Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 46% of Electronics Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 27% of Electronics Woots
Top 22% of all Woots

LACH4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LACH4

Don't buy this TV. My unit comes with loose screws and one at the bottom of the box and the screen have white spot in the left corner.

Anacjimenez75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anacjimenez75

Bad deal. Costco has 55" Samsung new with two years warranty for $549. And TLC 55" for $429 new with two year warranty as well.

Here you are getting a refurbished one with less warranty.

gcappuccio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcappuccio

Actually Costco has a better one for $499

andrewpho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewpho

has a WRGB panel

ephraimnyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ephraimnyc
LACH4 wrote:Don't buy this TV. My unit comes with loose screws and one at the bottom of the box and the screen have white spot in the left corner.

I've been "screwed" by woot more times than id care to admit. Advice to all if it costs more than $20 buy elsewhere. Woot is amazons last stop before disposal.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ephraimnyc wrote:I've been "screwed" by woot more times than id care to admit. Advice to all if it costs more than $20 buy elsewhere. Woot is amazons last stop before disposal.

Except that we somehow manage to buy the crap all by ourselves.

We're definitely sorry about the problems. We sell hundreds, if not thousands, of TVs a month. For the most part, our complaints & returns are pretty darn small.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

artisticlibido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artisticlibido

Does this TV need calibration? If so to what spec?

palmskies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmskies

Bought the TV, turned it on and my remote couldn't get me past the "Start" page. Upon calling LG I learned my remote "might not work" and I'd have to call their parts distributor and purchase a new one. In all of LG's infinite wisdom they won't allow you to setup up the TV with the toggle button underneath, you have to use the remote. Guess I didn't figure the remote might be refurbished as well.

Super disappointed in this Woot purchase. No greater let down than getting a new TV and have it stuck on the setup screen.

ticktrix

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ticktrix

This was delivered last night. I can't get it off the "Here We Go - Start" screen. I have been calling the Refurbished Product Service Center and they keep hanging up on me. Seriously, call them (562.946.3531), say the word "TV" and you get dead air, if you are into that sort of thing.

I'm so disappointed and I do not know where to go from here ...

x2

ticktrix

Okay, ignore my comment from this morning. LG was able to fix this TV for me with a quick fix (press 'back' and 'home' for 10 seconds) and it is amazing. If this TV goes on sale in the future, I recommend 'buy it'!!

x2

ticktrix

*This post is for a moderator* please pass my fix on to palmskies. It looks like they had the same problem I had.

x2

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ticktrix wrote:*This post is for a moderator* please pass my fix on to palmskies. It looks like they had the same problem I had.

THAT'S AWESOME and very nice of you to point out that you figured out the problem for the other wooter as well.

I've asked CS to email palmskies.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dlegg57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlegg57

I bought this model a week ago on a daily deal to replace a nine year old 40" Samsung. It arrived in 7 days. Setup was easy. The picture was spectacular compared to the Samsung and I was beyond satisfied. Unfortunately, the right 3/4 of the screen went black after 90 minutes. Next morning it powered up with a great picture, but it went black again in 10 minutes. Woot customer service came to the rescue, and it is now on its way back to Woot. This is a great TV and a pretty good deal, and if a replacement had been offered, I'd have taken it. I'm still satisfied, though. Thanks, Woot!

xguile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xguile

Received mine last week and have put it through its paces. Setup was easy and connected to my wifi painlessly and updated the OS and several apps. Along with the standard remote I have used my Harmony remote and iOS app on my iPad to control the TV. My PC and consoles look great on the TV (There are several saved picture presets for each input)--bright colors and sharp visuals. One week in I recommend it especially if you want Dolby HDR (the better one) at a decent price.