Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Battlefield 1 Collector's Set (No Game)
Price: $17.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, May 17 to Monday, May 22) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

persephoneryder

quality posts: 2 Private Messages persephoneryder

I find it absolutely hilarious that you're selling this without the game. What happened to all the games? Sold them separately even though they have to have the "not for resale" on them to prevent people from scamming retailers with returns?
This seems like an ebay seller's shady move.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 149 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Are the games included?

[MOD: No game included.]

I don't know.

popsynth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popsynth

So today we can buy a game without a game, or a SOG pocketknife without a knife.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

persephoneryder wrote:I find it absolutely hilarious that you're selling this without the game. What happened to all the games? Sold them separately even though they have to have the "not for resale" on them to prevent people from scamming retailers with returns?
This seems like an ebay seller's shady move.

Here's the announcement about it on the EA site. You can see that they offered a version without the game.

If you want to take up the scamming claim, best start with them. Would love to hear what you find out.

On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

popsynth wrote:So today we can buy a game without a game, or a SOG pocketknife without a knife.

It is not a game. This is the version that sold without the game. From EA: "...one that comes with no game at all (in case you want to get Battlefield 1 digitally but still want an awesome 14” statue)."

And the SOG is a multi-tool as stated in the title. It does not say it's a knife.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

persephoneryder

quality posts: 2 Private Messages persephoneryder
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's the announcement about it on the EA site. You can see that they offered a version without the game.

If you want to take up the scamming claim, best start with them. Would love to hear what you find out.

OK, that's fair enough. I didn't research the product enough and haven't actually seen something like this before without at least a digital code for the game.

Then again, this is EA we're talking about. I guess this would be the kind of thing they'd try and it's no wonder you got the excess that didn't sell because it's a ridiculous idea.

dajester

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dajester

Maybe this is a dumb question but, what gaming system will the DLC content be for?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dajester wrote:Maybe this is a dumb question but, what gaming system will the DLC content be for?

This is for collectible items only. No game.

Tarot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tarot
ThunderThighs wrote:This is for collectible items only. No game.

Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive DLC content

I think the DLC code is redeemable in all versions, because you redeem it in the game. Which is not included. ;) But the DLC is.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Tarot wrote:Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive DLC content

I think the DLC code is redeemable in all versions, because you redeem it in the game. Which is not included. ;) But the DLC is.

Ah, good catch. I reckon you are correct.

Overmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Overmann

If there's no game then what's inside the steelbook, is it just a empty case?

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Can I play with the box?

jotchua7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jotchua7

This seems like a customer service reps worst nightmare. Godspeed to all of you who will be answering "But does it come with the game?" all day long. Also, I find it funny that it's in electronics and it doesn't contain anything electronic.

Stryffe2004

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stryffe2004

The reason they do this is so they don't overprint for one system. For example, if you want the PS4 version of the collector's stuff, but only the PC version is available, you end up overspending. Or. . .you may buy the digital version but want the collector's stuff. It seemed weird to me, too, until I heard the explanation.

LordBling

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LordBling

I remember thinking when EA announced this SKU last year, "I can't wait to see it on Woot in a few months." Ahhh, how time flies.

GoodchildMT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoodchildMT

The DLC content; is it just the exclusive pistol or does it contain the season pass? I know this was a special collectors edition, but in the past collectors editions were the most expensive because they contained all deluxe edition and collector's edition stuff plus season pass.

Woody1150

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Woody1150

As TT has said, there is no game, because these are all the leftover collectors sets that they had for people that purchased the digital version of the game. As we all know, some things Woot carries are overstock items, which this apparently is.

Woody1150

Overmann wrote:If there's no game then what's inside the steelbook, is it just a empty case?

Collector Edition Air

GoodchildMT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoodchildMT
Woody1150 wrote:As TT has said, there is no game, because these are all the leftover collectors sets that they had for people that purchased the digital version of the game. As we all know, some things Woot carries are overstock items, which this apparently is.

I get that, but season passes are dlc codes. Since this edition looks like it contains the pistol code, does it contain the season pass code?

modi123

quality posts: 15 Private Messages modi123

Interesting item.. I wouldn't mind seeing more game collectible things here for cheap.

x12(2017)

TrainFromUkraine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TrainFromUkraine

Are people really this...um, special? Does nobody posses reading comprehension skills anymore? It says No Game right in the title. No Game is not the same as Maybe a Game, Possibly a Game, or Chance of Game. "No" is unequivocal and has no ambiguities attached. If the concept of video game collectibles is completely foreign to you then you're looking at the wrong item.

Sorry about that rant

rootatlocalhost

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootatlocalhost
Overmann wrote:If there's no game then what's inside the steelbook, is it just a empty case?

Steelpages, d'oh.

shawnhalstead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnhalstead

Is the 14" statue compatible with PlayStation? What about the poster and patch? Is that compatible with PlayStation also?

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 32 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

emmabean2000

quality posts: 7 Private Messages emmabean2000

My cat is really pressuring me to make this purchase. She wants a box delivered in a box. Thanks Woot...

jamesjodi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesjodi

Is that what James Harden looks like without a beard? Because he also has no game.

TrentonSy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrentonSy

I am on board for more of these collectors sets at a discount- there have been some very nicely done statues in these sets and I usually have to wait for a Gamestop clearance to get them.

Woody1150

GoodchildMT wrote:I get that, but season passes are dlc codes. Since this edition looks like it contains the pistol code, does it contain the season pass code?

The description says: Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive** DLC content: The Doughboy M1911 Pistol

Reading through other forums about this collectors edition, people that bought it (with the game) only got the pistol skin.

As a side note, from reading said forums, a lot of people seem to think this is a pretty crappy "Collector Edition" of trinkets.

sharadraj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharadraj

Just realized after purchasing that the DLC is only the Delux DLC, not all the other maps. That made it a huge waste otherwise wouldn't have mind spending around $25 for all the maps.

forbidindonut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbidindonut
TrainFromUkraine wrote:Are people really this...um, special? Does nobody posses reading comprehension skills anymore? It says No Game right in the title. No Game is not the same as Maybe a Game, Possibly a Game, or Chance of Game. "No" is unequivocal and has no ambiguities attached. If the concept of video game collectibles is completely foreign to you then you're looking at the wrong item.

Sorry about that rant

So, does it come with a game?

yournamehere4202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yournamehere4202
emmabean2000 wrote:My cat is really pressuring me to make this purchase. She wants a box delivered in a box. Thanks Woot...

So this collectors set does come with a game, only it's not for humans

bigwallys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigwallys

This is a really good game and a great deal on the collectors edition. I'm in for one. Thanks woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

shawnhalstead wrote:Is the 14" statue compatible with PlayStation? What about the poster and patch? Is that compatible with PlayStation also?

The flat bottom of the statue is not compatible with the rounded top of the Playstation. Sorry.

cskaufmandickson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cskaufmandickson
ThunderThighs wrote:The flat bottom of the statue is not compatible with the rounded top of the Playstation. Sorry.

The PS4 has a flat top, which means it's just not backwards compatible with the PS3's

Woody1

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Woody1

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't

rrussell

quality posts: 13 Private Messages rrussell

This is the longest flippin' "TODAY ONLY" sale I've ever seen.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 32 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

rrussell wrote:This is the longest flippin' "TODAY ONLY" sale I've ever seen.

We have a site bug that's causing old sales to be featured on our drop down previews. We are working on fixing it, but it's taking longer than expected