Woots Sold (rank):
Top 23% of Electronics Woots
Top 18% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

LG 65" OLED 4K 120 HZ TV
Price: $1699.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Jul 16 to Thursday, Jul 19) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PapaMidnight

Very highly rated by rtings.

Very much out of my price range.

Formerly: 8 years bag-of-crapless. Streak Broken on Day 1 of Year 9.

ebob9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebob9

Walmart "Appears" to have the same model and state for ~ $120 cheaper (minus $49 shipping unless you do free store pickup):

Refurbished LG 65" Class OLED 4K (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV (OLED65B7P)

arosiriak

quality posts: 5 Private Messages arosiriak

From last time the OLED went on sale (same year model, but 55" instead of the 65" this time around):

Commentary on OLED burn-in/image retention, motion handling, input lag, semi-comparable models for the price, and an overall endorsement.

AND

Response to questions about OLED viewing angle, HDR performance, game modes, and latency in processing.

TL:DR - Conclusion
LG is the undisputed king of OLED, and as many technologies (like QLED, other quantum dots, or whatnot) try to match it, nothing other than plasma has, or will produce a similarly brilliant result. The motion is inherently faster, less blurry, and will show you the weakness of certain types of film sources. The screen brightness is less than LCD, but nothing to be concerned about, unless you want it in a super-brightly lit room - like full daylight plus reflective lights everywhere. But it performs well in bright rooms, and with muting reflections. And it OUTPERFORMS the black levels, contrast, and thus most HDR experiences on other screens. It is fast enough for all but the most competitive of PC gaming, which would require a gaming monitor to get any significantly better input lag times. For most people who watch movies, shows, and have more than just one news channel on all the time, burn-in is not the overwhelming monster that some suggest - I have installed, calibrated, and continue to service over two dozen of these, and only one person was abusive enough to cause any retention/burn-in.

This is a beautiful set, with great features, and a decently capable smartTV system, if you care to use it. Not the best smarts, but certainly the best picture. Picture quality on the newer 2018 sets has changed very little for even discerning viewers and enthusiasts. As always, refurbished is sometimes a risk, but this is a decent price on a potentially AMAZING television.

Happy hunting.

ross1973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ross1973

It is the same if not similar. I just bought it from Walmart and the price plus extended warramty can't currently be beat. Some smudges from what appear to be fingerprints on the stand and back of the monitor, but otherwise the set is in great condition.

[qHendersonville, NC 28739uote postid="7410852" user="ebob9"]Walmart "Appears" to have the same model and state for ~ $120 cheaper (minus $49 shipping unless you do free store pickup):

Refurbished LG 65" Class OLED 4K (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV (OLED65B7P)[/quote]

crashspeeder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crashspeeder
ross1973 wrote:It is the same if not similar. I just bought it from Walmart and the price plus extended warramty can't currently be beat. Some smudges from what appear to be fingerprints on the stand and back of the monitor, but otherwise the set is in great condition.

[qHendersonville, NC 28739uote postid="7410852" user="ebob9"]Walmart "Appears" to have the same model and state for ~ $120 cheaper (minus $49 shipping unless you do free store pickup):

Refurbished LG 65" Class OLED 4K (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV (OLED65B7P)

[/quote]
It's my understanding that a lot of these are being returned and replaced due mainly to bad packaging, which allows/causes the screen to break horizontally during shipping. If that's really the case, then most of these returns aren't even really defective, just broken in transit the first time around.

Once upon a time I created a woot-off checker. Darkstar's Woot!-off checker.
[link=http://woot.wikia.com/wiki/Woot-Off_Checkers]List of woot!-off checkers[/link]

10percenter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 10percenter

Refurbished by who? LG? Third Party?

mauks87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauks87
10percenter wrote:Refurbished by who? LG? Third Party?

asking the important questions

nuggy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nuggy

Bought this new on Black Friday a year ago.....Beautiful TV.....$1999.....about a good a deal there was for over a year....

Never have had a problem with mine.....

If the "refurb" is "genuine"......Not a bad price....These trend at about $2200 new.....

If they make it past the first 90 days.....Typically a unit will last 4 years without any problems.....(excluding environmental issues like "storms").....So good surge and power protection.....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE DROP!

Hey all! Our buyer has lowered the price to $1599.99. You better jump on this deal!

If you already purchased, that difference will hop back into your pockets soonish.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

jordnta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jordnta

Staff

10percenter wrote:Refurbished by who? LG? Third Party?

These are refurbished by a third party. When the manufacturer refurbishes our units, we list those as "factory reconditioned."

raspis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raspis
ThunderThighs wrote:PRICE DROP!

Hey all! Our buyer has lowered the price to $1599.99. You better jump on this deal!

If you already purchased, that difference will hop back into your pockets soonish.

Hate to do this to you, but Wally World has it $20 cheaper.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-LG-65-Class-OLED-4K-2160p-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-OLED65B7P/732293936?u1=0996c40c851b11e897e6ea7718e137e00INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=15033505982330654600&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Wooter395875677

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter395875677
raspis wrote:Hate to do this to you, but Wally World has it $20 cheaper.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-LG-65-Class-OLED-4K-2160p-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-OLED65B7P/732293936?u1=0996c40c851b11e897e6ea7718e137e00INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=15033505982330654600&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Not exactly. You still have to pay $50 to ship it, so this TV technically comes out to $1629.99 at Walmart. This Woot deal is far better than Walmart's.

raspis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raspis
Wooter395875677 wrote:Not exactly. You still have to pay $50 to ship it, so this TV technically comes out to $1629.99 at Walmart. This Woot deal is far better than Walmart's.

Free in store pickup option is available. At least it is for me.

opprobrium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opprobrium
Wooter395875677 wrote:Not exactly. You still have to pay $50 to ship it, so this TV technically comes out to $1629.99 at Walmart. This Woot deal is far better than Walmart's.

Is the Woot deal far better than the WalMart deal in ways beyond being $30 less? I ask because I just bought it on Woot and would like to confirm that I'm extremely smart.

scott0210

quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
opprobrium wrote:Is the Woot deal far better than the WalMart deal in ways beyond being $30 less? I ask because I just bought it on Woot and would like to confirm that I'm extremely smart.

Yes it's far better because you won't have to buy a semi-tractor trailer to pick it up from the store.

robstak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robstak

I have this TV and can confirm it is or at least as of recently was the best TV on the market. impossibly thin (less than a pencil in thickness for 60% of it) and the black levels will break your brain. PULL. THE. TRIGGER.

coynedj

quality posts: 11 Private Messages coynedj
robstak wrote:I have this TV and can confirm it is or at least as of recently was the best TV on the market. impossibly thin (less than a pencil in thickness for 60% of it) and the black levels will break your brain. PULL. THE. TRIGGER.

You might have provided the straw that breaks the camel's back, not to mention my bank account. I've been living with a balky old TV for a long time now and have had my eyes on these LG OLEDs.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 11 QPs?

soldier007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soldier007

Can anyone confirm if this tv unit is wall mountable?

arosiriak

quality posts: 5 Private Messages arosiriak
soldier007 wrote:Can anyone confirm if this tv unit is wall mountable?

Yes, it is wall-mountable - with a caveat. Current OLED designs are super-thin on the top, and the "guts" of the TV, including the stronger portion for VESA mount points, are all in the lower 1/4 of the television, so you will have to plan accordingly. See the side profile image and you should get the idea... LG also offers a specific wall-mount bracket that is quite nice to use, if you didn't have a separate VESA option in mind.

Blindsider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blindsider

Walmart does have a 3 year protection plan for $91 compared to the $250 1 year plan you can get on this Woot deal. Comes out to be only an extra $50 picked up for me after taxes at Walmart with that plan. Makes it a no brainer to get it there.

nuggy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nuggy

YEP.....Pretty much because what that other guy said......

Have to use the LG wall mount.....So becomes proprietary.......

Wall mounted mine......Not easy.....But worth it....

PS....Amazon sells a professional service mounting deal.....For the I don't want to bother with this crap people.....

ikickedagirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ikickedagirl

I have this TV except 55”. It truly is BEAUTIFUL.

reidmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reidmike

I have this TV and there is no issue using a generic wall mount. It has standard mount spacing just the mount points are lower rather than centered on the back due to the design. Not an issue you just have to account for that when determining your mount height.

Leonardoty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leonardoty

Did anyone else's ship using an LTD company with a weird destination address?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Leonardoty wrote:Did anyone else's ship using an LTD company with a weird destination address?

TVs that large have to go Freight. It's going to their closest hub and they'll call you to schedule a delivery appt.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

scott802

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scott802

The image quality of this set is phenomenal. Search youtube for "4k HDR" and you can watch amazing videos for hours.

My TV arrived with 270 hours of use, I'd be curious to see what other people have. (Menu > All settings > General > About This TV > TV information) The base was a little scratched up but for the price I'm very happy. Hey Woot, Can you find some refurb LG 77" Oleds? Please!

The only downside is the screen is highly reflective.