WootBot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Samsung HD Plus 1080p Wi-Fi IP Camera

Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 12% of Electronics Woots
Top 17% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 4% of Electronics Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

lykaon78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lykaon78

Does it work with SmartThings?

lykaon78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lykaon78
lykaon78 wrote:Does it work with SmartThings?



For the record - I did research my question. https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205380794-Samsung-SmartCam#Existing

Similar models are listed as working but this one is not specifically listed.

Soltech


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soltech
lykaon78 wrote:Does it work with SmartThings?



As of right now no. but a firmware patch is in the works so i hear!

ahahl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahahl
lykaon78 wrote:For the record - I did research my question. https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205380794-Samsung-SmartCam#Existing

Similar models are listed as working but this one is not specifically listed.



Samsung SmartCam HD Plus (SNH-V6414BN), Black is listed as working so I chatted with Smartthings and was told they couldn't confirm it would work. He said it might be worth experimenting to see if it does as long as there is a good return policy.

mortepa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mortepa

The Samsung model "6414" IS listed as an option in the Smart Things App now. It was added in the last week or so. You would think since they added "6414", and not a specific model number, that it would logically indicate the entire 6414 line, right? However, Samsung has not been very logical with their cameras at all thus far. I see some models ending in BM and some in BN. The "R" sometimes seen on the end simply means it is refurbished.

mortepa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mortepa
mortepa wrote:The Samsung model "6414" IS listed as an option in the Smart Things App now. It was added in the last week or so. You would think since they added "6414", and not a specific model number, that it would logically indicate the entire 6414 line, right? However, Samsung has not been very logical with their cameras at all thus far. I see some models ending in BM and some in BN. The "R" sometimes seen on the end simply means it is refurbished.



I was able to confirm the models ending in "BN" are guaranteed to be Smart Things compatible. They said the previous "BM" model might work...but no guarantees.

I ordered two of these (BM models)hoping for the best. Since these operate through standard WIFI (and not Zwave or Zigbee), I have a hunch they might actually work with Smartthings. If they do, they would be a heck of a deal!

mcnick5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcnick5
mortepa wrote:I was able to confirm the models ending in "BN" are guaranteed to be Smart Things compatible. They said the previous "BM" model might work...but no guarantees.

I ordered two of these (BM models)hoping for the best. Since these operate through standard WIFI (and not Zwave or Zigbee), I have a hunch they might actually work with Smartthings. If they do, they would be a heck of a deal!



They should work. I read that the "N" stands for new while the "MR" is manufacturer refurbished. seems to be consistent with what's listed on amazon.