WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Printer Storm Warning

The National Wooter Service is predicting a printry mix through Thursday morning, with print speeds up to 34 pages per minute, and 8.5 x 11 inches of crisp text and images. However, visibility will be very high.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:Printers have come a long way since dot matrix. Nowadays, you have find a printer that has more functions than just printing. When you savvy people are out shopping, what kinds are features are you looking for in your new age printer?
I'm just hanging out, really.

daklus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daklus

The two Envy printers look to be very similar. The 114 looks to have more memory and the ability to eFax. Is there any benefit to the 110? For the same price, why would anyone go for the 110 over the 114?

k9alliance

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k9alliance
daklus wrote:The two Envy printers look to be very similar. The 114 looks to have more memory and the ability to eFax. Is there any benefit to the 110? For the same price, why would anyone go for the 110 over the 114?

Seems that the 114 only requires 2 ink cartridges... that's a big plus to me.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 50 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

My dad just got the 114 and I hooked it up for him, this morning. It didn't require to be connected to a computer at all to be hooked up. He bought it, because he wanted to be able to print from his iPad. It was super easy to get running. It's got a touch screen and the paper try thing for the exiting papers is motorized. When you print, it pops out and when you turn the the off, it retracts. Even the touch screen display face is motorized. Pretty snazzy. It has apps, too, but I didn't check to see what they did. There was some facebook app that I'm guessing either allows you to print from facebook or scan to facebook.

peterwu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peterwu

Apparently there are people not familiar with HP's infamous faulty hardware messages.

Never heard of such thing ? Look up craigslist and see how many "multi-function" printers up there belongs to HP. And every single one of them are functional just like a new machine!

slappywhite2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slappywhite2001

I own the 7510, and it has a documented history of connectivity issues. I have had the printer for roughly 6 months and on two occasions, the printer decides that even though it is connected to my wireless network, it doesn't want to accept data anymore. HP Support forums will tell you to go through the initial setup procedure and the issue "goes away" only to return at random.

I do enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich.

benjiTK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjiTK
slappywhite2001 wrote:I own the 7510, and it has a documented history of connectivity issues. I have had the printer for roughly 6 months and on two occasions, the printer decides that even though it is connected to my wireless network, it doesn't want to accept data anymore. HP Support forums will tell you to go through the initial setup procedure and the issue "goes away" only to return at random.

Exact same issue with a Envy 110. Was very annoying. Decided to go with a laser WiFi printer. Never been happier ditching the Envy.

nouser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nouser

I own two and have to say these printers drink ink like a drunken sailor (apologies to any drunken sailors reading this). Ink replacement cost is in the vicinity of $60-$80. These printers also seem to not like being on a network and just disappear. A reboot usually fixes this issue. These printers also often seem to lose their ability to print photos properly. Often the images come out with an odd color cast. Another reboot will correct but after living with this for several months, I'd not buy this printer again. One last thing, tech support is from India and is less than useless. I seriously doubt HP's ability to exist much longer.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I can't stand HP printers. Their software, althought marginally less bloatware than it was a year ago (over 400 megs!), is still in dire need of completly re-writing from the ground up.

Their printer firmware is faulty, the HP I setup yesterday required you to manually input DNS servers or the 'e-print' feature would not work. If you try to use 8.8.8.8 (google's free DNS server) on the printer, the printer would say its not a valid DNS address. You have to use a DNS server that started with a three digit number, the workaround was to log into the web interface and set it to 8.8.8.8 where it worked. I can go on, and on, and on, and on about how much time I have wasted fixing HP printer software.