WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever actually played an entire game of monopoly?
  • 52.5% - Sure, all the time 581
  • 38.2% - Once probably 422
  • 9.3% - No way 103
1106 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

When I was a kid our whole family would sit and play entire games quite often. I was the dog.

souplogic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages souplogic

Poll needs another option: sure, but I am not sure why.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

I wouldn't say all the time, but definitely more than once.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 87 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Yes, over 30 yrs ago...

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

Yes, on my iPad playing against multiple AI players on the hardest settings. I can regularly beat all the AIs.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

On family game night where we adjust the rules to make it more fun. Some of the things we do is make deals for properties and form corporations. You can go into a corporation with another player who has your similar properties and then split the money raised if someone else lands on it. You can buy the other person out or sell your shares for another deal. It is way more fun that way.

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
Marcusx70 wrote:On family game night where we adjust the rules to make it more fun. Some of the things we do is make deals for properties and form corporations. You can go into a corporation with another player who has your similar properties and then split the money raised if someone else lands on it. You can buy the other person out or sell your shares for another deal. It is way more fun that way.

But then it's no longer a Monopoly.

Roxenka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Roxenka
daveinwarshington wrote:Yes, over 30 yrs ago...

+1

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70
cm20158 wrote:But then it's no longer a Monopoly.

Believe it or not it actually is. One person usually ends up owning more than half the board every time we play and has his/her hand in several corporations and wins by rule of the amount of property and money they have. The NEW monopoly isn't just owning one company. It is owning several and running them all as one big corporation. AKA Disney or Amazon or Alphabet

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

IIUC, if you play by the strict Monopoly rules (no house rules), the game should not take that long.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

95% play till there's a winner.

5% due to other priorities.

Ah, the hell with it.