zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3114 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

MEElectronics In-Ear Sport Headphones
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Tuesday, Jan 21 to Friday, Jan 24) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3797 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A few solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at newegg.com and a "good" review from pcmag.com

MyPooka

quality posts: 16 Private Messages MyPooka

Good reviews (four out of five stars) over at the Amazon mothership.

HoupaKing

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HoupaKing

This is Kenny, I work for MEElectronics. I'd like to share this cool video. Made by a customer in Spain.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

willyone

quality posts: 27 Private Messages willyone

If you want some idea about Meelectronics headphone technology and quality take a look at their BT headphones sold on Amazon and read the reviews. They have a 4.3 avg. out of 753 reviews for their Air Fi Runaway headphones, and they are absolutely a runaway best seller. I bought these because of the number of reviewers and the high average ratings and they are an absolutely outstanding pair of headphones. I understand I'm talking about a whole different product but I put a lot of stock in what a person can glean about a company's expertise and quality based on other of their products. Speaking for myself (based solely on my experience), if I were interested in this type of headphone and didn't know anything other than who made them, I wouldn't be able to get my order in fast enough! I guess it's possible I'd be disappointed, but I really really doubt it.

flyrice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flyrice
HoupaKing wrote:This is Kenny, I work for MEElectronics. I'd like to share this cool video. Made by a customer in Spain.

How well does the armband work with a nonsmartphone, such as an ipod nano? I know it sounds ridiculous using an ipod nano with this but hey it comes with the armband. The armband isn't a deal killer, I consider that a bonus.

jpod09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpod09

So would this fit an S3? And also importantly would it fit S3 if I have an otterbox (commuter, so slimmer version)? It's a pain to take the case on and off but it would be nice to have an armband when I'm in the gym.

Woot is dangerous to my wallet when I remember to check it

HapHazrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HapHazrd

Does anyone know how I can order 2 of these but one of each color? Of course, other than placing two separate orders...
There is only one color selector so it seems I can order 2 or 3 of these but they all have to be the same color.

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
HapHazrd wrote:Does anyone know how I can order 2 of these but one of each color? Of course, other than placing two separate orders...
There is only one color selector so it seems I can order 2 or 3 of these but they all have to be the same color.

Place one in your cart then go back and add the second to your cart. Its one order two items

ddauber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddauber

Will the iPhone 5s fit in the case?

aristc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aristc

Will a Galaxy S3 phone fit in the armband case? Does anyone know?

myke105

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myke105
ddauber wrote:Will the iPhone 5s fit in the case?

"The S6P comes with a touchscreen-compatible sports armband that fits most phones and media devices with screen sizes up to 4.9", keeping them out of harm's way."

Quoted from the product page: http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_S6P_Earphone_Workout_Package_p/ep-sf6p-gnbk-mee.htm

Hope it helps everyone

psac42

quality posts: 6 Private Messages psac42

Not a runner and would never use the armband. How does the sound hold up compared to something like the iMetal headphones that Woot used to have all the time? Love those.

emkos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emkos
jpod09 wrote:So would this fit an S3?

I'm wondering the same thing. This looks like an awesome product, but I don't want to get it if I can't even use it with my phone.

mattison88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattison88

Awesome - headphones. It is so hard to find headphones nowadays. Sarcasm.

mojocade

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mojocade

My set of MEElectronics earbuds are awesome but the mic does not work on iPhone5. Does this mic work on iPhone5 on these?

mathochist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathochist

[ANSWERED]

Is the volume control done with buttons or a slider? I'd rather the headphones control my iPhone's volume rather than have two separate controls.

Edit: The review above shows that it's a slider. C'est la vie.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mojocade wrote:My set of MEElectronics earbuds are awesome but the mic does not work on iPhone5. Does this mic work on iPhone5 on these?

I'm not finding anything that says it doesn't. Here's their compatibility info.

Is it the multitasking (see note in chart) that's causing problems by chance?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mojocade

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not finding anything that says it doesn't. Here's their compatibility info.

Is it the multitasking (see note in chart) that's causing problems by chance?

The problem is with the microphone. No one can hear me on a phone call and voice recognition is not working at all. Any iPhone5 users out there?

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka

Picked up a pair of these over a year ago, they were by far my favorites (out of at least 6 pairs). Pros:

-very clear crisp sound
-great at staying in place, they really shine at being "sport" buds
-very little interference from the cord rubbing on clothing
-the two lengths of cord is really convenient, so are the shirt clips.

Cons (mostly user error):
I lost my favorite ear piece on one of them and none of the rest fit quite right so these are retired for right now. The ear pieces come off just a tad easier on these than some of my other pairs.

shanesny

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanesny

It's an iPhone 5 that is pictured inside the armband (albeit an iPhone 5 running the older iOS).

HoupaKing

flyrice wrote:How well does the armband work with a nonsmartphone, such as an ipod nano? I know it sounds ridiculous using an ipod nano with this but hey it comes with the armband. The armband isn't a deal killer, I consider that a bonus.

The Armband is pretty big, it will fit iPod nano but it would be kind weird

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

jpod09 wrote:So would this fit an S3? And also importantly would it fit S3 if I have an otterbox (commuter, so slimmer version)? It's a pain to take the case on and off but it would be nice to have an armband when I'm in the gym.

Yes it works with S3, even S4 not too sure about the otterbox case though.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

The armband works well with iPhone 5s

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

aristc wrote:Will a Galaxy S3 phone fit in the armband case? Does anyone know?

Yes it works with S3

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

mojocade wrote:My set of MEElectronics earbuds are awesome but the mic does not work on iPhone5. Does this mic work on iPhone5 on these?

The mic and remote works on both iPhone 5, 5s. and all other smartphones However the volume control is universal. it works by changing the volume pass though the wire not the volume in your iPhone or any smartphones.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

bobichka wrote:Picked up a pair of these over a year ago, they were by far my favorites (out of at least 6 pairs). Pros:

-very clear crisp sound
-great at staying in place, they really shine at being "sport" buds
-very little interference from the cord rubbing on clothing
-the two lengths of cord is really convenient, so are the shirt clips.

Cons (mostly user error):
I lost my favorite ear piece on one of them and none of the rest fit quite right so these are retired for right now. The ear pieces come off just a tad easier on these than some of my other pairs.

This is an update version. The one from last year didn't have build in microphone/remote/Universal volume control. The armband is also upgraded to work with touch screens.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

davideaustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davideaustin

Good deal- I've used these and other "sport" earbuds but in my opinion the only sport earphones to own are Yurbuds. Much more comfortable and never fall out.

HoupaKing

davideaustin wrote:Good deal- I've used these and other "sport" earbuds but in my opinion the only sport earphones to own are Yurbuds. Much more comfortable and never fall out.

We believe yurbud only works with certain ears. We are glad you have found what works for you.

Yurbud 3.5 Star Amazon review

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

stazja01

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stazja01

I have a simpler set from the same manufacturer that's just earbuds without any of the bells and whistles. The headphones themselves are exactly the same style (over the ear memory wire) and I imagine they have the same speakers and possibly the same rubber buds.

I use mine with my half helmet when I'm riding my motorcycle on the highway. No, it's not legal in my state. Wind noise at highway speed is deafening without something in your ears and these do a great job of staying put and delivering solid sound over background noise. I've tried with other buds and they are either constantly falling out or don't fill your ears enough to block the wind. The quick disconnect on these will be nice when I pull into gas stations and someone inevitably tries to strike up a conversation with me.

My current pair (which may have different rubber buds) work ok at the gym. They tend to fill up with sweat and don't work great again until I dry them off or put them away overnight. Instead, I wear a pair of solid band behind the head sennheisers to the gym at the moment but the volume controls and other doodads on these might be enough to get me to switch over.

Edit-I put my pair through the wash once (not the dryer thank goodness) and once they dried out they were fine. These are tough earbuds. I've had them for at least two years and the only thing that went wrong was that the original rubber buds wore down to the point that they started falling off when I took them out of my ears. Mine came with extras so I just replaced them and they were like new again.

This message not sent from an overhyped iPhone

thelocker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelocker
HoupaKing wrote:This is Kenny, I work for MEElectronics. I'd like to share this cool video. Made by a customer in Spain.

Wow! I watch the video twice to see if the...a ... ipods would fall out.

Great video!

CyberianTyger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CyberianTyger
HapHazrd wrote:Does anyone know how I can order 2 of these but one of each color? Of course, other than placing two separate orders...

I was looking for the answer to this too. Well, can techWoot answer this for us?

jetguy35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jetguy35
CyberianTyger wrote:I was looking for the answer to this too. Well, can techWoot answer this for us?

Can't you just select the color you want for quantity of 1 and add to cart. Then come back to the page and select the other color and add to cart again. Then your cart would have to in it but separate colors?

jetguy35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jetguy35

Are the buttons and volume control compatible with android devices? Specifically the Galaxy S4. Thanks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CyberianTyger wrote:I was looking for the answer to this too. Well, can techWoot answer this for us?

On the sale detail page, pick a color.
Click Add to Cart.
Pick another color.
Click Add to Cart.
Repeat until we have all your moneyz.... Or you hit the buying limit.

When you're ready, click on the cart in the top-right corner to check out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka

That's good to know; I hardly ever touch the controls when I'm actually using the armband but the mic would be nice for the stray incoming call. Hope they kept the actual earbuds the same, they really sound great and fit better than any other buds I've ever had.

HoupaKing wrote:This is an update version. The one from last year didn't have build in microphone/remote/Universal volume control. The armband is also upgraded to work with touch screens.

vballhjs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vballhjs

Anyone know if these work with the lifeproof case? some headphones dont fit in the jack the whole way with the lifeproof case one. Any lifeproof info appreciated!

mojocade

HoupaKing wrote:The mic and remote works on both iPhone 5, 5s. and all other smartphones However the volume control is universal. it works by changing the volume pass though the wire not the volume in your iPhone or any smartphones.

ok, I bought em!