WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you prefer a soundbar or two stereo speakers?
  • 19.2% - soundbar 108
  • 32.1% - 2 speakers 181
  • 48.7% - why can't it be both 274
563 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ned32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ned32

Surround sound with 5or 6 speakers. It's the only way to go!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Surround sound home theater. Soundbar is a poor substitute but better than the speakers in the TV.

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh
ned32 wrote:Surround sound with 5or 6 speakers. It's the only way to go!

Agreed!

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

I'm fine with the speakers in the newer TV. The older one has an annoying buzz when there is too much bass. That one is hooked to the 5.1 surround.

dijohn2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dijohn2009

7.1, 8 speaker surround.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

5.1 or 7.1 please. Except for the News; you really only need mono for that.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

elbiera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbiera

5.1 for movies. Soundbar.1 or stereo speakers for TV/music. TV speakers for kid shows or when you notice a spike in your electric bill.

SILVERLS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SILVERLS

I use the sound bar for most programing, but when it's a good movie or a favorite tv show I put the audio through my stereo system. (Phase Linear and Klipsch)

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 45 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Just have two speakers and a hugemongus sub woofer right now. The sub really makes the difference. I plan to get two more bookshelf speakers (or maybe two floor speakers and move the 2 bookshelf I have to read) and a center channel speaker later, but music and movies already sound amazeballs, so I may not.

Have you guys seen any writers around?

wanglerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanglerman

sound bar is more convenient than stand alone satellite speakers .