WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

OtterBox Defender iP5 Cases

Your phone, resting on the tummy of an otter, would be perfectly safe. Who would dare disturb a cute sleeping otter? But apparently the law says we can't sell otters without an otter license, so we can only sell these cases instead. They're pretty good too.

nleblang1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nleblang1

Are these really not compatible with the 5S?

I know the dimensions for both phones are different but unless you order from the Otterbox website most places say the case works for both.

hairylunch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hairylunch
nleblang1 wrote:Are these really not compatible with the 5S?

I know the dimensions for both phones are different but unless you order from the Otterbox website most places say the case works for both.

I think the big reason they're listed as not compatible is that there's a button cover for the home button, meaning you won't be able to use the fingerprint scanner . . .

shadowplay1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowplay1

$10 with shipping at another site a week or 2 ago. That $5 shipping not such a good deal sometimes....

thmithy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thmithy
nleblang1 wrote:Are these really not compatible with the 5S?

I have a 5S and it fits perfectly in the case I got here just before Xmas. The only thing is you can't use the fingerprint password option. For that you would need the 'official' 5S case.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
shadowplay1 wrote:$10 with shipping at another site a week or 2 ago. That $5 shipping not such a good deal sometimes....

this is still a good deal, I bought one last time offered.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i got the defender case, boom model, for under $10 including shipping from tanga last week or the week before. so, imo, no great deal here.

starryeyedsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starryeyedsky

So I typically go through screen protectors faster than I do iPhone cases. How does the built in screen protector hold up? Is it completely clear or does it use anti-glare material?

I've never owned an otterbox case before so I just don't know what the built in screen protector is like.

colinchout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinchout
starryeyedsky wrote:So I typically go through screen protectors faster than I do iPhone cases. How does the built in screen protector hold up? Is it completely clear or does it use anti-glare material?

I've never owned an otterbox case before so I just don't know what the built in screen protector is like.

I've used this defender case for a few months now . It protected the phone quite well , I'd dropped a couple of times and no harm done to the phone . This cover is a little big and bulky , not an easily slip in and out of pocket type of case .

However , to answer your question , the screen protector IS NOT an anti glare material . After a while , you'll start to see some scratches lines ,but only when the screen is off . When the phone is in use , you wont notice those annoying scratches . It still have a thin layer of air in between , you could feel it when navigating the screen , kind of bubble under your fingers .

One more thing , this defender case covers a little too much into the screen ,for some apps ( like Google map ) you'll have a hard time to press those options that located at the bottom of the screen because it lays right at the edge of the case, I have big fingertips so it quite annoying when using it.

igbig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages igbig

what is the difference between the two pink cases? why do they have different part numbers?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

igbig wrote:what is the difference between the two pink cases? why do they have different part numbers?

I'm told they are the same but have different model numbers. :\

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders