WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Energizer Android & Apple Chargers

Garrett L. Newstrife was a technician working in the Energizer research facility when he was exposed to high levels of nano radiation. Now he has been granted the super-human power to always remember his charger when he leaves a hotel, and is known as THE CHARGER. 

marcm65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcm65

what about I-pad 2

STILLdKING

quality posts: 0 Private Messages STILLdKING

What about cord lengths?

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Having a somewhat device-agnostic (apple, android, windows) household, we are not fans of these device-specific car chargers.

All of our cars have single or dual USB cigarette lighter port chargers so that we can charge whatever we like, using whatever cord the specific device needs.

bluemaple

marcm65 wrote:what about I-pad 2

@marcm65, there appears to be a 2.1 amp 30-pin car charger that should work with your iPad in this sale. But then when you get a newer apple device with a lightning charge port you'll need another car charger. As noted separately, I prefer USB car chargers so you can use the cord you device needs with the near-universally useful USB connector.

But watch out for chargers that don't list their amperage capability like several of these since those will only work on some phones and not many tablets if at any.

bluemaple

STILLdKING wrote:What about cord lengths?

@yep, pretty thin on specs aren't they?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

STILLdKING wrote:What about cord lengths?

I'm guessing that we did not get samples as our guys know you want that data point. I'll send in a request though.

Sorry.

UPDATE: Specs have been spiffed up to include cord lengths and input/output where available.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

I have a 5s and it hasn't connected to any 3rd party cords. Does anyone for sure if the 5s will connect to the Energizer car charger?

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2

Apple really needs to get with the program, when it comes to the charging jack. You should be able to buy ONE charger for every device you have, whether it be Apple or Android.

dbcarta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbcarta
ashli143 wrote:I have a 5s and it hasn't connected to any 3rd party cords. Does anyone for sure if the 5s will connect to the Energizer car charger?

The Amazon listing says this model is Apple certified, so that should bode well. I'm in for one. (BTW for really nice, sturdy certified Lightning cables, cheaper than comparable certified cables, try Monoprice.)

siliboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siliboy

Has anyone else gotten a defective charger? Mine arrived, I plugged it in and the plugs pushed back in to the housing. They now are free in the housing and there's no way to plug it in. I sent email to Woot's customer service but still haven't heard anything back from them.

dartmouthdan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dartmouthdan

Crappy quality. AC wall charger with micro USB.

The prongs flip flat for travel, which could be nice, but the hinge point is very poorly designed. I purchased two, and BOTH have failed. The prongs now just float inside the plastic wall-wort housing, and it doesn't work anymore.

dartmouthdan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dartmouthdan

yep. happened with both of mine after plugging in the 2nd or 3rd time.

siliboy wrote:Has anyone else gotten a defective charger? Mine arrived, I plugged it in and the plugs pushed back in to the housing. They now are free in the housing and there's no way to plug it in. I sent email to Woot's customer service but still haven't heard anything back from them.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

dartmouthdan wrote:Crappy quality. AC wall charger with micro USB.

The prongs flip flat for travel, which could be nice, but the hinge point is very poorly designed. I purchased two, and BOTH have failed. The prongs now just float inside the plastic wall-wort housing, and it doesn't work anymore.

Sorry you've had trouble. Have you gone to the sale page from 'Stuff You Bought' to see who carries the warranty? If you need any assistance, please feel free to email support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation. They can take a look at your order and review the available options.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.