zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

Your Choice of Pinnacle Soundbar
Price: $129.99 - 199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Mar 17 to Tuesday, Mar 18) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hi,

WELCOME WOOT COMMUNITY to this special Pinnacle Speaker SOUNDBAR event. I am Arin with Pinnacle Speakers, TEAM LEADER consumer division and I have been working with Pinnacle for 9 of their nearly 40 years. I am quite knowledgeable and should be able to handle most questions about our products. Pinnacle is a USA based family owned and operated company. In fact, Pinnacle is the oldest independently owned and operated USA based Speaker company. We are famous in the industry and known for superior performance and terrific value across all price ranges. Right up to our $8,000 FLAGSHIP models. Pinnacle is owned and operated to this day by 3 brothers who founded the company.

So, I will be here to monitor this forum and assist in guiding you with any answers to questions. There is no such thing as a DUMB question. So, feel free to ask and I will give you the most accurate and honest answer I can. Many of you on the forum know I am a straight shooter as they say. So, enjoy this event.

Thank you

ARIN

TEAM LEADER

At Pinnacle Speakers we are no strangers to SOUNDBARS. In fact, Pinnacle invented the SPEAKERBAR category in 2003. Building on our decades of experience, we have the best line-up of SOUNDBARS in the industry. Here are some of our top picks:

QP9W SPEAKERBAR: All 3 front channels of a 5.1 or 7.1 home theater system are housed in this 1 sleek superior performing speaker. It will need an audio receiver.
This is your front left, front right and center channel all in one cabinet as an elite Home Theater set up.

FRONTROWSYS 8210: A top rated SOUNDBAR + Wireless subwoofer system (2.1 system). This is designed to turn you flat screen TV into a terrific sound system too. Set-up is PLUG-N-PLAY with super easy connection directly to your TV. The wireless powered subwoofer connects wirelessly to the SOUNDBAR for an outstanding music and movie experience. In fact, we have been recognized for having the best performing wireless powered subwoofer in a 2.1 configuration. The secret is in our dual driver (2 woofers) technology imaged below. The system includes a remote control. This system does not need an audio receiver. Just plug to the TV with cable we provide, plug into wall socket, relax and be amazed.

View the VIDEO for Front Row Sys 8210 here.

http://www.pinnaclespeakers.com/frsys8210vid.html

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page for the 8210 and the QP9

Check out this OK (3 out of 5 stars) review on the 8210 over at digitaltrends.com

cjsaybueno

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjsaybueno

Hello. I have a few questions. I apologize in advance for my ignorance as a/v isn't really my "thing".

I'm curious to know how this would work with a Samsung UN55F7100 tv.

1. Would it turn on and off with the tv?
2. Would my universal remote control the sound or would I need two remotes?

3. How does this compare with the Samsung HWE350C in terms of quality of speaker, etc.(I'm not looking for anyone to bash Samsung or Pinnacle but rather to inform me of the differences of speaker sizes, quality, ranges, etc. if that makes sense)?

4. The Samsung HW-FM35? I mean, are we comparing apples to apples, or are these toys compared to the Pinnacle product (vice versa)?

Thanks so much to any and all for your consideration in answering these questions.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
cjsaybueno wrote:Hello. I have a few questions. I apologize in advance for my ignorance as a/v isn't really my "thing".

1. Would it turn on and off with the tv?

I bought a Pinnacle PB6200 in December for our brand new Samsung PN51F5500. It looks like we have the same remote, so can answer these first two questions - the answer sadly would be no. Samsung's remote has some Pinnacle compatibility, but not a lot. None of these models show to work with this remote. The universal remote for the TV works every other piece of tech in the system except this bar. It's slightly annoying, but tolerable.

I've had some issues with Pinnacle's support (the soundbar has had some issues and support seems to get every email except the one with the receipt I've sent twice), but the sound is pretty good from it. This bar is a level above from mine, so you should get really good sound. The many sound settings really allow you to customize for your tastes and the program you're watching.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

pinnaclespeakers

cjsaybueno wrote:Hello. I have a few questions. I apologize in advance for my ignorance as a/v isn't really my "thing".

Hi and thanks for the questions. I had to do a little research on the item you mentioned. Now, bear in mind I work for Pinnacle Speakers. I cannot provide personnal opinions on any other product as I feel that is not right. What I can do is provide facts and allow you to do what you feel is best. So here are my answers in order of your questions:

ANSWER: YES extremely well. Simply run our cable direct to the TV from our SOUNDBAR. that hooks up the SOUNDBAR. Then place the wireless subwoofer where desired and pair that to the SOUNDBAR. It is done wirelessly. Plug into wall socket. DONE, ready to enjoy.

1. Would it turn on and off with the tv? ANSWER: YES if you combined our product to UNIVERSAL BRAND remote, no if you work with our remote and the TV's.

ANSWER:UNIVERSAL BRAND ITSELF will work with our product. So if you mean the brand known as Universal, that product does pair to our product. If you have a generic "Universal Remote" than you need 2 remotes, ours and the generic one.

3. How does this compare with the Samsung HWE350C in terms of quality of speaker, etc.(I'm not looking for anyone to bash Samsung or Pinnacle but rather to inform me of the differences of speaker sizes, quality, ranges, etc. if that makes sense)?

ANSWER: Our product is 2 separate items. A Powered SOUNDBAR and a Wireless Powered subwoofer. Each item is individually designed for maximum performance. Our Soundbar uses 9 speakers, and the Powered Subwoofer uses 2 different woofers. The Samsung product is 1 cabinet housing 4 speakers for the Soundbar portion and 1 woofer for woofer portion. Frequency range is not found on the Samsung product. Pinnacle goes from low 50 Hz range in low end to 20,000 Hz approximately on higher end. Dimensions of our SOUNDBAR is what you should compare to the other item.

4. The Samsung HW-FM35? I mean, are we comparing apples to apples, or are these toys compared to the Pinnacle product (vice versa)?

ANSWER: Please see above technical information which I hope will clarify for you. I will add that our product is designed for both music and movies.

Thanks so much to any and all for your consideration in answering these questions.

Absolutely and thank you,

ARIN

cjsaybueno

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjsaybueno

Great. Thank you both for your answers.

pinnaclespeakers

conanthelibrarian wrote:Time to check out the product page for the 8210 and the QP9

Check out this OK (3 out of 5 stars) review on the 8210 over at digitaltrends.com

Thanks for posting this review Conan. We will point out that the review is based on the standard price of $799. The reviewer states "IF you can find this item for $300 it is a real bargain" here we have this amazing WOOT ONLY offer @ $199.99. An absolute steal for such a high performance product. here is another quote from this review:

"an engaging audio experience, far above what you’ll hear from your TV’s paltry onboard sound system." - Digital Trends

Thanks,

ARIN

pinnaclespeakers

conanthelibrarian wrote:Time to check out the product page for the 8210 and the QP9

We wish to point out that the review is based on the standard price of $799. The reviewer states "IF you can find this item for $300 it would be a real bargain" This is a WOOT EXCLUSIVE offer @ $199.99!

knesky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knesky
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi,

WELCOME WOOT COMMUNITY to this special Pinnacle Speaker SOUNDBAR event. I am Arin with Pinnacle Speakers, TEAM LEADER consumer division and I have been working with Pinnacle for 9 of their nearly 40 years. I am quite knowledgeable and should be able to handle most questions about our products. Pinnacle is a USA based family owned and operated company. In fact, Pinnacle is the oldest independently owned and operated USA based Speaker company. We are famous in the industry and known for superior performance and terrific value across all price ranges. Right up to our $8,000 FLAGSHIP models. Pinnacle is owned and operated to this day by 3 brothers who founded the company.

So, I will be here to monitor this forum and assist in guiding you with any answers to questions. There is no such thing as a DUMB question. So, feel free to ask and I will give you the most accurate and honest answer I can. Many of you on the forum know I am a straight shooter as they say. So, enjoy this event.

Thank you

ARIN

TEAM LEADER

At Pinnacle Speakers we are no strangers to SOUNDBARS. In fact, Pinnacle invented the SPEAKERBAR category in 2003. Building on our decades of experience, we have the best line-up of SOUNDBARS in the industry. Here are some of our top picks:

QP9W SPEAKERBAR: All 3 front channels of a 5.1 or 7.1 home theater system are housed in this 1 sleek superior performing speaker. It will need an audio receiver.
This is your front left, front right and center channel all in one cabinet as an elite Home Theater set up.

FRONTROWSYS 8210: A top rated SOUNDBAR + Wireless subwoofer system (2.1 system). This is designed to turn you flat screen TV into a terrific sound system too. Set-up is PLUG-N-PLAY with super easy connection directly to your TV. The wireless powered subwoofer connects wirelessly to the SOUNDBAR for an outstanding music and movie experience. In fact, we have been recognized for having the best performing wireless powered subwoofer in a 2.1 configuration. The secret is in our dual driver (2 woofers) technology imaged below. The system includes a remote control. This system does not need an audio receiver. Just plug to the TV with cable we provide, plug into wall socket, relax and be amazed.

View the VIDEO for Front Row Sys 8210 here.

Hi Arin,

I posted the last time, (last month?) that Pinnacle speakers and sound bars were being sold on Woot regarding my displeasure with the March Madness non-sub included soundbar. I blogged twice and both times you replied via the Woot blog that you would contact me about upgrading to the model with a subwoofer, as in this current Woot offer. Neither time did I receive a response from you or Pinnacle! So I am wondering if you will contact me outside of this blog after my 3rd request?!

akevo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akevo

Don't suppose this is compatible with any other sound source, such as an MP3 player or PC/Laptop with bluetooth support?

smithpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smithpaul

I purchased this model 8210 around Christmas . Right out of the box I have had nothing but problems with it. It turns it self on and off the volume goes up and down on it's own I think it's possessed and needs an exorcism performed on it. Very disappointed with pinnacle

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980
smithpaul wrote:I purchased this model 8210 around Christmas . Right out of the box I have had nothing but problems with it. It turns it self on and off the volume goes up and down on it down, I think it's possessed and needs an exorcism performed on it. Very disappointed with pinnacle

Okay first question, if this is even true, did you contact support? Second, if this is happening it sounds like another remote has the frequency for this sound bar. I'm guessing the mystery on/off and volume changing happens when another remote is being used in the house.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Glad to see WOOT is posting speakers / sound systems. Have not seen anything "yet" that interests me. But it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully they will go up from entry level from here.

Crossing my fingers ,,,,,, in the market now for wall speakers now.

smithpaul

groberts1980 wrote:Okay first question, if this is even true, did you contact support? Second, if this is happening it sounds like another remote has the frequency for this sound bar. I'm guessing the mystery on/off and volume changing happens when another remote is being used in the house.

I did contact support, of coarse they told me to send it back on my dime and should be a 2 week turn around. I might be expecting to much but I was hoping since the problem was right out box, they would send me a new one and I would send mine back using the box the new one came in.
Once the tv and sound bar are on I took out the batteries out of both remotes and the problem was still happening.
Since it's gotten worse, happening more often, I have no choice to send it back.

bowlingb

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bowlingb
groberts1980 wrote:Okay first question, if this is even true, did you contact support? Second, if this is happening it sounds like another remote has the frequency for this sound bar. I'm guessing the mystery on/off and volume changing happens when another remote is being used in the house.

Here's a video that explains how TV remotes work.
http://youtu.be/VF51bXBkchQ

smithpaul

smithpaul wrote:I did contact support, of coarse they told me to send it back on my dime and should be a 2 week turn around. I might be expecting to much but I was hoping since the problem was right out box, they would send me a new one and I would send mine back using the box the new one came in.
Once the tv and sound bar are on I took out the batteries out of both remotes and the problem was still happening.
Since it's gotten worse, happening more often, I have no choice to send it back.

I forgot to address you 1st remark "if it even true" are you kidding me I have nothing better to do than to take time post remarks on this site!
I spend a lot of money on woot and when I saw this item listed again I think people should know the good and bad.

bigdogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogs

60" sharp aquos quattron tv. I'm looking for a soundbar that I can physically connect up to that/my TV. Any suggestions? Will this Pinnacle soundbar do that? Thanks.

pinnaclespeakers

knesky wrote:Hi Arin,

I posted the last time, (last month?) that Pinnacle speakers and sound bars were being sold on Woot regarding my displeasure with the March Madness non-sub included soundbar. I blogged twice and both times you replied via the Woot blog that you would contact me about upgrading to the model with a subwoofer, as in this current Woot offer. Neither time did I receive a response from you or Pinnacle! So I am wondering if you will contact me outside of this blog after my 3rd request?!

Hi, Gee I will go back and check my emails, and I wrote to you on FEB 12 via woot private posts.

I have re-sent that communication and and more information for you today. Please check your Woot private mail. You may write to me tomorrow with your decision @ info@pinnaclespeakers.com

ARIN

Please ping me at info@pinaclespeakers.com just make certain I am dealing with the correct email address for you. THANKS

pinnaclespeakers

akevo wrote:Don't suppose this is compatible with any other sound source, such as an MP3 player or PC/Laptop with bluetooth support?

Hi, yes it is compatible with smart phones MP3 players, computers, laptops. So if you store music or movies on any of those sources MODEL FRONTROWSYS8210 will work with all thos devices. It is not bluetooth you will simply run a cable to the device.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT QUESTION

pinnaclespeakers

smithpaul wrote:I did contact support, of coarse they told me to send it back on my dime and should be a 2 week turn around. I might be expecting to much but I was hoping since the problem was right out box, they would send me a new one and I would send mine back using the box the new one came in.

Hi, sorry for the problem. I hope you understand that business protocol and our warranty requires we receive any claimed defective unit and we will then replace or repair at our option. Obviously, it is not possible to 1st ship brand new gear to people who request it based on a claimed defect. What I will do is stay on top of this for you and traffic internally.

ARIN

pinnaclespeakers

bigdogs wrote:60" sharp aquos quattron tv. I'm looking for a soundbar that I can physically connect up to that/my TV. Any suggestions? Will this Pinnacle soundbar do that? Thanks.

Yes, absolutely. You have an exact example of what our product is designed for.

Thanks for the question,

ARIN

peerally

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peerally

Hi, we bought the FRONTROW SYS 8210 also around Christmas and were hoping for something really nice that was normally priced around $800-$900. We figured it must be really good for that price. Now we are stuck with it, these cheap $50 computer speakers w/ a small sub (probably like 4"), that I bought in 2001 sound 2X-3X better.

That change in volume you have been noticing, we have noticed also, and it's not when using a different remote. We checked that on the other remote we use, and our wi-fi FREQ, and there is no overlap. I believe it's from the wi-fi connection to the subwoofer cutting in and out. Ours is only about 5' away in the recommended room position from the Owner's Manual but we get it cutting in and out also. We tried just about every setting option and our soundbar is very "echo-ish". Our room is a square, so there shouldn't be any weird acoustics from a mis-shaped room.

For comparison purposes, we are using the fiber optic "Optical" connection b/w the TV & soundbar.

pinnaclespeakers

INFORMATIVE VIDEO HERE

[MOD EDIT: Embedded URL]

ilovebsod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovebsod

It doesn't sound like any Wooters that purchased this have positive comments about it. =(

smithpaul

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, sorry for the problem. I hope you understand that business protocol and our warranty requires we receive any claimed defective unit and we will then replace or repair at our option. Obviously, it is not possible to 1st ship brand new gear to people who request it based on a claimed defect. What I will do is stay on top of this for you and traffic internally.

Thank you for doing what you can to correct the problem. Would there be anyway to get a shipping label for the return.

Overall when the sound bar is working, it sounds great and well worth the money. I was really impressed with the clarity and bass.

ARIN

firedown31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedown31
ilovebsod wrote:It doesn't sound like any Wooters that purchased this have positive comments about it. =(

I bought my 8210 back in October and have had ZERO issues with it. Sub is about 8 feet away, works fine. I have no issues with random volume going up and down or power offs. And it sounds a hell of a lot better than the tiny speakers on todays lcd/led tvs. I do have a logitech harmony and it works flawlessly with controlling every option on the bar.

earlkarp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earlkarp

Arin,
I have an old stereo (Sony STR-D715) with Dolby Surround 5.0 sound (not 5.1 – no subwoofer out) connected to a pair of Bose 601 Series III floor speakers, a Bose VCS-10 center channel, and a pair of surround speakers. When playing music this system sounds great! However, when I go to watch a movie is when I experience an issue where the dialog is too quiet and gets overshadowed by the background music score to the point that I can hardly hear them talking. To compensate for this lack of volume on the dialog I would just turn up the sound on the TV. This past fall I finally made the plunge to get a 65” flat panel TV when the old CRT finally died. I soon realized how terrible these flat panel speakers are and my old method for compensating for dialog isn’t working very well and I would like your input. Additional information to fill your brain about my problem, the stereo puts out 80 watts of power to the two sides, but the center channel only puts out 25 watts. I do get voice out of the center channel, but it has always been weak. My room is about 24’ x 24’, and we sit about halfway back. I have seen the new stereos have a microphone that you place in the primary listening area and it goes through each speaker to dynamically adjust your speakers for the best listening experience, but my old stereo does not have this capability. So, is my issue the stereo itself or is this with the speakers? Or both? Would a soundbar be adequate to resolve this issue or do I need to replace the stereo or speakers?

dahr2430

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dahr2430

I purchased the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 with wireless sub. The AUX 1 input jack was loose and crackled when a component was plugged in. Woot sent a second unit out and it would randomly emit a high-pitched shrill. Neither my Sharp TV nor PS3 remote worked with the sound bar. I ended up sending both of the units back to Woot and purchased a Sony with Bluetooth and HDMI for a little more. I tried to like it but it just didn't like me.

pinnaclespeakers

earlkarp wrote:Arin,
I have an old stereo (Sony STR-D715) with Dolby Surround 5.0 sound (not 5.1 – no subwoofer out) connected to a pair of Bose 601 Series III floor speakers, a Bose VCS-10 center channel, and a pair of surround speakers. When playing music this system sounds great! However, when I go to watch a movie is when I experience an issue where the dialog is too quiet and gets overshadowed by the background music score to the point that I can hardly hear them talking. To compensate for this lack of volume on the dialog I would just turn up the sound on the TV. This past fall I finally made the plunge to get a 65” flat panel TV when the old CRT finally died. I soon realized how terrible these flat panel speakers are and my old method for compensating for dialog isn’t working very well and I would like your input. Additional information to fill your brain about my problem, the stereo puts out 80 watts of power to the two sides, but the center channel only puts out 25 watts. I do get voice out of the center channel, but it has always been weak. My room is about 24’ x 24’, and we sit about halfway back. I have seen the new stereos have a microphone that you place in the primary listening area and it goes through each speaker to dynamically adjust your speakers for the best listening experience, but my old stereo does not have this capability. So, is my issue the stereo itself or is this with the speakers? Or both? Would a soundbar be adequate to resolve this issue or do I need to replace the stereo or speakers?

Hi. This is pretty technical. What I can say is you indicated a 5.0 system and also are discussing a 2.1 option here. No real subwoofer in the system or main speakers that have significant bass is a detriment to the acoustics. If you want a serious improvement to the basic TV sound and an excellent music listening system I recommentd the FRONTROWSYSTEM 8210 as an excellent option.

If you want a complete Home theater experience as a 5.1 set up, that is a different set of criteria. You would need a front left, front right, center, rear and powered suwoofer. So, if you want a serious upgrade and I do mean serious, from the existing new TV, yes our FRONTROWSYSTEM 8210 is the choice. If you want a 5.1 set up, that is a different set of decisions.

Thanks,

ARIN

oliverhound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oliverhound

I purchased Pinnacle FRONTROW SYS 8210 for my new 55" flat panel last year. The product performance is a night and day improvement over the TV speakers. I paid an awful lot more than the price here and I think it is worth every penny. Great product, particularly for bass extension that is never part of any TV system. Hooking it up was really simple. The Pinnacle product has no problems, still going strong.

pinnaclespeakers

knesky wrote:Hi Arin,

Hello. Actually, we wrote to you via the private forum area on Feb 12. I have re-sent that communication and a new one for you today. Please check your WOOT e-mail. THanks,

ARIN

bigdogslobber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogslobber

The system 8210 has been a phenomenal upgrade to my TV. I ended up buying one for my in-laws too, mostly with selfish motives, but they're thrilled with it. Full sound with the sub is my big thing. For the in-laws, the clarity of voices is particularly nice as FIL's hearing goes.

usty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usty

I said this the last time it was posted as well, but the QP9W speakerbar is an awesome product if you have an existing 5.1 amplifier. Sounds great for movies, video games, sports and regular TV. I haven't had a single issue with it and I was so happy with the sound, I even upgraded my rear speakers to Pinnacle as well.

pinnaclespeakers

With about 20 minutes to go, I want to thank all the Woot Community for a great event. If there are any remaining questions I am here to assist.

Thanks,

Also, check out many other wonderful Pinnacle products in the HOME THEATER feature on main WOOT tab.

Thanks,

ARIN
TEAM LEADER