WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Charge Stuff

Get the lightning bolts from the wall to your machines! 

blade965

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blade965

For the Hub It.... Where would I find additional "cartridges"? I see it comes with a; micro usb, mini usb, 30 pin, and apple lightning. I need 2 micro's and 2, 30 pins. Where do I get more cartridges? Their website only indicates to "ask about additional cartridges"... I'm trying here!!

This would be nice to only have a single plug in and not 4 like my current set up.

f3t1b1s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f3t1b1s

Those Evolution chargers keep showing up here...

They are horrible! The edges are sharp so keeping them in the same pocket as your phone will scratch it.

If you accidentally press the on/off button and nothing is plugged in, the power will drain anyway. I want to meet the genius who thought that was a good idea.

This thing is next to useless. It is also only 2600 mAh, and the listed amount is never what you actually get, so it isn't even enough to fully charge a standard smartphone battery.

The only good thing I can say is that it is the most durable power bank I've ever seen! So at least it has one good thing going for it.

toddcexp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddcexp
blade965 wrote:For the Hub It.... Where would I find additional "cartridges"? I see it comes with a; micro usb, mini usb, 30 pin, and apple lightning. I need 2 micro's and 2, 30 pins. Where do I get more cartridges? Their website only indicates to "ask about additional cartridges"... I'm trying here!!

This would be nice to only have a single plug in and not 4 like my current set up.

These things are just hitting the market, so it doesn't appear that cartridges are available yet. Their website even discuss expansion cartridges that are only in development, such as wireless charging.

But, there are three USB ports (in addition to the 4 retractable cartridges) available to use with your existing cables. Does that work for you, or is the retractable cable what makes it appealing?

I'm thinking of getting one myself. It's only the newness that is keeping me from pulling the trigger... would I want the product if it flops and additional cartridges are never made available?

yakfishingfool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakfishingfool

Something is not right with this unit. I would love to have two 30 pin adapters and it talks about usb 3 speeds but can a regular usb connector go in? The usb connection I see seems to be for syncing with your computer. Looks like a good idea poorly executed or presented. Too bad overall. Guess I will wait.

Eggtronic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eggtronic
yakfishingfool wrote:Something is not right with this unit. I would love to have two 30 pin adapters and it talks about usb 3 speeds but can a regular usb connector go in? The usb connection I see seems to be for syncing with your computer. Looks like a good idea poorly executed or presented. Too bad overall. Guess I will wait.

HUB IT has an a microcontroller inside that automatically manages both fast charge and data transfer simultaneously, and it is compliant with BC 1.2 standard too.

So, all the USB ports and the retractable cartridge connectors are ok both for fast charge (2.5A each port) and syncing (up to 5Gbps).

If you have any other doubt, simply ask us!

dfobare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfobare

So can this charge up my iPad Mini? Kinda new to Apple products; the Mini doesn't use the 30 pin connector.

Eggtronic

dfobare wrote:So can this charge up my iPad Mini? Kinda new to Apple products; the Mini doesn't use the 30 pin connector.

Yes, you can charge your iPad Mini using the Apple Lightning connector included (it's not the 30 pin, it's the new smaller one).

Because iPad mini is BC 1.2 compliant, you'll charge at full speed and transfer data simultaneously.

dfobare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfobare

Not sure this has the capacity to do a full charge though.

My use case: scoring son's weekend tournament baseball games via GameChanger app. Mini handles 2 but if we ever have to play 3+ I'm out of luck. Usually I've got about 19-20% left but have had a day where I was at ~12% after a two-game set. Would like to be at 50%+ before starting a 3rd game.

Can this device get me there?

Eggtronic wrote:Yes, you can charge your iPad Mini using the Apple Lightning connector included (it's not the 30 pin, it's the new smaller one).

Because iPad mini is BC 1.2 compliant, you'll charge at full speed and transfer data simultaneously.

Eggtronic

dfobare wrote:Not sure this has the capacity to do a full charge though.

My use case: scoring son's weekend tournament baseball games via GameChanger app. Mini handles 2 but if we ever have to play 3+ I'm out of luck. Usually I've got about 19-20% left but have had a day where I was at ~12% after a two-game set. Would like to be at 50%+ before starting a 3rd game.

Can this device get me there?

Hi,
HuB IT is a Sync & Charge Station that must be connected to the grid, it isn't a battery pack.

When it's supplied, HUB IT is a fast charging station and / or a USB 3.0 HUB with 7 connections, customizable cables and so on.

You can 100% charge your iPad mini at full speed, but HUB IT must be always supplied.

After the battery of your iPad is fully charged, Apple declares 10+ hours, but my experience (browser, some app and so on) is that your battery will last 3 - 4 hours.

I hope this can be useful for you, otherwise simply ask me!

mojiody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojiody

So, eggtronic, which/how many cubes are included in the unit for purchase?

yakfishingfool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakfishingfool

Great, MFR here...I have iphones at the house, like 4 of them. I understand it comes with one 30 pin cube but if I could plug in three additional usb cables it might be something to use. Can I use the one 30 pin cube and plug in 3 more usb cables directly into the device somewhere?

Eggtronic

mojiody wrote:So, eggtronic, which/how many cubes are included in the unit for purchase?

The HUB IT unit includes 4 cartridges (cubes):
1 micro USB
1 mini USB
1 Apple dock 30 pin
1 Apple Lightning (the new Apple connector)

These cartridges can be customized in one second, if you prefer a different setup (i.e. more micro USB or more Apple).

Moreover, there are 3 additional USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports, which can be useful for fast charge too.

So the total is 7 connections (charge and data at the same time)

Eggtronic

yakfishingfool wrote:Great, MFR here...I have iphones at the house, like 4 of them. I understand it comes with one 30 pin cube but if I could plug in three additional usb cables it might be something to use. Can I use the one 30 pin cube and plug in 3 more usb cables directly into the device somewhere?

It already includes 4 cartridges (cubes). Please see the answer above.

However, of course you can connect your USB cables into one of the 3 additional USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports.

Finally, you can customize all the cubes / cartridges as you prefer.

If you need more cartridges, you can write us and we will ship in a couple of days (pur website is still under construction, but the cartridges are available).

Thank you all for the interest!

jdclover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdclover

For the Hub It, output states that it's 4A. I thought 2A was for fast charging, so would that mean once you connect more than 2 devices that can use 2A each that charging will start to slow down on each device?

Eggtronic

jdclover wrote:For the Hub It, output states that it's 4A. I thought 2A was for fast charging, so would that mean once you connect more than 2 devices that can use 2A each that charging will start to slow down on each device?

It means that until you don't reach 4A total output, it will supply all the connected devices at the maximum speed allowed by the devices (i.e. you can charge 2 tablets simultaneously at maximum speed).

When the limit of 4A is reached, if you connect other devices (more than 2 tablets simultaneously for example) it will automatically adjust the charging speed to supply all the devices simultaneously.

Finally, there are 2 automatic protections inside, based on smart ICs that protects against overcurrent and overtemperature.

cbombard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbombard

What is the cost of the modules? In particular I am interested in another lightning module.

blade965

Eggtronic wrote:The HUB IT unit includes 4 cartridges (cubes):
1 micro USB
1 mini USB
1 Apple dock 30 pin
1 Apple Lightning (the new Apple connector)

These cartridges can be customized in one second, if you prefer a different setup (i.e. more micro USB or more Apple).

Moreover, there are 3 additional USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports, which can be useful for fast charge too.

So the total is 7 connections (charge and data at the same time)

You say they can be customized but where do we find the additional cartridges? I'm perfectly clear on what they come with. The problem is where to get the cartridges I NEED. In my house I have 3 ipads, 2 Galaxy tabs a Galaxy S4 and and Iphone 4. So I only need the 30pin and the micro. The retractable feature is what I'm seeking. If I'm plugging USB cables into it then I might as well use my current set up and have USB cable all over my "Charging station".

What I don't understand is that you sell the four cartridges with the whole hub it system, why am I not able to get them separately??

blade965

Eggtronic wrote:It already includes 4 cartridges (cubes). Please see the answer above.

However, of course you can connect your USB cables into one of the 3 additional USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports.

Finally, you can customize all the cubes / cartridges as you prefer.

If you need more cartridges, you can write us and we will ship in a couple of days (pur website is still under construction, but the cartridges are available).

Thank you all for the interest!

PERFECT!!! I'm in, I just ordered it, can you send me 2 more micro USB cartridges??

Eggtronic

blade965 wrote:PERFECT!!! I'm in, I just ordered it, can you send me 2 more micro USB cartridges??

Hi everybody,
the main question now is: where the additional cartridges can be purchased?

Simply write us (info@eggtronic.com) and ask what you need, we will send in a couple of days.

Sorry we're late with our ecommerce, so now we must manage the orders of additional cartridges manually.

Eggtronic

Eggtronic wrote:Hi everybody,
the main question now is: where the additional cartridges can be purchased?

Simply write us (info@eggtronic.com) and ask what you need, we will send in a couple of days.

Sorry we're late with our ecommerce, so now we must manage the orders of additional cartridges manually.

About the pricing: the SRP is 7,99 USD, but in during the launch we offer for 5,99 USD.

toddcexp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddcexp

I'm in. It's a new product, as attested by the additional cartridges via email due to the incomplete site. I'm almost thinking of this as a Kickstarter project. :-)

What sold me is the manufacturer. I asked some questions via email and got rapid, helpful responses. And he showed up here in the forum to answer questions. Gives me more confidence than buying random Chinese electronics.