WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gemini DJ Equipment

The revolution will be digitized! If you're playing the DJ now, you can't just plug into a torn-open lamppost like back in the day. Today's music listeners expect style and finesse. These Gemini products add what your digital wax might be missing at a price that won't force you to get a day job. Hey, live the dream as long as you can, right? We'll throw our hands up for ya

Parodius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Parodius

Every time I see DJ equipment here, I think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8icdqw7i8

HawkSlayer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HawkSlayer

How's the audio on the headphones?

klakerbiz66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klakerbiz66
HawkSlayer wrote:How's the audio on the headphones?

i own a pair and for the price they cant be beat. no complaints. sound is pretty good.

HawkSlayer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HawkSlayer
klakerbiz66 wrote:i own a pair and for the price they cant be beat. no complaints. sound is pretty good.

Thanks. Here's another dumb question. If one would use these with a PC, for gaming specifically, would these still work well?

FauxReal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FauxReal
HawkSlayer wrote:Thanks. Here's another dumb question. If one would use these with a PC, for gaming specifically, would these still work well?

They'll work just as good as any other budget priced stereo headphones.

They'd actually make pretty bad DJ headphones since their max input power is 200mW. Pro DJ headphones usually run 1000-1500mW. My dj mixer would distort those headphones and if I really turned it up they'd blow.

Coming on strong with some hardcore power...

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

Is this just me, or does this stuff look an awful like Pyle stuff. I'm not a Pyle hater, it's not pro stuff, but I have a few pieces that work well and are well worth the price paid. I swear this is the evil twin Gemini (no pun intended) of Pyle.

klakerbiz66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klakerbiz66
gak0090 wrote:Is this just me, or does this stuff look an awful like Pyle stuff. I'm not a Pyle hater, it's not pro stuff, but I have a few pieces that work well and are well worth the price paid. I swear this is the evil twin Gemini (no pun intended) of Pyle.

Gemini has been around since 1974 I believe and Pyle DJ stuff since 2000 so its the other way around.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
gak0090 wrote:Is this just me, or does this stuff look an awful like Pyle stuff. I'm not a Pyle hater, it's not pro stuff, but I have a few pieces that work well and are well worth the price paid. I swear this is the evil twin Gemini (no pun intended) of Pyle.

I still use old, old Peavy mixers in my studio, so I can't say exactly what this is about.

But there is a class of "DJ" gear that is low-spec and often sold out of the back of vans at flea markets, etc. It's low end Asian stuff with highly suspect product support. There ain't no free lunch.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Parodius wrote:Every time I see DJ equipment here, I think of this.

I seldom ROTFL, but that one did it. Sent it to a guy at work who sets up audio for presentations, etc.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

flynnmp2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flynnmp2
Parodius wrote:Every time I see DJ equipment here, I think of this.

Thank you sir. This just made everyone in my office lol.

MNBeta03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MNBeta03

I used to spin beats back in the day. My first set of CD turntables were Geminis. They were decent entry level stuff, the old school ones actual had more capability than the newer ones. I liked them but outgrew them relatively quickly. As for the Gemini speakers, they are garbage... avoid!