0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

AOC 22" 1080p IPS LED Monitor
Price: $89.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Mar 18 to Wednesday, Mar 19) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3107 Private Messages lichme

ewhac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewhac

One of my LCD panels has been slowly burning out over the last few months, so I've been keeping my eyes open for deals, particularly on IPS displays. Despite it not having a VESA mount, I thought I'd missed an opportunity when the $99.99 23" AOC IPS panel from the other day sold out overnight.

This one is one inch smaller. Which makes it the same size as the tightly-packed-on-my-desk panels it would be replacing. And, unlike the AOC from the other night, this one has a VESA mount.

I pulled the trigger on two.

I'm not normally given to impulse purchases like this, especially where refurbs are involved. So: Do not disappoint me, AOC...

namelessadler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namelessadler

I really wish that they shipped these to Alaska... Why don't they?

voidxyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages voidxyz

sorry, im a complete newb, but can i connect two of these monitors to my 2013 macbook air? ideally, i'd like to have the notebook shut and have two of these screens as an extended desktop. tips?

itzspeldrong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itzspeldrong
voidxyz wrote:sorry, im a complete newb, but can i connect two of these monitors to my 2013 macbook air? ideally, i'd like to have the notebook shut and have two of these screens as an extended desktop. tips?

I'm sure there is a way to do this, but the first and most obvious problem I can think of is the video output ports on your Macbook. I refuse to affiliate with Mac as a whole, but the odds of them having the two video outputs you need, especially on that bare-bones "air" of yours is slim to none.

From the specs page of the AOC 22":
Analog Input: RGB D-Sub
Digital Input: DVI-HDCP
--------------------------
Connectors:
Analog RGB Signal: 15-pin D-sub Male
Digital Signal: 24-pin DVI-D

To hook up any computer to these monitors, ultimately, you'll need two video outputs. They do make adapters to convert signals like HDMI into DVI, but that tiny overpriced laptop probably doesn't have either of these outputs, if any at all.

I hope I helped answer your question at least a little. :P

ewhac

voidxyz wrote:...can i connect two of these monitors to my 2013 macbook air? ideally, i'd like to have the notebook shut and have two of these screens as an extended desktop. tips?

Some quick Googling suggests such a thing is not very easy and/or cheap, due to ThunderBolt being not widely adopted.

This post is two years old, but seems to provide a still-accurate summary.

itzspeldrong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itzspeldrong
ewhac wrote:Some quick Googling suggests such a thing is not very easy and/or cheap, due to ThunderBolt being not widely adopted.

This post is two years old, but seems to provide a still-accurate summary.

An external USB graphics card and an adapter for the "Thunderbolt" port seems like the best solution at this point. Definitely looks like a pain.

andrewthemexican

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewthemexican
voidxyz wrote:sorry, im a complete newb, but can i connect two of these monitors to my 2013 macbook air? ideally, i'd like to have the notebook shut and have two of these screens as an extended desktop. tips?

The MacBook Airs GPU only supports internal display + 1 monitor natively. The one monitor would connect via Thunderbolt (adapter you'd use would be Mini DisplayPort to DVI). It's not designed to work with an additional, but if you get an adapter that is a video card to manage a display via USB, that should work.

Leodwyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leodwyn

I'm always a little concerned about refurb electronics...is the $16 square trade coverage a good idea?

derfermark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derfermark

Instead of this deal, spend $10 more (after $30 rebate) and get a brand new HP monitor and inch larger! Not sure if woot likes competitor's links so replace the DOTs with periods...
www (DOT) ecost (DOT) com/p/HP-Monitors/product~dpno~9077086~pdp.hbfacbh

sabat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabat

Does anyone know if this monitor could be used in portrait mode, with a VESA stand? Thanks.

visuvius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages visuvius
sabat wrote:Does anyone know if this monitor could be used in portrait mode, with a VESA stand? Thanks.

This does not have VESA at the back

hokeysmoke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hokeysmoke

I bought this monitor when it was on Woot before and I really like it. Despite "refurbished", it looked brand new in the box but did have a "recertified" sticker on it. It's IPS which is the best technology for image quality and viewing angle. Note that you don't get an edge-to-edge image since the actual LCD is significantly inside of the "2mm bezel". It does have VESA mounting holes.

alanfitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanfitch

That first video was a waste of time. I guess that's what happens when you put a camera in the hands of a rapper :-(

gwbaker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gwbaker

Considering this one...

BOTH videos are useless. Duh, lets read the stuff on the box then open it up. A REVIEW, which require powering it on and connecting it to a computer, would be MUCH more useful. Was it the iphone peeps that started the "unboxing?" Can we change this to "unbox and then do something useful?"

Cute doggie tho...

Old Chinese Guy Say: Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

ewhac

visuvius wrote:This does not have VESA at the back

Um, hello... From the specs panel:

VESA Mount Size: 75 x 75mm

Also corroborated on AOC's Web page:

The ultra-slim monitor can also be detached from the stand and be wall-mounted with the VESA 75mm Wall Mount Compliant feature.

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash
derfermark wrote:Instead of this deal, spend $10 more (after $30 rebate) and get a brand new HP monitor and inch larger! Not sure if woot likes competitor's links so replace the DOTs with periods...

Woot is good about not getting cheerleadery if you find a better deal and post it.

silencethenoise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silencethenoise
derfermark wrote:Instead of this deal, spend $10 more (after $30 rebate) and get a brand new HP monitor and inch larger! Not sure if woot likes competitor's links so replace the DOTs with periods...

That HP monitor looks to be TN, not IPS. So take notice, if that's a deciding factor for you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

glubash wrote:Woot is good about not getting cheerleadery if you find a better deal and post it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

juicius

quality posts: 42 Private Messages juicius
namelessadler wrote:I really wish that they shipped these to Alaska... Why don't they?

A line of fierce Canadian polar bear troop guards the lone pass between Washington state and Alaska and exacts an iron price on all who dares the passage. Woot lost many couriers during its early days and their heroism is commemorated on a special wall in their HQ in Texas. Alas, the price was deemed far too high, and delivery to Alaska was abandoned.

sabat

ewhac wrote:

Thanks for the assist.

I'm not monitor savvy - but I can't find anything in the manual that states that it CAN be used in portrait mode, so I'm going to assume it won't, unless someone can school me. Please.

juicius

quality posts: 42 Private Messages juicius
sabat wrote:Thanks for the assist.

I'm not monitor savvy - but I can't find anything in the manual that states that it CAN be used in portrait mode, so I'm going to assume it won't, unless someone can school me. Please.

Based on the picture of the stand, I don't think it can. You would have to mount it on a VESA that allows portrait mode. Below is a nice cheap mount that does. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088RIV1W/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen the price as low as $10 and it's a very solid mount.

As for this monitor, I have 3 in the cart and considering, but since I plan to place them in portrait mode, the fat bottom bezel is giving me a pause...

sabat

juicius wrote:Based on the picture of the stand, I don't think it can. You would have to mount it on a VESA that allows portrait mode. Below is a nice cheap mount that does. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088RIV1W/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen the price as low as $10 and it's a very solid mount.

As for this monitor, I have 3 in the cart and considering, but since I plan to place them in portrait mode, the fat bottom bezel is giving me a pause...

OK, I just called AOC cust service, and the monitor will not pivot the signal on its own, but it looks like I can do it from my Mac, so I'm in for 1.

qborchardt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qborchardt

Anybody know if this thing includes any cables besides power?

mrlumpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrlumpy
sabat wrote:OK, I just called AOC cust service, and the monitor will not pivot the signal on its own, but it looks like I can do it from my Mac, so I'm in for 1.

Yeah - if you have your own mount, you should be good to go. It does not look like the included stand is able to pivot to portrait, though.

elvenharps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elvenharps

Just bought one of these. Can't really say no at the asking price! Just fingers crossed on the factory refurb aspect...!

ganzeiba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ganzeiba
qborchardt wrote:Anybody know if this thing includes any cables besides power?

In the box:

AOC I2269VW 22" 1080p IPS LED Monitor
Power Adapter

Anyone who got it before has any idea if it includes any monitor-to-pc cable?

ewhac

ganzeiba wrote:Anyone who got it before has any idea if it includes any monitor-to-pc cable?

In case anyone still cares: Mine arrived today. They each came with a power cable and a VGA cable (no DVI cable).

frameuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frameuser

Ordered 2 and received them yesterday. Using them in dual setup and both are sharp and bright. One was brighter than the other, but a little adjustment and they now match. Great deal and yes, each only came with a power cord and VGA cable.

wrapper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrapper
frameuser wrote:Ordered 2 and received them yesterday. Using them in dual setup and both are sharp and bright. One was brighter than the other, but a little adjustment and they now match. Great deal and yes, each only came with a power cord and VGA cable.

Using two for a couple of hours and nice. One is brighter but it may be one is running DVI and other is using VGA cables. Came with power cable and VGA cable. No DVI cable.

Grayfox215

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grayfox215

Do we know when these will come back? I missed out on buying a pair by an hour and I'm kicking myself.