Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 46% of Electronics Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 23% of Electronics Woots
Top 19% of all Woots

megafauna70

quality posts: 3 Private Messages megafauna70

My kinda fancy Motorola BT headphones fell apart a few weeks ago, so I ordered these as a pretty cheap replacement. I got them last week, and so far I'm mostly happy.

I mainly use them to listen to podcasts and TV while working out at a gym, and for that, the sound is fine. They paired nicely with both my iPhone and Monoprice BT splitter/transmitter, connecting more reliably then the Moto.

They are very light and don't fit tight on my ears. That's probably good for comfort, but bad if your workout involves tossing your head around. Mine doesn't, so I haven't had any problems so far. They do move around a bit, and need adjusting.

The main thing I miss is the feedback from the device. This one tells me when it is turned on and turned off, that's it. The Moto would also tell me how much battery time was left and whether it was connected. Nothing huge, but I'll probably end up with a dead battery sooner or later without the reminders.

Too soon to say about reliability, but they are so light there don't seem to be any obvious stress points, so I doubt it will just come apart like the Moto did. And it's a 2-pack, so you have a backup waiting when you need it.

ymfbrooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ymfbrooks

I'm wondering if these would work for swimming laps since it says they are water resistant. Any idea? I have a waterproof shuffle but it would be nice if I have options because I can keep more music and audio on my phone and not have to worry about whether my shuffle has been changed out.

megafauna70

quality posts: 3 Private Messages megafauna70

No, definitely not. These are water resistant enough to deal with sweat and some rain, but not full submersion.

Even if they were, they're too light-weight and don't hold tight enough to the head to stay in place while swimming.

ymfbrooks wrote:I'm wondering if these would work for swimming laps since it says they are water resistant. Any idea? I have a waterproof shuffle but it would be nice if I have options because I can keep more music and audio on my phone and not have to worry about whether my shuffle has been changed out.