Top 4% of Electronics Woots
Top 10% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Electronics Woots
Top 4% of all Woots

digitalmonkeyman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages digitalmonkeyman

Is there a Pokemon button?

No more WOOT! for me! This new site makes my eyes bleed.

lolamarya

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lolamarya

It's more than worth the money. I gave mine away because I have a plethora of other devices, but it's a solid tablet and it's only $30. Especially good if you want a color e-reader or something to watch tv/movies on the go. All the major Networks have apps on it.

Fatdawgsmaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fatdawgsmaw

These are even better than the new 7" and 8" ones. Far more responsive, and sturdy like a tank. I have 2 and thinking of a third just for kicks. I use one with a bluetooth speaker to stream music in the back yard. I've dropped it face first on the tile floor from waist height and it didn't damage either one. I have a refurb 7" HDX that I hardly use anymore because the OS is so out of date.

iamchrismoran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamchrismoran

If I didn't recover the capabilities of my crappy Dragon Touch tablet, I'd get one even to only use as a weather station using easily available apps.
That said, I've found the fireOS platform cumbersome and memory management (space for apps) is atrocious.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I do a weekly (recorded) radio show for a Catholic diocese that runs in 5 states. Many areas have set up a customized "Parish App" with tons of information on what is going on locally and worldwide in terms of Catholic stuff.

For folks who are not into tech and likely have no Internet connection, having one of these is a cheap way to connect at a library, fast food place, etc. I told listeners to check back to Woot often to find these.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

soupy50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupy50

Bought refurbished one in December totally crapped out in 6 months! Very dissatisfied, it was for my mom to use now have to buy her another one, since they wouldn't do anything about it. "Certified refurbished" ha

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
soupy50 wrote:Bought refurbished one in December totally crapped out in 6 months! Very dissatisfied, it was for my mom to use now have to buy her another one, since they wouldn't do anything about it. "Certified refurbished" ha

What is it not doing?

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

kerimason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerimason

Purchased one of these in June 2017. Device was reported Lost/Stolen and Amazon will not allow me to register the device.

paula0435

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paula0435

I did not realize this was a Kid's Editon. Anyone have any idea how to switch to a regular Fire profile?

HobBramble

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HobBramble
paula0435 wrote:I did not realize this was a Kid's Editon. Anyone have any idea how to switch to a regular Fire profile?

Seconded - mine's stuck on the Kid's edition setup screen, too.

HobBramble

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HobBramble
HobBramble wrote:Seconded - mine's stuck on the Kid's edition setup screen, too.

Followup:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=cs_hc_k_search_res?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx1FI6JDSFEQQ7V&cdThread=TxEL41ZE8IHKM4&cdPage=1&cdMsgId=MxK2AR807T9ADF#MxK2AR807T9ADF

This worked for me - setup a kids profile, log into it. Swipe down from the top and select Settings. Delete the kid's profile. From the lock-screen, enter your pin and now you'll be signed in as yourself.

mouseanon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mouseanon

Interesting...both of the ones I got are new, never used.