch your hand up further on the remote, which puts that hump in an awkward place. Then you have to deal with not accidentally brushing the screen with your finger or pad of of your thumb, while trying to work the really weirdly placed DVR controls.

If you look at the latest Harmony remote you can see they completely redesigned the ergonomics. That is my chief complaint about this, everything else is just nice. It's something I overlook since I own it, but wanted to let anyone else know who is thinking about buying one, it might annoy you, it might not.

beguna

quality posts: 5 Private Messages beguna

Poor placement of fast forward back buttons is common complaint. Wait for the later model that finally fixed this. That is why former Harmony One owners kept their One going as long as possible.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg
tsfisch wrote:I've been using a Harmony One for going on 10 years now. It has been great, although there are some dead pixels on the LCD now.

They do make it nice when you want to fire up the ceiling projector, sound system, switch the HDMI matrix to the right port and wake up the roku to watch a movie, all with the press of one button. When you are done, one button turns them all off. Otherwise, I'd need 4 remotes minimum.

TC1 USCG Ret

charwoman

quality posts: 13 Private Messages charwoman

I bought two of these at a higher price here on Oct. 31 2016. They are my single greatest Woot regret. I tried three times to get used to them but ended up hunting down replacement Harmony 550s from eBay instead. The charging cradles seem to me to be the only good idea on these things. Waste of a not inconsequential amount of money, but I can't believe what they were originally trying to sell them for.

swaken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swaken

The remote functions well, as do all Harmony remotes. The problem is the button placement. DVR buttons need to be BELOW the screen- You're always touching something by accident. In addition, the FF/RW buttons are combined with Skip Forward/Reverse- This causes endless frustration. Having to spend an inordinate amount of time with MyHarmony to get decent usability.

Gotta be honest- I'm happier with my Logitech 650 at half the price.

rgarnier

quality posts: 21 Private Messages rgarnier

Only about $10 more, after s/h costs, on Amazon for a new remote, not refurbished. Reviews are all across the board, with too many dissatisfied customers to make this worthwhile. I've been considering a smart universal, but this won't be it.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-15-Device-Universal-Customizable/dp/B00IAKLM54

TRossi85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRossi85
Rayski13 wrote:Sam's Club has this remote brand new for sale for $79.98 both at the club or on the website.

The difference is this remote is the "Ultimate" edition vs. the sam's club which is the "Normal" edition. With that said, here are the differences

Normal - $77.00 - $123.33
Normal - Infrared (IR)
Normal - TV, Universal
Normal - Touchscreen, Rechargeable

Ultimate - $105.69 - $149.00
Ultimate - Infrared (IR), Radio Frequency (RF), Bluetooth
Ultimate - TV, Mac / iOS, Universal
Ultimate - Touchscreen, Rechargeable, With Voice Control, Learning

eandino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eandino

has anyone had any success using universal remotes with the fire stick?

jorellh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorellh

I bought one of these at Costco on an impulse and it is by far my least favorite Harmony remote I've purchased. I finally stopped using it when the base stopped working to charge it. I think it might still charge with the micro-usb cable but I ended up buying a 650 and was much happier. The touch screen interface is annoying at best.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Does this have a 'learning' function?
My old universal remotes (MX-500) are wearing out after 10+ yrs of use & I'm looking for a new one to try.
I do want one that I can program even if the item is not on their 'list'.

justex07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justex07
TRossi85 wrote:The difference is this remote is the "Ultimate" edition vs. the sam's club which is the "Normal" edition. With that said, here are the differences

Normal - $77.00 - $123.33
Normal - Infrared (IR)
Normal - TV, Universal
Normal - Touchscreen, Rechargeable

Ultimate - $105.69 - $149.00
Ultimate - Infrared (IR), Radio Frequency (RF), Bluetooth
Ultimate - TV, Mac / iOS, Universal
Ultimate - Touchscreen, Rechargeable, With Voice Control, Learning

You are totally correct in that the Ultimate edition has the harmony hub which makes it a MUCH more capable system. But, and I hope I'm wrong here, this sale is only for the remote itself, not the hub which is what makes the "Ultimate" ... ultimate.

Can someone confirm this "Ultimate" edition remote isn't just for the IR remote and also includes the hub?

TRossi85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRossi85
justex07 wrote:You are totally correct in that the Ultimate edition has the harmony hub which makes it a MUCH more capable system. But, and I hope I'm wrong here, this sale is only for the remote itself, not the hub which is what makes the "Ultimate" ... ultimate.

Can someone confirm this "Ultimate" edition remote isn't just for the IR remote and also includes the hub?

Yeah, I do not think this comes with the Hub (Harmony Home) and is just the remote. I am making an educated guess by what they say is in the box.

"In the Box:

Logitech Harmony Ultimate One 15-Device Universal Remote
Rechargeable battery, USB cable
Charging station, AC adapter"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

justex07 wrote:You are totally correct in that the Ultimate edition has the harmony hub which makes it a MUCH more capable system. But, and I hope I'm wrong here, this sale is only for the remote itself, not the hub which is what makes the "Ultimate" ... ultimate.

Just checked. Hub is not included.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Rayski13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rayski13
Rayski13 wrote:Sam's Club has this remote brand new for sale for $79.98 both at the club or on the website.

Without the hub that the ultimate would come with and this does not include, the remote is identical in features for one cent cheaper and brand new from Sam's Club.

I used to buy many more things from Woot but since Amazon took over the deals are not as good.
[MOD: Not the same. See this post below.]

Raymundo Z Cisneros

laverma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laverma

Be warned - I had this remote and it worked great then in less than a year it was unrecognizable by a computer so I couldn't update it. I got a new cable box and receiver and couldn't program it. It is a VERY common problem I found out through research with no solution. It is now a brick.

ephraimnyc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephraimnyc

Agreed! At the prices of the higher end which still only manages 4 stars someone call me when these things can get you a beer. Till then I’m out.
A singular entertainment system controller should be nothing more than a very well designed seamless smartphone/tablet app for $50.

charwoman wrote:I bought two of these at a higher price here on Oct. 31 2016. They are my single greatest Woot regret. I tried three times to get used to them but ended up hunting down replacement Harmony 550s from eBay instead. The charging cradles seem to me to be the only good idea on these things. Waste of a not inconsequential amount of money, but I can't believe what they were originally trying to sell them for.

arhcangellump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arhcangellump

I already have two hubs. Will this work with them?

tsfisch

quality posts: 45 Private Messages tsfisch
tsfisch wrote:I've been using a Harmony One for going on 10 years now. It has been great, although there are some dead pixels on the LCD now.

Well nobody directly replied, but several mentioned how disappointing this was compared to a One, so I think that answers my question. Thanks for the comments, I will pass.