Top 2% of Electronics Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Sparq by Saberlight Plasma Beam Lighter - 2 pack
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Tuesday, Apr 25 to Friday, Apr 28) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

stevef2222

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stevef2222

what type battery? li-ion?

Rust1d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rust1d

Yes yes, this is one of four plasma lighters reviewed by CuttySlick this week. Let's watch him crack it open...

TalismanUK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages TalismanUK
stevef2222 wrote:what type battery? li-ion?

Li-on according to Amazon. Priced at $19.95 each.

"RECHARGEABLE - Sparq houses a rechargeable lithium ion cell instead of fuel."

gregkite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregkite

Can the lid be completely removed? I have the old model; with the hinged lid and it's impossible to light things such as candles inside jars.

willyone

quality posts: 60 Private Messages willyone

Let see... I can buy two for $35 + tax and get a 90 day warranty or, as a Prime member I can buy one for $19.95 + tax and get a lifetime warranty ... hmmm.

redbeard36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redbeard36
gregkite wrote:Can the lid be completely removed? I have the old model; with the hinged lid and it's impossible to light things such as candles inside jars.

From the descripton:
It has been completely re-imagined, re-designed and re-engineered so that it can be used with ANYTHING.

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
willyone wrote:Let see... I can buy two for $35 + tax and get a 90 day warranty or, as a Prime member I can buy one for $19.95 + tax and get a lifetime warranty ... hmmm.

Not to mention it's pay 35 and get two in a week or pay 20 and get one Saturday

1075hoehn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 1075hoehn
gregkite wrote:Can the lid be completely removed? I have the old model; with the hinged lid and it's impossible to light things such as candles inside jars.

Based on the photo at the mothership, the hinge is supported by a pin so it can't be easily removed and replaced.

One would think if you're going to make a lipstick lighter you would make the cap friction fit rather than hinged.

willyone

quality posts: 60 Private Messages willyone
jai151 wrote:Not to mention it's pay 35 and get two in a week or pay 20 and get one Saturday

FYI - As it turns out it's $19.95 and no tax for my state, w/Sat. delivery. I only need one lighter but, if you need or want two, Woot's deal will indeed save you money ... approx. $3.15 over buying two from mothership w/Prime membership. But if someone spends the extra $3.15 for two and they both crap out "anytime" after 3 months (and what's the chance of that) supposedly they'll get $39.90** back. That's worth the extra $3.15 to me, but to each their own. But I only need one lighter and, since I'd say there's a good chance it will fail sometime after 3 months, I'll at least end up getting my $19.95** back instead of just a poorly designed paperweight.

**To be fair: you need to subtract the shipping cost to return the lighter(s). So you'd likely only get $13 back for one, and approx. $33 for two.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 31 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

From the photos the lid looks hinged to me. Sorry

nomel21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nomel21

yeah gooey

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589
jai151 wrote:Not to mention it's pay 35 and get two in a week or pay 20 and get one Saturday

Oh, you spoiled kids!

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589

I think they use these on the International Space Station, for when they step outside for a smoke. If I'm not mistaken

Entity325

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Entity325
dalem589 wrote:I think they use these on the International Space Station, for when they step outside for a smoke. If I'm not mistaken

Naturally. An open flame is the last thing you want inside of a space ship, and it's really hard to get a butane lighter to work in a vacuum.

[edit]Also I have one of the earlier "Zippo"-style designs, and it's fantastic. This redesign fixes most of the shortcomings.

ozob

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ozob

I wonder how effective this would be as a short range stun gun / cattle prod.

That youtube review of the 4 plasma lighters is great. Thanks for posting that. These days I come to woot more to be entertained by the community pages than I do for the mediocre deals.

wooting for more than 10 years...
I'm so old, i remember in the olden days when Woot just had ONE item, yes only ONE item a day....Oh and the b a g s of c r a p were actually interesting and possibly worth more than the price.

sleddy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sleddy

And that is why amazon owns woot. Something that probably would not have entered your mind today and now we're talking about rush delivery.

kscarabin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kscarabin

This device is $10 cheaper on Amazon (the owner of woot). What gives?

jabberwok

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jabberwok

Now, if only they could get that plasma beam to extend out about 3 feet & make a really cool humming sound when I swung it around. *That* would be an awesome lighter...

wootlizer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wootlizer

Any cigar smokers out there? Would you use this kind of lighter to light up your gars?

davoh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davoh
wootlizer wrote:Any cigar smokers out there? Would you use this kind of lighter to light up your gars?

No! I'd never use one to light a cigar. I like to "roast" the tobacco and get it warm a few inches from the flame before I bring the flame to the cigar to light it. I don't imagine I'd be able to do that with this lighter.

wootlizer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wootlizer
davoh wrote:No! I'd never use one to light a cigar. I like to "roast" the tobacco and get it warm a few inches from the flame before I bring the flame to the cigar to light it. I don't imagine I'd be able to do that with this lighter.

That's what I thought. Too bad - looks like a cool little gadget. I might just buy one anyway. Should be good for lighting up fireworks, and gopher gas sticks even in windy conditions.

EnigmaV8

quality posts: 6 Private Messages EnigmaV8

Or you can use coupon code DEALSPLUS25 for free shipping like I just did and then it's a no brainier.