WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What room in your place is the main movie-watching room?
  • 68.2% - living room 219
  • 15.6% - bedroom 50
  • 5% - basement 16
  • 0.9% - bathroom 3
  • 9% - whatever room I'm in 29
  • 1.2% - I don't have a place 4
321 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

charmion

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charmion

I would think that family room would be listed as that's where a lot of people have their main tv set up rather than the living room, which is more formal, and some select few have dedicated home theater rooms now.

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes
charmion wrote:I would think that family room would be listed as that's where a lot of people have their main tv set up rather than the living room, which is more formal, and some select few have dedicated home theater rooms now.

When I grew up, the family room WAS the living room. What you are calling the living room was what we called either the front room or parlor. We never went in that room unless we were entertaining--usually my parent's circle of friends.

myimzadi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myimzadi

I'm watching a movie in the bathtub right now...

avsfan80526

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avsfan80526

Family room.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

My mother had a formal living room. No one could enter. It was wasted space. I have a living room and a den. I live in my living room, hence the name living room. The den is also a living room, the room the husband lives in. Our tastes in tv viewing are polar opposites, except for football.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu
jcbroyes wrote:When I grew up, the family room WAS the living room. What you are calling the living room was what we called either the front room or parlor. We never went in that room unless we were entertaining--usually my parent's circle of friends.

Same here - we had a Front Room.
That is where entertainment happens. Music, TV, Video, Family Fights...

Ah, the hell with it.