Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1TB HD
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Apr 07 to Thursday, Apr 10) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/24/2014 - $349.99 - 24 comment(s)
10/16/2013 - $319.99 (Woot-off) - 28 comment(s)
7/13/2013 - $349.99 - 38 comment(s)

3/25/2014 - $299.99 (Woot Plus)
3/10/2014 - $299.99 (Woot Plus)
3/10/2014 - $319.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to learn all about USB 3.0

adhurt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages adhurt

Hey all... just an important head's up for system builders, upgraders, tinkerers, etc.

This HP is a System on a Chip (SoC) design – chipset and processor are combined. The motherboard supports the AMD Kabini A6-5200 APU only. The processor is not upgradable.

Go check out HP's page on this system

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03786042&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..." Lazarus Long

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
adhurt wrote:Hey all... just an important head's up for system builders, upgraders, tinkerers, etc.

This HP is a System on a Chip (SoC) design – chipset and processor are combined. The motherboard supports the AMD Kabini A6-5200 APU only. The processor is not upgradable.

Go check out HP's page on this system

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03786042&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Good information. Thank you.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/HP-Pavilion-500-a60-2.0GHz-8GB-1TB-Win-8-Desktop-Refurbished/8530452/product.html

Overstock gets $336.20.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

bowlingb

quality posts: 21 Private Messages bowlingb

Bought one on a previous Woot at the beginning of this year. It died after one day.

bobwhitley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobwhitley

Woot's specs say this machine has two memory slots and a max of 16 gigs. Crucial says it's four slots and 32 gigs:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion%20500-a60&Cat=RAM

Who is right?

[MOD: See my post below.]

Richdoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Richdoe

Graphics card didn't benchmark very well.

Sitting one source:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+8400

enfield03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enfield03

No open card slots + no serial ports = no buy. Much too limited for my purposes.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bobwhitley wrote:Woot's specs say this machine has two memory slots and a max of 16 gigs. Crucial says it's four slots and 32 gigs:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion%20500-a60&Cat=RAM

Who is right?

According to the HP site, it has 2 sockets.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Not a fan of these pseudo-laptop in a big box PCs. Cheap parts, not upgradable, difficult/impossible to fix, external 65 watt power brick.

Better to spend similar money on a real desktop PC with standard parts, internal power supply.

bobriber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobriber

Bought one of these last time. It is running flawlessly and have already updated to Win 8.1.
Using a 24" AOC monitor running at its max resolution.

proxieme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proxieme

I get that this is a limited system, but would it do for my kids (7 and 10)?

Have you seen anything comparably priced on woot that has been upgradeable?

Castille360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Castille360
proxieme wrote:I get that this is a limited system, but would it do for my kids (7 and 10)?

My kids are 7 and 11, but they're not 3 anymore - they're gamer kids and this definitely isn't sufficiently upgradable for a desktop machine. You might consider putting something cheap together from newegg that you can upgrade in pieces as you go. Ah, it's a good day when your kids are all excited because you're dropping a pair of new video cards into a machine ;)

oldngrumpy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldngrumpy1
proxieme wrote:I get that this is a limited system, but would it do for my kids (7 and 10)?

The system would be great for general web surfing or netflix. Anything beyond that, such as video intensive gaming, would push it. The price is right for the large hard drive and fast memory. A comparably priced Gateway (sx2370-ur13) has half the hard drive and memory and isn't much more upgradeable due to it's weak power supply and small form factor.

mrtreehorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrtreehorn

For what it's worth, I've purchased 5 of these refurbished HP boxes over the past few years for our workplace. I've had zero problems with any of them. They are plenty of power for our day to day work using Excel, Word and internet services. Of course your mileage may vary.

colinchout

quality posts: 5 Private Messages colinchout
bobriber wrote:Bought one of these last time. It is running flawlessly and have already updated to Win 8.1.
Using a 24" AOC monitor running at its max resolution.

I,too , bought one last year March.

The pc ran flawlessly until recently when I clicked on the 8.1 version invitation from HP site .

The whole PC shut down after the download , I called HP and they wanted $199 to fix it , claimed this is an issue from Microsoft , not HP . Of course I turned these pirates down and ended up reset the PC to its original condition.

Anyway , it's not the same after doing so , my pc is much slower and keep on freezing from time to time even though I bought and installed a Norton Antivirus 2013 version on my PC right after purchased the PC from Woot .

One other thing ,to make the matter much worse, don't know if it's just me or have anyone else notice that nowadays , when we call for customer services , especially technical , you would ended up talking to some agents from India ? Imagine talking to Apu (from the Simpson) on step by step technical service . Happened to me many times lately . One word to describe the experiences : Nightmare !

oldngrumpy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldngrumpy1
bluemaple wrote:Not a fan of these pseudo-laptop in a big box PCs. Cheap parts, not upgradable, difficult/impossible to fix, external 65 watt power brick.

Better to spend similar money on a real desktop PC with standard parts, internal power supply.

I don't get the advantage of the big box if you can't put anything in it. You'd think HP would have scaled it down to small form factor configuration, which is just as difficult to upgrade due to weak power supplies that aren't upgradeable. I have a Gateway with all the open slots and no way to power anything placed in them.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

would i need to replace the graphics card to use dual displays?

pfffft!

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
oldngrumpy1 wrote:I don't get the advantage of the big box if you can't put anything in it. You'd think HP would have scaled it down to small form factor configuration, which is just as difficult to upgrade due to weak power supplies that aren't upgradeable. I have a Gateway with all the open slots and no way to power anything placed in them.

@oldngrumpy1, I suspect the big box with less in it is a marketing/perception thing. You're getting less in the compact form factor desktops as well. This way technologically unsophisticated folks think they're getting the traditional desktop and all its normal attributes.