WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kanto Bluetooth Speakers

We know what you're thinking right now, "Should I buy a Kanto Bluetooth speaker or should I take that money and invest it in alligator cryogenics technology?" We're not going to pressure you into anything, but take a moment to really think about why anybody would preserve an alligator by freezing it. 

velocityhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages velocityhead

I bought these the last time they were on Woot!

Spectacular. I think they're worth a fair deal more than $180.

schaffert

quality posts: 2 Private Messages schaffert

I bought these last time as well, I'm very happy with the sound, but my PC needed a ground-loop filter to eliminate some hum/whine on the analog input.

Having 2 optical inputs is very convenient.

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik
schaffert wrote:I bought these last time as well, I'm very happy with teh sound, but my PC needed a ground-loop filter to eliminate some hum/wine on teh analog input.

Having 2 optical inputs is very convenient.

I got them as well, and have teh same issue with a little bit of noise coming from teh analog output. My PC has got a Asus Xonar sound card. What exactly did you buy?

Awesome speakers BTW, amazing price buy them now!

drdavidhartman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drdavidhartman
velocityhead wrote:I bought these the last time they were on Woot!

Spectacular. I think they're worth a fair deal more than $180.

Agreed. I did as well. They are far better and far more detailed acoustically than Bose or any blue tooth competitor.

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

I wish these (and other BT speakers) wouldn't automatically shut off after a period of non-use (no audio). In particular, these speakers will lose their volume, treble/bass, and BT connection EACH time they automatically power down. I'd like to use them as permanent PC speakers with occasional other use but the power down reset kills it for me.

daveyfromjersey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveyfromjersey

I've been mulling over teh measurements. It looks like teh perspective of these photos minimize teh actual depth. it's actually deeper then it is wide, but guess teh opposite from these photos.

from someone who has these, what's been you're reaction to teh size when unpacking?

corndeezy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corndeezy1

GREAT pair OF BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS I BOUGHT a COUPLE OF pairS, WORTH teh $180

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Oh God, I couldn't hold out any longer. I hope I could put them to good use. At this point I have too many speakers now.

samlodise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samlodise
daveyfromjersey wrote:
From someone who has these, what's been your reaction to the size when unpacking?

I was expecting these to be much smaller as well. They are very large Bookshelf speakers without a doubt. I have the white Bluetooth Audyssey speakers that woot sells on occasion and they are dwarfed by the Kanto speakers. That being said, these look sexy as hell. I purchased the glossy black speakers and damn they look classy. While I was surprised at the size, I prefer the Kanto's in terms of audio quality for a large space. I have them in my living room and they fill it with sound . The much smaller Audyssey speakers never came close.

I do not consider the size to be a negative. They are in a prominent place in my living room and no one has ever thought they look too big. However several people have commented on the sound quality. And they do sound great.

Hempseed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hempseed

What's the bluetooth experience with speakers like this? You have to connect through your phone's settings every time you want to listen through these?

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik
Hempseed wrote:What's the bluetooth experience with speakers like this? You have to connect through your phone's settings every time you want to listen through these?

You connect to it like you would connect to any bluetooth device.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan
Hempseed wrote:What's the bluetooth experience with speakers like this? You have to connect through your phone's settings every time you want to listen through these?

You have to go into your phone and press connect. It will not auto connect like my other bluetooth speakers.