zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Denon 5.1 A/V Receiver or AudioSource 160W Soundbar
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, May 19 to Tuesday, May 20) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Product Page
Best Buy Reviews

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at crutchfield.com and check out frys.com for a really close picture of the back inputs

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

I have the 1613 and love it.

I word of warning. This unit, I don't believe, can upgrade its firmware.

They just released a patch for the other units that fixed a issue with Dolby+ Encoding that netflix was using. If this hasnt been fixed on this model then you may experience some sound crackles when watching Dolby+ content.

bradcrc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradcrc

does this support 120 fps pass through for frame sequential 3d?

ItsBob2112

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ItsBob2112

This might be just what I want. Hope to see some good comments from the Woot army! Just looking for a simple receiver for a bedroom TV. Only need to hook up the TV (of course), cable box, and a dvd/cd player. Anyone see issues I might get from this?

Wooter to blame for sellout: ItsBob2112

kapytalyst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kapytalyst

Denon refurb? Are their refurbs any good? Sounds like a risk.

crythias

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crythias

Those video in composite are quite the distance from the audio in. I guess it could reach but if the strain relief is too close, it might be problematic with some RCA connections.

With "not enough HDMI", a bonus might be that Xbox One has HDMI pass through (though people have complained that you actually have to have the Xbox One powered on to see TV passed through HDMI.)

My personal hangup would be the limited HDMI:
Cable, Roku, Blu-ray, Game1, Game2

I suppose I could swap connections for game systems.

newgen87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages newgen87
crythias wrote:Those video in composite are quite the distance from the audio in. I guess it could reach but if the strain relief is too close, it might be problematic with some RCA connections.

With "not enough HDMI", a bonus might be that Xbox One has HDMI pass through (though people have complained that you actually have to have the Xbox One powered on to see TV passed through HDMI.)

My personal hangup would be the limited HDMI:
Cable, Roku, Blu-ray, Game1, Game2

I suppose I could swap connections for game systems.

I initially thought the same, however, my receiver has no HDMI ports at all, and my TV only has 2. So this will be a worthy upgrade from that Kenwood VR357 I am hoping.

soontobepcv1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soontobepcv1

$100 for a Denon receiver that has current technology? Whole Tilapia Fish.

thermop6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thermop6
kapytalyst wrote:Denon refurb? Are their refurbs any good? Sounds like a risk.

I bought a Denon refurb right here on woot two years ago and have been thrilled with it. Worth the risk!

jwmcclure

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jwmcclure

Does this convert between the digital/analog signals. e.g. Can I plug in hdmi components and output via analog?

ItsBob2112

Got mine fast, hooked it up in a matter of minutes, love it! I know it's a refurb, but this was a great deal! It looks good, easy hook up, and it sounds great. Who says good deals don't exist on Woot anymore?! Found one! And now, back to the music.

bradlejs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradlejs

Got notified today that mine will be delayed due to train derailment. Whole Tilapia Fish?! Woot, what happens if my package severely delayed or damaged? Pretty bummed about this since was expecting it for the weekend :-/

ItsBob2112

ItsBob2112 wrote:Got mine fast, hooked it up in a matter of minutes, love it! I know it's a refurb, but this was a great deal! It looks good, easy hook up, and it sounds great. Who says good deals don't exist on Woot anymore?! Found one! And now, back to the music.

My love for this has quickly changed to bleep. Everything is choppy. TV, radio, cd so far. Called Denon but I'll to wait until Tuesday due to Memorial Day. Anyone have an idea what might be wrong or a way to stop it? I was so happy to finally have everything connected and working then it crapped on my good time.

bradlejs

Bob, hope that works out for you. I know Denon is a good brand so I hope your experience is isolated. For me though, if my package is even slightly damaged i plan to return the shipment (look at my previous post).

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bradlejs wrote:Bob, hope that works out for you. I know Denon is a good brand so I hope your experience is isolated. For me though, if my package is even slightly damaged i plan to return the shipment (look at my previous post).

ItsBob2112 wrote:My love for this has quickly changed to bleep. Everything is choppy. TV, radio, cd so far. Called Denon but I'll to wait until Tuesday due to Memorial Day. Anyone have an idea what might be wrong or a way to stop it? I was so happy to finally have everything connected and working then it crapped on my good time.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your purchase.

If you're unsuccessful at finding assistance with Denon please email into support@woot.com and let them know.

bradlejs

Well just going to put out an update on this purchase. This unit doesn't get much use, since it's in media room I honestly don't have much time to use. But I've noticed that i have to restart the receiver MULTIPLE times before i get a picture. The sound works fine, but i have to plug/unplug the unit many many times for it to have a picture. Will be contacting Denon hoping for a replacement.

feelsgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feelsgood

Well I foolishly bought the AudioSource 160W Soundbar and threw away 100 good dollars. This thing sounds awful. It's out of the box and the speakers just sound blown. It's now unhooked because it's unusable. Again, foolishly I through away the box. Think I'm done with this site. fish-like.