Not for "human exloration."

BTW, why 2?

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

jespensc

quality posts: 35 Private Messages jespensc
radi0j0hn wrote:Not for "human exloration."

BTW, why 2?

So they can meet in the middle during "human exloration." Or maybe if one gets lost...

(Need to bleach my brain now. In for two.)

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
jespensc wrote:So they can meet in the middle during "human exloration." Or maybe if one gets lost...

(Need to bleach my brain now. In for two.)

Does this count using as small rodent tracking for extraction?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

mdwyerfoo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages mdwyerfoo

> 640*480 HD resolution

Around here, we call that 'VGA resolution'. Or '480p', if we're being charitable. But we don't call that "HD", because that would require at least 1280×720.

Halifax

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Halifax
mdwyerfoo wrote:> 640*480 HD resolution

Around here, we call that 'VGA resolution'. Or '480p', if we're being charitable. But we don't call that "HD", because that would require at least 1280×720.

I've seen sunglasses advertised as having "HD resolution". Words have no meaning to some people.

rakjag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rakjag
Halifax wrote:I've seen sunglasses advertised as having "HD resolution". Words have no meaning to some people.

Works great, bUT how do you attach the hook or magnet?

mderoller

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mderoller

The cable in the pictures looks longer than 1m/~3ft.

jupitercow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jupitercow

It is hard to consider 1280 as high definition these days, but this is a new low... Just a straight-up lie.

Ken2w78woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ken2w78woot

How are those of you who have it working able to get it to work? I downloaded the app but the phone is not seeing the camera attached. Help please...

bsoplinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsoplinger

It looked interesting so I bought one from gearbest using their LA shipping center for 11.41 instead of going with this deal. The photos used to describe it seem identical to those here so figured its the same.

amytobol

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amytobol
Ken2w78woot wrote:How are those of you who have it working able to get it to work? I downloaded the app but the phone is not seeing the camera attached. Help please...

It would be helpful to get some details about the device you're using.

tp222

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tp222

Says waterproof...

Can I use this in my toilet? I know there is a blockage somewhere. Doubtful that it's 3 feet or closer, but maybe with two... I can join them like the wonder twins and work that out.

James0605

quality posts: 8 Private Messages James0605

I like how one of the listed applications is "criminal". I'm not sure exactly what kind of criminal activity they had in mind, but I'm sure that I can come up with something. :-)

I haven't decided if I'm going to order this, but I do run into the occasional (non-criminal) situation where something like this could be handy.

aabobw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aabobw

The app required to view on phone has advertisements right in middle of viewing screen making this pretty useless.

Ken2w78woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ken2w78woot
amytobol wrote:It would be helpful to get some details about the device you're using.

I am using a Samsung S3-mini. Thanks very much!

xrayangiodoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrayangiodoc
Ken2w78woot wrote:I am using a Samsung S3-mini. Thanks very much!

If the S3 is running an older version of Android like 4.2 it is possible that the app may not be totally supported?

xrayangiodoc

schni

quality posts: 5 Private Messages schni
Halifax wrote:I've seen sunglasses advertised as having "HD resolution". Words have no meaning to some people.

It's also organic and gluten free!

dantecl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dantecl

Use the CameraFi app on Android.

Also, the image on this thing is useless. Focus is shit, and the 640x480 "HD" is closer to 320x240 quality. The manual that comes with the borescope says it supports 1280x720 only on PC, but that's a lie. Engrish manual.

younggeezer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages younggeezer

It might be pointed out that this "Android" thingie uses micro-USB, so a phone with USB-C is outta luck without a converter.

netpog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netpog
James0605 wrote:I'm not sure exactly what kind of criminal activity they had in mind

It's illegal to practice medicine without a license in every state of the union, and in most countries worldwide.

tp222 wrote:Says waterproof...
Can I use this in my toilet?

Yeah, that's pretty much the usual use-case for these things. At least when they're called "borescopes" instead of (*squirms uncomfortably in his chair*) "endoscopes".

ALWAYSonTHEmove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALWAYSonTHEmove
younggeezer wrote:It might be pointed out that this "Android" thingie uses micro-USB, so a phone with USB-C is outta luck without a converter.

The adapter for USB-C makes this thing inoperative, so no go for Galaxy 8. Got it to work on my tablet and the image is HORRIBLE.

ALWAYSonTHEmove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ALWAYSonTHEmove

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.will not work with any USB-C (Galaxy 8) devices and picture quality is horrible.

sheltonfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheltonfox

VGA is an analog interface that supports high resolutions. You are correct; 640 x 480 is not HD. It is SD.

sheltonfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheltonfox

There is a digital radio broadcast standard called "HD Radio". The standard states that "HD" is not an acronym.

bradalb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradalb

Not necessarily compatible with your phone even if the phone has OTG. I cannot get it to work with my Galaxy On5 but it does work on my PC. On the phone it gets into the USB Device Disconnected / Connected loop.