WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

DJ Gear

Clarification: this is to be a dj, like someone who hosts dance parties, not DJ Tanner, America's favorite daughter.

cabaretsinger

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cabaretsinger

The Samsung MX-FS8000 2.2-Channel 2300W Giga Sound System is a pretty good deal considering that it is a factory recondition and the new prices I found are in the $800 to $1000 range. The few reviews I found were all excellent (5 stars).

That being said, it is listed by Samsung and other sellers as a mini component system and one should be forewarned that there is nothing mini about it. Check out the specs and you will find that it is huge and heavy with a total shipping weight of approx 165 pounds. That makes Woot's $5.00 shipping a great deal!

Here are the specs from Samsung.com: (http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/consumer/tv-audio-video/audio-systems/mini/MX-FS8000/ZP-spec)

21.6" x 8.3" x 14.4" Set Net Dimension
25.5" x 25.6" x 17.3" Front Speaker Net Dimension (1-Piece)
24.6" x 11.6" x 17.9" Set Package Dimension
39.7" x 29.0" x 28.5" Speaker Package Dimension (WxHxD) Two Pack
8.6 kg Set Package Weight (18.96 lbs.)
62 kg Speaker Package Weight (136.4 lbs.)

I don’t think anyone would want to move it around a lot.

maximguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maximguy

Any suggestions for non-powered speakers? I'd like to mount them in a big outbuilding for use with a traditional receiver and not have to plug the speakers in for power too. Are the PPAD102's the way to go?

wallyennis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wallyennis

What height is the drawer? The specs should list it in rack units (RU).

1RU = 1.75 inches

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wallyennis wrote:What height is the drawer? The specs should list it in rack units (RU).

1RU = 1.75 inches

According to a review on Amazon:

This is a 3U drawer that fits a standard 19" rack and is 14.5" deep. If you have a 4-post 29" deep rack and bought 2, you could have the one in front for manuals and another in the back to store connectors and stuff. Also, the ears DO NOT COME OFF. This drawer is rack mount only.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jontwentyfive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jontwentyfive

Somebody help me out here on the Samsung system: How does a system that pulls 137 watts from the mains line output 2,300 watts? Watts in is watts out (and actually watts out is usually less than watts in due to power loss on conversion from AC-DC, etc), so either they have their AC power consumption wrong or there's no way it outputs 2,300 watts for real.

anachostic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anachostic

Good job, Pyle. A rackmount device with an iPod dock ON TOP. You are geniuses of design.

noneibm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noneibm

anyone know more about the

PYLE Pro PDCDTP620M Digital DJ/CD/CD-R/MP3 Player & Controller

it says it can play CD's but where does the CD go? Also, do I need 2 of them to cross fade and mix on the fly?

bieriewk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bieriewk
jontwentyfive wrote:Somebody help me out here on the Samsung system: How does a system that pulls 137 watts from the mains line output 2,300 watts? Watts in is watts out (and actually watts out is usually less than watts in due to power loss on conversion from AC-DC, etc), so either they have their AC power consumption wrong or there's no way it outputs 2,300 watts for real.

RMS is audio power, not electrical power. 2,300 watts of audio power is not equivalent to electrical power, they are two different things that use the same unit of measure. Audio power ratings are governed under a standard set in the US. See this Wiki article for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_power

philmills

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philmills

It's worth mentioning that any number Pyle attaches to their products should be taken with a very large grain of salt. The love to quote the "Peak" power (that is: it'll handle that power *once*) of their products while reputable companies quote the RMS power (far lower than peak, but what the equipment is actually capable of sustaining).