quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Alexa-Enabled Ora Wi-Fi Mini Smart Plug

Last Purchase:
48 minutes ago

theand1shot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theand1shot

Ladies & Gents,

Sorry to bother with such a basic question... But do these also work with Google Home?

I've tried scouring Amazon reviews, Spec-sheets, etc. to no avail. I've seen 1 person claim it's a NO-GO, and another person saying an Android app called "Tuya Smart" did the trick.

Thanks for your time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theand1shot wrote:Ladies & Gents,

Sorry to bother with such a basic question... But do these also work with Google Home?

I've tried scouring Amazon reviews, Spec-sheets, etc. to no avail. I've seen 1 person claim it's a NO-GO, and another person saying an Android app called "Tuya Smart" did the trick.

Thanks for your time.

Per the vendor, they do not work with Google Home.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

silverlake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverlake

If I have a wireless radio in another room away from the modem, will this help get a better wi-fi signal if I plug it into this device?

justducky12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justducky12
silverlake wrote:If I have a wireless radio in another room away from the modem, will this help get a better wi-fi signal if I plug it into this device?

No that's not what this device does. This is an outlet that can be turned on and off over wifi. Basically you plug this device into the wall, and then plug a lamp into this device, and then you can turn the lamp on/off from your phone.

Jon651

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Jon651

Silly question time...

Are these the type of Smart Plugs that will allow me to turn on and off lights, coffee maker, etc. using my Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa using a voice command?

The description and the box are not exactly clear on that point, claiming all sorts of features but not specifically what I am asking about.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jon651 wrote:Silly question time...

Are these the type of Smart Plugs that will allow me to turn on and off lights, coffee maker, etc. using my Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa using a voice command?

The description and the box are not exactly clear on that point, claiming all sorts of features but not specifically what I am asking about.

From the vendor:

That is precisely correct. This product allows whatever device is plugged into it to be controlled via Alexa (on Amazon Echo, Dot, etc.) with a voice command, just as the commenter desires. Furthermore, the device can also be controlled by the physical on/off button on the smart plug and by the Jinvoo and TuyaSmart smartphone apps.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items