WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What's the maximum amount of time you would commute to get to your dream job every day?
  • 27.5% - A half hour or less. 256
  • 40.8% - An hour 380
  • 12.8% - One and a half hours 119
  • 6.2% - Two hours 58
  • 0.5% - Three hours 5
  • 0.8% - Four Hours 7
  • 11.5% - I would commute any distance to get to my dream job! 107
932 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Is this round-trip time?

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk

My dream job would include working from my home office. So, I guess the answer is none.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Had my dream job, it was a 15 minute walk from my house.

isrousro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isrousro

Had one before I retired.
I lived and worked in a National Park.
My travel time (walking) from my house to my shop was under 2 minutes.

askdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages askdal

There was a time not to long ago I commuted every Monday and every Friday Thousands of miles each way. Houston to Chicago. Houston to Washington, Houston to New York, Houston to San Diego, and many others. Enjoyed the job, hated the travel.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

One of the specifications of my dream job would be a short commute.

sycanmarsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sycanmarsh

I will need a helicopter...

l44fox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages l44fox

In the 70's 8 months for each of 5 years, I drove 1015 miles one way to work, which was my dream job, every 3 weeks, leaving Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada at 2AM Tuesday to Cleveland, Ohio pulling in the parking lot at work 2:15 to 2:20pm work 8 hours driving in the steel mill moving steel inside the mill then drive another 30 miles to get home. I never was stopped by the police on any of the trips, and never was in any wrecks

luchmine1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luchmine1

My dream job wouldn't require any commute time. Just sayin...

kandrassy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kandrassy

In order for it to be my dream job, it would require a minimal amount of time for commute.

avsfan80526

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avsfan80526
netprophet1976 wrote:One of the specifications of my dream job would be a short commute.

ditto

AWildWeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AWildWeed

My dream job would include working from my home office. So, I guess the answer is none.

Ditto. Altho I wouldn't mind traveling for my dream job, not so much commuting.

michaelvella

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaelvella

I put one hour, but this said dream job would have to offer work from home days - 2 to 3 a week. And one hour worst case, rainy day commute time traffic.
Right now I work from home 100 percent of the time unless I need to go to the data center for something, but I don't mind working in an office half the time.

quinntanamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quinntanamo

I currently spend about 3.5 hours commuting every day - a 2 mile walk followed by a train and a bus ride. It's horrible.

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

I'd consider moving to be closer to my dream job.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 53 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I'd like to be a professional TV-watcher and would love to put in an 8-hour day without even having gotten out of bed.