WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

PC Whatnots

Sorry, the writers are talking about Twin Peaks right now and it's very difficult to focus on these computer accessories. Who killed the Marvin the Martian USB drive? Will we ever know? Does anything matter? Is Taz about to eat his brains? 

jrs1980

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

I "like" that the photo has three USB drives that aren't for sale...

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

spongeblake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongeblake
jrs1980 wrote:I "like" that the photo has three USB drives that aren't for sale...

Yeah, what gives? The only one I'd even consider buying is the Marvin the Martian one and it's not available.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

picture was from a pervious sale.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

luke975 wrote:picture was from a pervious sale.

Recycling is good.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
spongeblake wrote:Yeah, what gives? The only one I'd even consider buying is the Marvin the Martian one and it's not available.

I never understood the infatuation people have with marvin. Soooo many people in the 90's got marvin tattoos...why?

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
bsmith1 wrote:I never understood the infatuation people have with marvin. Soooo many people in the 90's got marvin tattoos...why?

Space Jam?

Riga28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riga28

I want MARVIN!!! SELL IT!!! One More Goal FALSE ADVERTISING???? Get it going Woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Riga28 wrote:I want MARVIN!!! SELL IT!!! One More Goal FALSE ADVERTISING???? Get it going Woot!

We've sold them quite a few times before but we're out of stock on them now.

And that doesn't fit the definition of False Advertising. It's just artwork.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner
ThunderThighs wrote:We've sold them quite a few times before but we're out of stock on them now.

I agree it's not false advertising, but it is definitely not just artwork. At best, it is misleading advertising.

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
ThunderThighs wrote:Recycling is good.

Ya, I'll buy some things - just use the money from last purchase.

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
ThunderThighs wrote:We've sold them quite a few times before but we're out of stock on them now.

That's not counterfeit money I sent for payment, it's artwork.

kazper

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kazper
haydesigner wrote:I agree it's not false advertising, but it is definitely not just artwork. At best, it is misleading advertising.

Couldn't agree more, misleading. There was a sale a few weeks ago where the only reason I clicked on the link was because I wanted something that was in the picture. Turns out, it wasn't being offered. Not that it was sold out, but it was even for sale that day. Why include a picture of it then, Woot?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Craig234 wrote:That's not counterfeit money I sent for payment, it's artwork.

Currency is a government issued document and has laws to protect it.

We have a photo studio of about 5 photographers plus one Photoshop person creating banners for 50-70 events per week plus shooting photos for hundreds of sales. Sometimes we have to reuse banners.

Here's an old video on our photo studio. Back then we had one photographer.

FORUM MODERATOR

pakenham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pakenham
kazper wrote:Couldn't agree more, misleading. There was a sale a few weeks ago where the only reason I clicked on the link was because I wanted something that was in the picture. Turns out, it wasn't being offered. Not that it was sold out, but it was even for sale that day. Why include a picture of it then, Woot?

God forbid you waste a click.

spsmyth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spsmyth

Anyone using the ZyXel Powerline Ethernet Adapters? They have a pretty solid 4 star track record at The Amazon, and I need 4 of them, but I don't want to spend $118 plus tax and the Woot shipping to find that they don't work or the set up is cryptic.

Steve S.

Former Apple tech and general IT guy.

ThunderThighs

Staff

How's this?

FORUM MODERATOR

Soeasytohate

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Soeasytohate
ThunderThighs wrote:How's this?

haha

I can't and don't want to imagine what some of these people are like in real life if they feel enraged over something so silly as this.

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish

That two in one mouse is probably one of the more ridiculous products I've seen. Reading the manufacturer's description of it, the mouse is so clearly aimed a a small niche. No wonder I've never heard of it before.

llocutus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages llocutus

Man, if those purple batteries had 510 connections they could make a killing.