WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Is a landline still useful to you?
  • 37.9% - yes indeed 291
  • 55.8% - nope 428
  • 6.3% - what's a landline? 48
767 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

askdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages askdal

Nope; but I still have one for all the tele marketers and tele scammers to disturb me on.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Ooma.
Because I'm used to having phones in the house & we only get 1 or 2 bars at the house.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Umm, is that like Vonage?

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

winterix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winterix

i've never once said hey, i need a phone i can't take with me.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

Landline?
I thought you said Landmine!

Ah, the hell with it.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

I gave up my landline in 2004, and I haven't missed it once.

HomerTime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HomerTime

At least twice a week I have to resort to calling the house phone because everyone at home has either muted and/or is ignoring their cell phone.

In the past 10 years, we also have had two lengthy power outages where the landlines eventually became the only functioning phones.

im2fas4ya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages im2fas4ya
HomerTime wrote:At least twice a week I have to resort to calling the house phone because everyone at home has either muted and/or is ignoring their cell phone.

In the past 10 years, we also have had two lengthy power outages where the landlines eventually became the only functioning phones.

Same here-as far as the power outages...cell phones were not working (poor signal) and I was the only one with working communication.

2007wolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2007wolf

I have a “landline” for my house, but it’s not a traditional line available through (at my house) AT&T. It uses my high speed internet connection, like Vonage and Ooma, but it costs around $40 a year vs. $5-$15 a month. I use a device from a company called NetTalk. It’s similar in concept to a better known device called MagicJack. Of course, if the Internet goes down, the phone won’t work. For me, that’s no big deal. Most of our phone conversations take place on our cell phones. We don’t have a problem with telemarketers because of Missouri’s no call list, but it’s where all of the robo calls went related to last election.