Order Pace (rank):
Top 7% of Electronics Woots
Top 12% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 0% of Electronics Woots
Top 0% of all Woots

CruzCtrtl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CruzCtrtl

Anyone able to check my math? With a 2 amp input, I'll only get 730 milliamps to the charged device?

Thanks for any enlightening.

richto123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richto123

piece of garbage i bought 2 from another site and neither worked

abellasoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abellasoul
richto123 wrote:piece of garbage i bought 2 from another site and neither worked

I was going to ask if this worked with the Apple Watch. But, apparently, it doesn't work - period!
:-)

ls3mach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ls3mach

Does this fazt charge? I have a pair of Samsung stand models and love them. Best $15 ever on a charger. I have a few lilipads Samsung and various brands that aren't fast. I wouldn't buy again without fast. Wish I could get a combo for my watch and phone, not for space savings as much as outlet walwarts taking over extra sockets.

azeemm1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azeemm1

This worked fine for my iphone 8, charged at a reasonable rate, but didn't touch my Qi enabled Android phones - light changed from red to blue indicating a charge, but the battery depleted the same.

emilyahf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilyahf

I imagine you'd have to take your phone out of its case for this to work. Anyone know for certain?

nmill005

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmill005
emilyahf wrote:I imagine you'd have to take your phone out of its case for this to work. Anyone know for certain?

Curious about this also. Would be a deal breaker for me...

DataHaunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DataHaunt

Most cases prevent wireless charging, but it always pays to ask the case manufacture or check if other users reported this in a review.

There are adapters you can buy to connect to your phone's charging port that extends the wireless charging pad to the back of the phone case.

This may also work for some phones that don't have wireless charging to begin with.

johnt007871

quality posts: 13 Private Messages johnt007871

My plastic and silicone case works fine for wireless charging. My wife's wallet case does not. It's a distance between the 2 issue.

allanonkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allanonkid

Aside from the difficulty finding the "sweet spot" in order to get the device to charge, the LED light on mine is bright blue. Don't put this in your bedroom as a charging option. Unless you're looking for a night light as well...

Good for the office or kitchen counter for easy drop and easy grab & go. Definitely charges slow.

ls3mach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ls3mach
nmill005 wrote:Curious about this also. Would be a deal breaker for me...

I haven't had this issue with my off brand of Samsung ones using an Otterbox.

chloewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chloewoot

Received this as an X-mas gift (don't know which retailer). Lasted three nights. In the garbage it went.

synapses11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages synapses11

Exact same charging pad at the store "5 Below" is $5" many other places have it for less this.

despich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages despich

I have had one of these for about a year and it works fine with Samsung Phones, Have used it with Galaxy 7 and 8 models of different types. It does not do the fast Wireless Charge so expect a full charge to take like 10 hours. I have tried it with a iPhone X and it said it was charging. It will charge through a case but only if the case is rubber/plastic and pretty thin.

whammypower788

quality posts: 5 Private Messages whammypower788

Wow, this looks exactly like the charger I got at Five Below.

If it is, I'll let you know now that there are 4 blue LEDs that light up the clear area when it's charging, and there's a faint high-pitched whine when it's not charging.

Visit Game Show Videos!

Family Feud Dumb Answer
"Name a beverage you stir before drinking."
Contestant: Water.

finalhour

quality posts: 5 Private Messages finalhour

If you use this with a Samsung or Apple product, beware that if it damages your phone or other device you are not covered by any warranty since it's not an approved wireless charger by either manufacturer.

-Nate K

adr5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages adr5
emilyahf wrote:I imagine you'd have to take your phone out of its case for this to work. Anyone know for certain?

I have two other wireless charges and both work with my phone in it's otterbox case.

raym0nds

quality posts: 2 Private Messages raym0nds

On the question of cases and wireless charging in general, "it depends".

I have a Galaxy S8 and that charges just fine through a Lifeproof FRE case on one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMWJ6Z6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This stand linked (not the one for sale today) also worked for a Nabi that I modded with internal wireless charging (because the charging port fell apart) after I took off the bumpy back.

However, if your case is any thicker (say, one with a built in stand), or has any metal in it, or you have one of these stick on wallets on the back of the case, wireless charging will probably not work.

I can say that I have had much better experiences with the multiple coil wireless chargers than I have with single coil models like this one, but more in terms of getting it lined up to charge easily rather than whether the charger worked once aligned. That said, I also would not buy another single coil wireless charger.

Is "Common Sense" really?

ehiney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ehiney
DataHaunt wrote:Most cases prevent wireless charging, but it always pays to ask the case manufacture or check if other users reported this in a review.

There are adapters you can buy to connect to your phone's charging port that extends the wireless charging pad to the back of the phone case.

This may also work for some phones that don't have wireless charging to begin with.

I wouldn't say most cases, My otter box defender, is fairly thick and works fine with my Samsung s-7.....Now if you talking apple iphone it's probably more of the phone than it is the case.

Look out belowwwwww!

pettibonseattle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pettibonseattle

It says no reviews, but if you search for "fantasy wireless charger" on Amazon, you'll find that it has TERRIBLE reviews.

jkmahan

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jkmahan

Mine wouldn't even light up. The instructions were clearly wrong. They kept talking about "Plug in the wire to the charger and then put the phone on it." Well I bought a WIRELESS charging pad. So I knew the instructions were for a different product. Also the manufacturer had put extra parts in the box for some other device. Wires. I threw those away. My phone is still sitting on the pad and I hold out hope it will charge.

cbeaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbeaven

$7.49 on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ChuangYan-lacy-wc-Wireless-Charger-Charging/dp/B076Q8H813/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515823642&sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=ZTECH+Wireless+Charging+Pad

tallredrider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallredrider
jkmahan wrote:Mine wouldn't even light up. The instructions were clearly wrong. They kept talking about "Plug in the wire to the charger and then put the phone on it." Well I bought a WIRELESS charging pad. So I knew the instructions were for a different product. Also the manufacturer had put extra parts in the box for some other device. Wires. I threw those away. My phone is still sitting on the pad and I hold out hope it will charge.

That's hilarious. I hope you're being funny on purpose.

ckohan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckohan

It will charge with the case. You need to make sure it connects via wifi to insure it is charging correctly. It should beep and then you should see a circular pattern on the screen indicating it is charging.

woot4jam

quality posts: 6 Private Messages woot4jam

This one? yes, most likely.. this is the same one from 5 below and it cannot charge thru any cases that I own.

I have since bought a samsung wireless charger (i don't own any samsung phones) and it can charge thru my case. I bought another for my mother and it can charge thru her otterbox case.

I do not recommend skimping out on charging equipment, get something Qi Certified.

samsung charger model NG930TBUGUS and PG920IBUGUS works perfectly on:
nexus 6 in standard google case
lg g6 in otterbox defender case (very thick case)

signature available upon request

Nargg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Nargg

Wireless charging can very much be all about the case on your smartphone if you use one. I have always used the Incipio Dual Pro cases. To me the Otter's are built backwards, and Incipio Dual Pro does it a lot better with a soft inner core and hard outer shell. And, it's not as thick as you'd think. Plus I've never had a problem with any wireless charging stand with this case. Highly recommended.

jodywadle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodywadle

Going to throw the 4 I bought in the TRASH! What a waste!

dpbaker57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpbaker57

Lots of people seem to not read the specs. These are rated for 1 Amp output. Most modern phones require at least 2 Amps to charge. That is why they don't work.

handloff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handloff

Thanks to Woot for instantly refunding my purchase. This piece of garbage lit up pretty blue when the phone was placed, then, the percentage charged started going down! This thing discharges phone batteries! Tried several chargers and wall outlets. Tried on two Galaxy S8s.

Funny, also, Woot said keep it! Even they know it is, as Woot says, a Blizzard of Crap

dianemorrison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianemorrison

Ditto. Neither worked. Piece of junk.

keveric85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keveric85

Works for me. Thanks

richellelander

quality posts: 22 Private Messages richellelander
nmill005 wrote:Curious about this also. Would be a deal breaker for me...

I had a clear Spigen case on it, and it kept connecting, and then disconnecting. As soon as I took off the case, it worked like a champ. It is a pain to take a case on and off, so I am going to have to ditch this. Waste of money.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

richellelander

quality posts: 22 Private Messages richellelander
dpbaker57 wrote:Lots of people seem to not read the specs. These are rated for 1 Amp output. Most modern phones require at least 2 Amps to charge. That is why they don't work.

My iPhone X charges on it. Not as quickly as the normal charger because it is only 1 Amp, but it does charge.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

hitman1689

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hitman1689

That's a tough one to answer. The thickness of the case is really the deciding factor. If your case is less than 2mm there's a good chance it'll work. It also depends on the quality of the coil in your phone and in the charger. Sorry probably not much help now that I read this back lol

dillman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dillman
richto123 wrote:piece of garbage i bought 2 from another site and neither worked

I totally agree. Total garbage. Bought 2 nether works reliably. Charges for a few seconds and quits. Brand new Galaxy S8.

cgreer65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgreer65

DO NOT BUY - Trust me. I bought 4....only ONE has worked (and barely). It comes with a tiny cord as well that means the outlet must be on top of wherever you plan to put it or you'll need a new cable. Its really junk....the one that is working is very slow at charging an iPhone 8. I'm returning them all as they are simply a poor attempt at a wireless charger and you'll be frustrated once you get them.

fjcasper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fjcasper

Wish I read these other posts before I purchased this. Drains battery instead of charging. Useless!

Fardinando

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Fardinando
richellelander wrote:I had a clear Spigen case on it, and it kept connecting, and then disconnecting. As soon as I took off the case, it worked like a champ. It is a pain to take a case on and off, so I am going to have to ditch this. Waste of money.

My LG G6 with Spigen Neo Hybrid case charges fine. It's not at all picky about phone position either. I have the gray case, not the clear one.

The blue light would be a little bright for a bedroom, though, so I am using them elsewhere.

Lars1y

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lars1y

Same Here...bought two and took over 12 hours to charge my iPhone X