Woots Sold (rank):
Top 1% of Electronics Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

zaroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaroman

Will it works with S8 or Note8?

rmeyerowich

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rmeyerowich

I had the same question on the S8, but it doesn't matter - this item was sold out at 7 AM on the east coast. Items sell out before easterners receive the Woot e mail. What's that all about Woot?

[MOD: Not sold out]

atswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atswag
zaroman wrote:Will it works with S8 or Note8?

Yes. I have this for my Note8 and it's a very convenient, fast, charge.

marion14505

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marion14505

Well, woot has always favored the left coast with its business model. You adapt or don't.

But the product is not sold out. At least, not for me. I'm in New York.
We should be seeing the same web page.

rmeyerowich wrote:I had the same question on the S8, but it doesn't matter - this item was sold out at 7 AM on the east coast. Items sell out before easterners receive the Woot e mail. What's that all about Woot?

zaroman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaroman
atswag wrote:Yes. I have this for my Note8 and it's a very convenient, fast, charge.

Thanks a lot!

rmeyerowich

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rmeyerowich
marion14505 wrote:Well, woot has always favored the left coast with its business model. You adapt or don't.

But the product is not sold out. At least, not for me. I'm in New York.
We should be seeing the same web page.

Thanks. It must have been a glitch - I reordered and it went through.

ahassan12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahassan12

Hey all, does anyone know if this compatible with the iPhone X? Thanks!

jonhege

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonhege
ahassan12 wrote:Hey all, does anyone know if this compatible with the iPhone X? Thanks!

I put my X on one and it charges. But I don’t think it supports fast charging for the X (7.5 watt). I think it only suppports 5 watt.

ls3mach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ls3mach

How long are the cables? Is this MicoUSB?

ShayUnderwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShayUnderwood

Will this charge with a case on the phone? I have a Tech21 case on my Note 8, and it does not charge in my Prius QI space while in the case.

Nick270v

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nick270v
jonhege wrote:I put my X on one and it charges. But I don’t think it supports fast charging for the X (7.5 watt). I think it only suppports 5 watt.

With iOS 11.2, fast charging (7.5) is now available with iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus.

FredWallace18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FredWallace18

Do these work with a phone in landscape? I assume it depends on the phone and it's internal wireless charging coil location...

patruns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patruns

I bought this 2 pack from Amazon when it was on sale for the same price. Works great on my LG G6, though not fast charge as the LG doesn't support that wirelessly. Definitely worth it!

scottybox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scottybox

Is there any reason why this wouldn't fast charge an iPhone X running iOS 11.2?

dgcorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgcorn

I use it for my S8 Active that has a supcase. It works both portrait and landscape.

mynameisshayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mynameisshayne

These thing dont work very well. VERY slow to charge.

cjpuc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjpuc

Just a FYI, I have a popsocket on my case and it would not stay on the charging stand.

LouCipherr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LouCipherr
ls3mach wrote:How long are the cables? Is this MicoUSB?

If this is the exact same model sold on the Samsung store's website, the cable in indeed microUSB, and the cord is approximately 4-5' in length.

I bought one several months ago (from the Samsung store) and love it. I use this to charge my S8 and the wife's S8+ and it works like a charm. Very quick charger, too if you phone supports wireless quick charging.

***edited to add: yes, this is the same one from samsung.com's website, and I can confirm they will indeed work for the S8 and S8+. Unsure of the Note series as I do no own one, but it should work. In order for your phone to "fast charge" it must be Qi-compatable.

See this link from samsung for additional information:
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/fast-charge-wireless-charging-stand-black-sapphire-ep-ng930tbugus/

Price is $38.61 on Samsung's website for one, so this is a good deal.

katfreak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages katfreak
mynameisshayne wrote:These thing dont work very well. VERY slow to charge.

Works great for us - really fast. The only thing that sometimes slows it down (in our experience, of course) is using the phone while charging or having a thick case on the phone.

x3

safetyx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages safetyx

I've used this charger for almost 2 years now and have absolutely loved it! It charges my phone pretty quick (not as fast as plugging it in) and the convenience is so wonderful. So far I haven't had any issues with my phone charging.

This is a pretty good deal considering they normally sell for around $40 each.

safetyx

FredWallace18 wrote:Do these work with a phone in landscape? I assume it depends on the phone and it's internal wireless charging coil location...

Yes it supports landscape charging.

adr5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages adr5

shop around a bit. You can get ?QI wireless charges for less than $10 each. I use two different ones now with a samsung s6.

safetyx

ShayUnderwood wrote:Will this charge with a case on the phone? I have a Tech21 case on my Note 8, and it does not charge in my Prius QI space while in the case.

I have a case on my phone and use this exact charger every night. Never once had an issue!

gfunkdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfunkdave
scottybox wrote:Is there any reason why this wouldn't fast charge an iPhone X running iOS 11.2?

Yes, Apple has indicated that, at least for the moment, only the two Qi chargers it sells will do 7.5 watts on the X/8.

scottybox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scottybox
gfunkdave wrote:Yes, Apple has indicated that, at least for the moment, only the two Qi chargers it sells will do 7.5 watts on the X/8.

How do they restrict that?

safetyx

adr5 wrote:shop around a bit. You can get ?QI wireless charges for less than $10 each. I use two different ones now with a samsung s6.

As someone who owns more than 5 different wireless chargers, this is the best one I've used. It's certainly not the cheapest, and for good reason. Here's the ones I own and a brief 'review' based on my personal experience in over 2 years:

First - I got this one to try out wireless charging in my car. It was a complete mistake. The phone overheated within 10 minutes and I had to pull it off. Almost burned my hand trying it. Never again.

Second - This is probably my 2nd favorite next to the Samsung brand. I keep this one at work and it functions pretty well. Only problem I have had is it will randomly stop charging for 2-5 seconds but then immediately start up again. Other than that, pretty flawless.

Third - This one is utter crap. It was crazy cheap when I first bought it, and for good reason. You have to find THE EXACT SPOT to place your phone for it to charge. If you are off by a millimeter it won't charge or will charge incredibly slowly (like 8 hours to full charge slow). I don't recommend this one.

Fourth - This is probably the best bang for buck charger. It works pretty decently, but not as fast as the Samsung one. I never really had issues getting it to charge, but I really don't like that my phone is laying down. I like it to be sitting up so if I get a text or notification I can read it immediately. For the price, it's pretty good though.

Fifth - Finally the one Woot is offering today. I personally find this to be the best wireless charger I've tried. It works flawlessly and charges surprisingly quickly. Still not as fast as plugging it in, but I'll take it. It's not the cheapest, but this deal makes it a pretty good buy.

Overall, I definitely recommend the Samsung over the others. Hope that helps some people

basantpatidar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basantpatidar

Why will i buy pack of 2 if i have to charge only one device??

safetyx

basantpatidar wrote:Why will i buy pack of 2 if i have to charge only one device??

One for your bedside and one for work!

whitcwa

quality posts: 14 Private Messages whitcwa

If you only need one wireless charger, there is a "Samsung power bundle" which includes a wireless charger, AC adapter, car adapter and 2 cables for $40 at Amazon.

aardwolf64

quality posts: 56 Private Messages aardwolf64
scottybox wrote:How do they restrict that?

A lot of vendors use their own proprietary methods for "fast charging", which isn't necessarily standard.

Apple did this out of an abundance of caution, as they don't like it when phones explode (unlike some *other* vendors we know that don't seem to mind).

x29

tc1uscg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages tc1uscg
safetyx wrote:One for your bedside and one for work!

When I got my Samsung S7, I got a couple of $10 wireless chargers. I did get these later on. Keep on at work, one by my bed. Like that it stands your phone up.

Someone posted you have to have your device on the right spot? My sub 10 device is a little touchy but as long as it's not hanging over the edges by 10/20%, they work fine. Todays device works if the phone is right side up, laying on it's edge or upside down. Of it's right side up and not centered, it won't charge. I have the Duracell magnetic charger on my kitchen counter. My Kyocera Durapro uses the mag charging technology. It won't charge on my Qi or Samsung type charger but the samsung will charge on both. Both seem to charge at the same time.

FWIW, I took one of my QI type chargers (same one woot offers) and plugged it into my cars USB port and it charges the phone. Didn't have to buy a Cadillac or Lexus to get wireless charging LOL.

TC1 USCG Ret

synapses11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages synapses11

$5 at the store 5 below gets you a generic charging pad that charges just as fast as the official charging pad as long as you use a the correct cable/usb wall outlet piece. I use an app called Amp to measure in mAmps and the 2 are virtually identical.

Fofer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fofer
synapses11 wrote: I use an app called Amp to measure in mAmps and the 2 are virtually identical.

Is that app for Android or iOS? Got a link?

rachelldc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelldc

Please explain to me why, since the "wireless" charger must be plugged in, why it's any better than a wired charger? ALSO, I bought one of these for my S6 and found that, unless it was positioned exactly right, charging didn't happen. ALSO, a wired charger with 2.0A beats the pants off any "wireless" charger. IMHO, of course.

editorkid

quality posts: 106 Private Messages editorkid
rachelldc wrote:Please explain to me why, since the "wireless" charger must be plugged in, why it's any better than a wired charger?

Wired chargers won't stay in my Nexus 6P anymore because of wear and tear.

rachelldc wrote:ALSO, I bought one of these for my S6 and found that, unless it was positioned exactly right, charging didn't happen.

Right; it's not magic, and you have to line the coils up right.

Of course, the writeup notes that fast charging isn't compatible with the S6, so that may solve that issue.

rachelldc wrote:ALSO, a wired charger with 2.0A beats the pants off any "wireless" charger. IMHO, of course.

Yup, you sure can prefer any technology you want. I assume you're proud of its speed. I'm at work all day, so speed isn't an issue. Enjoy things falling out of your USB port in a year.

LouCipherr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LouCipherr
rachelldc wrote:Please explain to me why, since the "wireless" charger must be plugged in, why it's any better than a wired charger?"

Oh, I don't know, the ease of setting your phone down and it starts charging without having to plug a cable into it?

rachelldc wrote: ALSO, I bought one of these for my S6 and found that, unless it was positioned exactly right, charging didn't happen.

You just bought a bad wireless charger, that's all.

rachelldc wrote:ALSO, a wired charger with 2.0A beats the pants off any "wireless" charger. IMHO, of course.

No way! Seriously?! I had no idea!

Sometimes things are not about speed, they're about ease of use and convenience. This happens to be one of those things.

Enjoy your charger of choice.

Fardinando

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Fardinando

I feel like I'm paying for Samsung fast charge here, which I don't need for my LG G6.

What are some folks' favorite sub-$20 stand-up non-fast chargers? Portrait and landscape modes a plus. Amazon is such a crap shoot for that sort of thing...

nuggy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nuggy

I have had a GEN 1 wireless charger and this model (GEN2) when it was a freebie incentive for upgrading to the NOTE 8.....

This works flawlessly with a heavy case on it and charges in "fast" mode......bout 30 minutes....

This is a very good deal for the price.....

sstrungis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstrungis

I bought one of these last time they were offered. Supports fast charge on my S7 edge no problem.

Not too much heat. There is a little bit of noise that's audible when it's quiet, but that's not a deal breaker.

To all the haters...It's inductive charging. A thick case will not work. A weirdo pop stand will not work. You need reasonable contact between the two charging circuits to make it all work. It's not magic. It's science--and electronics. Take your accoutrements off the phone, and it will work.