quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme

Item: MEElectronics Active NC Headphones
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420

I have a couple of pairs of MEElect IEMs, and they sound GREAT! Quality products and reasonably priced.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3488 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

Let's watch a video

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme

Yep in for one. These will be my studying headphones... well at least that's what I told myself at the checkout when I siphoned away med school loans into woot's bank account...
Edit: make that 2 . Because they're too good to pass up

ktiger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktiger

I've had a pair of these since they were released and have been using them daily since June. These are great, I love the ability to use them for phone calls as well. One note is that if you run the batteries out and switch on the noise shield they won't produce any audio at all. Thought I'd broken them first time I discovered that. Noise shield works pretty well, these are not as high end as a $300+ set of Bose headphones, but then again, these aren't anywhere close to the cost either.

Overall, these are terrific and I wish I had managed to get mine at this price!

lightsedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightsedge

How well does the ANC work, e.g. on planes?

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837

This will be a great or a stupid purchase on my part. I air travel every week and had a pair of bose quietcomfort 15 that I loved. The one time I travel with my wife and daughter they somehow got left on the plane. I've been going the last month without headphones as I can't bring myself to spend yet another $300 on headphones. Hopefully Woot will come to my rescue and these will do the trick... otherwise I'll just be out $350 instead of $300. I'll post my reviews after I receive and fly with the product.

kolme

top 1% of all tech woots... and top 4% of all woots sold... now that was a great buy.

ishop247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ishop247

Is anyone having issue with the large mute button? It doesn't mute the sound unless I press and hold. I thought it was suppose to press on/off.

"pew, pew, pew!" -laser gun, Star Wars

evergreenoldboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evergreenoldboy

Why is this taking so long to ship?! Still shows "shipping now." Is it the same for everyone else?

rocketwidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocketwidget
evergreenoldboy wrote:Why is this taking so long to ship?! Still shows "shipping now." Is it the same for everyone else?

Yup, mine too. Remember standard shipping speed is 3-8 business days, and today is the 3rd business day since Friday.

Woot isn't exactly renowned for shipping speed!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rocketwidget wrote:Yup, mine too. Remember standard shipping speed is 3-8 business days, and today is the 3rd business day since Friday.

Woot isn't exactly renowned for shipping speed!

Hey, you did a good job. You should apply to work here!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nucleartwig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nucleartwig

Yea, so are mine. Sometimes they are super quick (order Thursday, arrive Friday) then sometimes it takes a couple weeks. Though both are extremes, doesn't happen often.

Edit:

Speak of the devil, mine just shipped

kolme

Just curious, is anybody getting some massive headaches wearing these? Maybe its just the size and shape of my head... but I can't go more than 5 minutes with them on before I simply cannot take it any longer.

kolme

easeves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeves
kolme wrote:Just curious, is anybody getting some massive headaches wearing these? Maybe its just the size and shape of my head... but I can't go more than 5 minutes with them on before I simply cannot take it any longer.

kolme

Mine are surprisingly pretty comfortable to me, but they do clamp tighter than I expected, based on reviews.

However, I do have a problem with the noise-cancelling... for one it's not very effective, which wasn't too surprising, but it also gives a pretty loud hissing noise, which is more annoying than any of the noise it actually blocks.

What are our options for getting a return on these?

eddytam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddytam

I just got my pair and, wow, do they suck. The noise canceling is pretty minimal and creates an annoying hiss when turned on. The NC feature doesn't even completely block the fan noise from my computer. I turned on the fan in my bathroom for a louder test and it barely blocked much noise from that.

It could have redeemed itself if the audio quality was great, but these are mediocre at best. I guess you really do get what you pay for. If you are looking for something to actually block constant noise like fans, bus or airplane noise you should spend more and get something that actually blocks a decent amount of noise. Don't waste your money on this cheap substitute.