WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Desktops & Their Monitors

Somewhere in a castle in the hills of Europe a mad scientist cackles as he splices body parts and furniture together. Lapdeskstein howls as it awakens, searching for a desktop computer which it can claim as it's own. BOOO! Ha ha, it's fun to be scared, right? But it's not fun to miss out on deals. Don't let Lapdeskstein steal your desktop! ACT NOW, YOU FOOL, ACT NOW

Quality Posts

crazyjoemama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyjoemama

Does the i3 desktop come with a Windows 8 DVD, or is it a "restore partition" on the HD? I am thining of adding a smaller SSD as a boot drive, and re-installing Windows, but that gets tougher if Windows 8 is not included on the DVD.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

crazyjoemama wrote:Does the i3 desktop come with a Windows 8 DVD, or is it a "restore partition" on the HD? I am thining of adding a smaller SSD as a boot drive, and re-installing Windows, but that gets tougher if Windows 8 is not included on the DVD.

Most that I've seen have a restore partition. You can go to the HP site on how to create a restore DVD.

If all else fails, you should be able to contact HP for restore media. Jut note that with WIN 8, the product key is now in the BIOS. There will not be a sticker on the machine.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whersh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whersh
crazyjoemama wrote:Does the i3 desktop come with a Windows 8 DVD, or is it a "restore partition" on the HD? I am thining of adding a smaller SSD as a boot drive, and re-installing Windows, but that gets tougher if Windows 8 is not included on the DVD.

It does not look as if any of the desktops come with a Windows 8 DVD.

mickloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickloud

These come up every few weeks or so (the i7 HPs) to little fanfare. Are these great deals? Seems like they're solid machines, but there's not much talk. Are these that straight-forward that there's not much to say?

Saw a better deal on SD in an Inspiron 8770 i7 with 16GB for $615 but that was gone fast.

jakdan3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakdan3

Is this a good all around internet machine? Or should I be terrified that the power supply is underpowered? Seems 65 watts is a little light.

rmehta1987

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmehta1987

Does anyone know if this is VESA compatible ?

Philsco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Philsco

So, these monitors...what are your opinions? Anyone own one, or a similar product, and feel that these are/n't worth it? Kind'a interested in the portable usb-powered 16", but Amazon has it for $3 more, but free shipping, which means $2 less, and brand new (not refurb). So...wassup?

romey050500

quality posts: 1 Private Messages romey050500
Philsco wrote:So, these monitors...what are your opinions? Anyone own one, or a similar product, and feel that these are/n't worth it? Kind'a interested in the portable usb-powered 16", but Amazon has it for $3 more, but free shipping, which means $2 less, and brand new (not refurb). So...wassup?

I've noticed that too. I guess I'm going to amazon and buy 2.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rmehta1987 wrote:Does anyone know if this is VESA compatible ?

Which item?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

crazyjoemama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyjoemama

Looking more closely, I can see that all the expansion bays are full on the i3 desktop. While it's seemingly a good price, the inability to add any more drives makes it a pass for me.

mthoodrue

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mthoodrue

Wish I would have noticed the Acer with Linux earlier!! Damnit, would have been a great server for my websites. Arrrrrgh!

kkbass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkbass

My dad purchased a Dell Inspiron One io2330T-5000BK All-in-One Desktop recently from woot. It came DOA. He was none too pleased. Thanks Woot.com for getting me yelled at for suggesting he buy from woot......

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kkbass wrote:My dad purchased a Dell Inspiron One io2330T-5000BK All-in-One Desktop recently from woot. It came DOA. He was none too pleased. Thanks Woot.com for getting me yelled at for suggesting he buy from woot......

I'm sorry to hear that your dad received a DOA computer.

If you haven't already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know what's going on. They'll be more than happy to help answer any questions or concerns you have about the purchase.

Please remember to include your/your father's username and order number so they may help you in a timely fashion.

jqdaily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jqdaily

Has anyone else noticed missing RAM from their HP Pavilion 500-054 Desktop, AMD A8-5500 Trinity Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1.5TB SATA, USB 3.0, 802.11n, Win 8?

I'm missing 4 GB and have contacted Woot Support.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jqdaily wrote:Has anyone else noticed missing RAM from their HP Pavilion 500-054 Desktop, AMD A8-5500 Trinity Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1.5TB SATA, USB 3.0, 802.11n, Win 8?

I'm missing 4 GB and have contacted Woot Support.

Just curious, have you looked inside the computer to see if one or two of the memory sticks came loose in shipping? Wouldn't hurt to reseat them.

Also, your computer has an HP warranty. They will be able to take care of you better than our CS can as they will have the parts to send you if needed.

FORUM MODERATOR