WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Home Theater Equipment

Want to watch a movie at home? You've gotta do it justice. Watching it on your tablet or laptop screen just isn't fair when all of those actors and filmmakers have spent hour after hour and dollar after dollar on crafting cinematic perfection. That's why you need to set up your home theater, so you can truly appreciate Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here and availbalbe to assist with any questions, comments about our products. As many of you know, I work for Pinnacle Speakers, a family owned and USA based high end speaker company. I am TEAM LEADER for consumer customer support division and I have 8 years here with Pinnacle and am quite familiar with our products, competing products, and speakers in general. So, ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer. If I do not know the answer, I will contact either engineering or other departments to get the answer. No question is dumb. Audio is complicated. I am here to assist.

Looking forward to this Woot forum!

mohicus


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mohicus
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers...


Hey Arin,
I purchased a 5.1 speaker deal from you a few months ago (SUB 225/BD 100/BD 200 combo...the MB11500+ I think) and am happy with them. I'm wondering if replacing my center BD 200 with the 300 would enhance my HT setup or would that be overkill.

Thanks for your continued support on this forum.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
mohicus wrote:Hey Arin,
I purchased a 5.1 speaker deal from you a few months ago (SUB 225/BD 100/BD 200 combo...the MB11500+ I think) and am happy with them. I'm wondering if replacing my center BD 200 with the 300 would enhance my HT setup or would that be overkill.

Thanks for your continued support on this forum.



Hi. Yes it would indeed, as you would be moving up in the Center from BD 200 to BD 300. The BD 300 in this promo has considerably more bass and fullness using a much larger woofers. It also has the same beautiful Piano Laquer finish so it will match.

The biggest improvement will be noticed watching movies or TV non-action scenes. About 50% of all content comes out of the Center Channel and almost 100% of voices. Since most any TV program or movie is mostly talking and conversation, the better center channel will be a noticable upgrade. It will also be an improvement when watching sports events.

Thanks for the question.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

A special shout out and hello to MRSHGOLD. I see you purchased our top of the line SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRBR. We are certain you will be really happy with this and am glad we helped straighten out any questions that arose with your other purchase. Please let us know how it works out for you.

To all WOOTERS, our SOUNDBARS come in 2 categories: Better and Best: (We do not do good")

If you want a serious audio performing SOUNDBAR at a level of performance in line with top of the line audio speakers, we suggest QP9WPWRBAR. Add Baby Boomer or PSSUB 225 for a terrific music system with real serious bass.

If you want a nice upgrade to the newer flat panel TV's then purchase the FRONTROWPBAR6200. We always recommend adding bass to the SOUNDBAR, which makes a huge difference, by getting FRONTROWSYS8210.



chefferz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz

Quite hard to find floorstanding speakers that ship to an APO! The UK has garbage brands and are very VERY expensive compared to the US market x-x

I hope these are nice as I will be upgrading the energy speakers I have to turn my 5.1 system into a 5.1 Pro Logic IIz system :>

kolme


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme
pinnaclespeakers wrote:A special shout out and hello to MRSHGOLD. I see you purchased our top of the line SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRBR. We are certain you will be really happy with this and am glad we helped straighten out any questions that arose with your other purchase. Please let us know how it works out for you.

To all WOOTERS, our SOUNDBARS come in 2 categories: Better and Best: (We do not do good")

If you want a serious audio performing SOUNDBAR at a level of performance in line with top of the line audio speakers, we suggest QP9WPWRBAR. Add Baby Boomer or PSSUB 225 for a terrific music system with real serious bass.

If you want a nice upgrade to the newer flat panel TV's then purchase the FRONTROWPBAR6200. We always recommend adding bass to the SOUNDBAR, which makes a huge difference, by getting FRONTROWSYS8210.



I really like when reps get involved during woot sales. This makes me happy and it makes me feel a bit more secure knowing that if I'm unsure about something, theres somebody with expert knowledge on the scene. Props to you Pinnacle.

mohicus


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mohicus
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi. Yes it would indeed...


Last Wooter to Woot:
mohicus

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
kolme wrote:I really like when reps get involved during woot sales. This makes me happy and it makes me feel a bit more secure knowing that if I'm unsure about something, theres somebody with expert knowledge on the scene. Props to you Pinnacle.



Thank you. We are not a mega corp so as a family business we work closer with our customers and try to provide that old fashioned service. Not easily done in this day and age. Automation systems are taking over, but for WOOT we do get involved directly.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
mohicus wrote:Last Wooter to Woot:
mohicus



Hi Mohicus, I see you purchased the upgrade Center BD 300. We appreciate your trust in our confirmation of your idea, and we are certain you will be delighted! Enjoy your upgraded system.

bpr2


quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Would I notice any major difference in sound quality between the s-fit 350 that I bought last sale and the Pinnacle Speaker BD 300 Audiophile 5.25" Center Channel Speaker here today?

If so, what?

that was fun while it lasted!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
bpr2 wrote:Would I notice any major difference in sound quality between the s-fit 350 that I bought last sale and the Pinnacle Speaker BD 300 Audiophile 5.25" Center Channel Speaker here today?

If so, what?



Yes we do think so. BD 300 is in our elite Black Diamond Series. Not to say SFITCTR350 is anything but first class, yet they are in 2 different priced series.

BD 300 will provide considerably more lower midrange or upper bass response. That improvement will be audible and noticable in movies and music. Not subwoofer level bass, mind you, but provide more fullness and body to the sound.

The tweeter is a higher end tweeter and to describe it we say it is more detailed and accurate. So voices sound like they are literally RIGHT THERE in the room with you. Particularly with "S" sounds. A key indicator of a good quality center speaker is listen to a person saying a word with S in it.......like SNAKE or Snorkel or SNow, if the product is well designed the S sound does not linger it is quick and crisp. Same with music.

Anyway, I hope the above answered your question. As I said before, Pinnacle provides better and best level products. SFITCTR350 is quite good, BD 300 is that much more refined. Plus, BD 300 does come standard in a beautiful furniture grade piano lacquer. It is really beautiful cosmetically.

hirschma


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hirschma

I bought a PS Sub 225 the last time it was on Woot, a few days ago. It replaced a Klipsch 10", and I'm very pleased for the most part. My music sounds just fantastic, and my neighbors are not pleased when I'm watching action movies. My somewhat tone-deaf wife was just amazed at the difference.

One little problem - it's a bit "rumbly" at times. For example, during the news, when there's someone out in the field, I get a lot of low-end noise. Maybe I'm just hearing a flaw in their audio that I never could before - is this normal?

SonnyPalta


quality posts: 1 Private Messages SonnyPalta

Can you ask woot to put a couple more Onkyo receivers on here for me? I bought the floors and wood soundbar...I want to pick up a receiver and sub to complete the system at my new house!

toadally


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toadally

Arin, I have a few questions for you about the Pinnacle speakers. I am looking into getting the PBAR6200 speaker to replace the horrendous speakers in my LCD TV. For just normal TV watching, would you recommend getting a subwoofer? Or would that be overkill? I don't watch a lot of action movies or things with loud bass so I'm hesitant to drop an extra $100 for the soundbar/subwoofer package. Also, do you know if I would be able to control the soundbar with my Comcast remote or will I have to add the Pinnacle remote to my already overflowing collection of remotes? Thanks for your help!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
toadally wrote:Arin, I have a few questions for you about the Pinnacle speakers. I am looking into getting the PBAR6200 speaker to replace the horrendous speakers in my LCD TV. For just normal TV watching, would you recommend getting a subwoofer? Or would that be overkill? I don't watch a lot of action movies or things with loud bass so I'm hesitant to drop an extra $100 for the soundbar/subwoofer package. Also, do you know if I would be able to control the soundbar with my Comcast remote or will I have to add the Pinnacle remote to my already overflowing collection of remotes? Thanks for your help!



Hi good morning. By definition, a SOUNDBAR is designed to give you back the sound stripped from the newer TV's in order to make them 1-2" thin. Pinnacle SOUNDBARS go much further than that in performance. So, our FRONTROWPBAR6200 will provide you far better sound for watching TV than anything in the TV itself. We do always suggest the powered SUBWOOFER cause it will provide considerably more fullness to any TV show, sport event, or movie. It also is going to provide full range sound for music listening. If the only purpose is to watch basic TV, the FRONTROWPBAR6200 is a big step up from the TV. Looking forward, we think you would appreciate the versatility and improved performance with the Subwoofer.

Bear in mind that this WOOT Special is compressing the relative differences in price. For $100 more you are buying $300 more in product and performance.

As to remotes, here is a current posting from our site of our remote compatability with various companies.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/rc-sl.html

If you have a remote from UNIVERSAL REMOTE corporation that 1 remote will accept ours and probably all your other remotes. Our remote will work specifically with our product for on/off and volume.

So, in a nutshell, the FRONTROWSYS8210 will provide considerably more performance for only $100 here, for what should be a $300 price difference.

electronuts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages electronuts

Arin,

What is your opinion about pairing the SFIT LCR 250s with the BD 300 center channel? I am worried about a disparity in performance especially when effects sweep across the front.

Also, can the BD 300 be wall mounted?

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
electronuts wrote:Arin,

What is your opinion about pairing the SFIT LCR 250s with the BD 300 center channel? I am worried about a disparity in performance especially when effects sweep across the front.

Also, can the BD 300 be wall mounted?




Hi Arin with Pinnacle.

Good question. First, let me say anything we make can be paired up with anything else we make and we anticipate that people will mix and match across our various product lines. So, the SFITLCR250 as front channel will be fine with BD 300 center. In fact, the Center channel being the step up is more relevent cause the center handles all the voices from music, movies, sports. The lesser depth of bass from the SFITLCR 250 as front speakers is not an issue as long as you have a powered subwoofer in the system. Which we assume you do or will include. If you are adding a subwoofer BABY BOOMER using 8" woofers is the best match to the SFITLCR250's. if you have a large room area of say 400 square' or more then for the larger area 2 PSSUB 225 for similar cost would get the job done nicely.

As to wall mounting BD 300, we advise placing on a small shelf as there is no mounting hardware on the speaker.

You can also consider 3 BD 300 across the front left/right and center.

Still a sub is recommended.

THANKS and I hope this helps address the questions. Fire back if you need any more help.

Arin

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers



Arin,

What is your opinion about pairing the SFIT LCR 250s with the BD 300 center channel? I am worried about a disparity in performance especially when effects sweep across the front.

Also, can the BD 300 be wall mounted?


Electronut, I have another idea for you. Not to confuse the issue, but you can also purchase 1 QP9W and that can be wall mounted with 1/4"/20 T nuts in place in the rear to accept after market brackets. The 1 Speaker is equivelent to 3 SFITLCR250 all in a cabinet. Each section is internally partitioned spo it functions as a true left front/right front and center channel all in 1 cabinet. We are referring to the QP9W $129.99 version, which hooks up to your receiver. Not the PWRBAR version which is a high end SOUNDBAR hooking to the TV.

In the case of 1 QP9W you still want that subwoofer.

From a pure acoustic standpoint, 2 sfitlcr250 + 1 BD 300 is better, but I want to present this QP9W option for you as well.

Arin

birdman5589


quality posts: 0 Private Messages birdman5589

I was actually telling somebody the other day that I was hoping to find a good speaker deal to upgrade my Onkyo SKS-HT870 speakers with my Denon AVR-X4000. I just finished running 12 gauge wire in my walls so the next thing to upgrade was the speakers.

I ended up getting the two pairs S-FIT LCR 250 for my surrounds and rear surrounds in my 7.1 setup. Are those going to be overkill since they are mainly for front left/rights? The S-FIT TWR 1050 towers should be a nice upgrade to my front towers. I hope they sound good with my vinyl. The BD 300 should be a great center speaker. Too bad there wasn't a good deal on the BD towers. I don't know if the PS Sub 225 will be a significant sub upgrade but at least it shouldn't be a step back. I would like to do a two sub system but I don't have a good place for the second one. Now I'm just wondering if I should have got an extra pair of the S-FIT LCR 250 to do a 9.1 setup.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
birdman5589 wrote:I was actually telling somebody the other day that I was hoping to find a good speaker deal to upgrade my Onkyo SKS-HT870 speakers with my Denon AVR-X4000. I just finished running 12 gauge wire in my walls so the next thing to upgrade was the speakers.

I ended up getting the two pairs S-FIT LCR 250 for my surrounds and rear surrounds in my 7.1 setup. Are those going to be overkill since they are mainly for front left/rights? The S-FIT TWR 1050 towers should be a nice upgrade to my front towers. I hope they sound good with my vinyl. The BD 300 should be a great center speaker. Too bad there wasn't a good deal on the BD towers. I don't know if the PS Sub 225 will be a significant sub upgrade but at least it shouldn't be a step back. I would like to do a two sub system but I don't have a good place for the second one. Now I'm just wondering if I should have got an extra pair of the S-FIT LCR 250 to do a 9.1 setup.



Hi, We think you made very sensible choices. SFITLCR250 are absolutely not overkill and quite an excellent choice for side channel. Technically speaking, we being audio purists do not believe ourselves in the concept of overkill when it comes to refined sound quality, but we do know what you mean. Since you are putting in the 7.1 set up there is no reason to skimp, especially at only $85 for 2 side speakers.

As to an additional pair of SFITLCR 250 that is of course up to you. We ran out of this SKU for the last 60 days and it appears to me that these will sell out again in this promo. Since we never know what we will have for WOOT, it is up to you to take the pair now or wait and see down the road.

Thanks! And PS, we are quite confident you will be seriously impressed with the SFITTWR1050.
Especially for music.



NeuronExMachina


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeuronExMachina

With the Pinnacle 350W soundbar & wireless subwoofer combo, does the wireless subwoofer automatically turn on/off with the main unit? What is the idle power draw like?

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
NeuronExMachina wrote:With the Pinnacle 350W soundbar & wireless subwoofer combo, does the wireless subwoofer automatically turn on/off with the main unit? What is the idle power draw like?



Hi, the Wireless sub is paired to the Soundbar so yes, it turns off when the Soundbar is off. Power draw? I do not understand that question.

Leto


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Leto

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Leto wrote:How would the LCR bookshelf speakers compare to these:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS22-LR-Designed-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers/dp/B008NCD2LG



Hi, here is our opinion:

below is the link to Pioner website with their published specs on this item:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home/Andrew%20SP-BS22-LRSingle%20Sheet.pdf

Speakers are not really specs, they are musical sound reproducers. However, the Specs can provide some reasonable framework of comparison, assuming equal methodologies in creating the specs. That is not all specs are created equal. Having said that, there are several notable differences between our SFITLCR250 and this Pionner product:

1) The Pioneer is not video shieleded, so if placement within 3 feet of the TV is ever necessary the Pioneer will distort the TV picture. A non-shielded product is typically not intended for Home Theater use. We see the Pioneer as a music only speaker application.

Our product is video shielded and can be placed right next to the TV without any interference. The form of interference created when placing a non-shielded speaker near a TV are usually verticle striped lines on the TV picture. Excessive exposure to a non shielded speaker can destroy the TV.

Next: Pioneer product has a larger woofer and would provide deeper bass. Our product has 3 speakers and would provide a better midrange and higher frequency.

Generally speaking, American and European brands of dedicated Speaker companies are regarded universally as the best in the business. Multi category broad based Electronic companies are not regarded to make the better class of speakers. This is a general industry accepted norm.

So, in my view this leads us to what you want the product for. If it is part of a broader Home theater system and music system with a subwoofer, than the SFITLCR250 would be the best choice. If this is a single pair of audio music only listening Speakers we think the Pioneer is designed with that purpose in mind.


Leto


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Leto
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, here is our opinion:

below is the link to Pioner website with their published specs on this item:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home/Andrew%20SP-BS22-LRSingle%20Sheet.pdf

Speakers are not really specs, they are musical sound reproducers. However, the Specs can provide some reasonable framework of comparison, assuming equal methodologies in creating the specs. That is not all specs are created equal. Having said that, there are several notable differences between our SFITLCR250 and this Pionner product:

1) The Pioneer is not video shieleded, so if placement within 3 feet of the TV is ever necessary the Pioneer will distort the TV picture. A non-shielded product is typically not intended for Home Theater use. We see the Pioneer as a music only speaker application.

Our product is video shielded and can be placed right next to the TV without any interference. The form of interference created when placing a non-shielded speaker near a TV are usually verticle striped lines on the TV picture. Excessive exposure to a non shielded speaker can destroy the TV.

Next: Pioneer product has a larger woofer and would provide deeper bass. Our product has 3 speakers and would provide a better midrange and higher frequency.

Generally speaking, American and European brands of dedicated Speaker companies are regarded universally as the best in the business. Multi category broad based Electronic companies are not regarded to make the better class of speakers. This is a general industry accepted norm.

So, in my view this leads us to what you want the product for. If it is part of a broader Home theater system and music system with a subwoofer, than the SFITLCR250 would be the best choice. If this is a single pair of audio music only listening Speakers we think the Pioneer is designed with that purpose in mind.



Thanks for the feedback. Is magnetic shielding really important with non-CRT screens? It was my understanding that the magnetic field would not affect plasma or LCD based screens -- the magnets would only mess up the electrons shooting down a cathode ray tube.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Leto wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Is magnetic shielding really important with non-CRT screens? It was my understanding that the magnetic field would not affect plasma or LCD based screens -- the magnets would only mess up the electrons shooting down a cathode ray tube.



Hi, we think it best if in any doubt to verify with the specific TV manufacturer and model #.

Thanks again,

ARIN
Team Leader, Pinnacle Speakers, Consumer Product Division

timkf1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkf1

Hey Arin, I purchased the powered soundbar from Woot! and am wondering if this will work as seamlessly as the soundbar did. Also is this compatible, and does it connect to the soundbar? Soundbar works wonderfully, but needs some extra "ooomf" for the lower end. Not looking to blow the roof off, just make the occasional movie sound better. Thanks!

NeuronExMachina


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeuronExMachina
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, the Wireless sub is paired to the Soundbar so yes, it turns off when the Soundbar is off. Power draw? I do not understand that question.



Thanks for the reply. Regarding idle/standby power draw, I'm referring to how most/all electronics draw a little power when they're even off, which I imagine must be a little higher for a subwoofer which can turn on via a wireless signal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standby_power

I was thinking of pairing the main soundbar with something similar to the EcoFicient that's part of this sale (I'm probably going to get the ZuniDigital green surge protector instead) which automatically turns off power when the TV is turned off. It's not practical to plug in the wireless subwoofer into the same surge protector, so I was wondering if you have any info on what the idle/standby power draw for the subwoofer is.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
timkf1 wrote:Hey Arin, I purchased the powered soundbar from Woot! and am wondering if this will work as seamlessly as the soundbar did. Also is this compatible, and does it connect to the soundbar? Soundbar works wonderfully, but needs some extra "ooomf" for the lower end. Not looking to blow the roof off, just make the occasional movie sound better. Thanks!



Hi. I think you meant to say you purchased a powered subwoofer?

Assuming you meant that, our SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRBR has a sub out to easily accept a powered subwoofer by just running a cable from the powered subwoofer to the QP9WPWRBR. The FRONTROW6200 SOUNDBAR does not have a sub-out feature and cannot accept a powered sub.

FRONTROWSYS8210 has a wireless sub included with the FRONTROW6200 and that wireless sub is specifically designed to pair with that SOUNDBAR.

And in all cases, Pinnacle supplies necessary cable for hook ups.

If you want our best SOUNDBAR and audiophile performance, that is QP9W PWRBR and it will accept an added powered subwoofer hooked direct to it.

I hope this addresses your questions.

Arin

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
NeuronExMachina wrote:Thanks for the reply. Regarding idle/standby power draw, I'm referring to how most/all electronics draw a little power when they're even off, which I imagine must be a little higher for a subwoofer which can turn on via a wireless signal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standby_power

I was thinking of pairing the main soundbar with something similar to the EcoFicient that's part of this sale (I'm probably going to get the ZuniDigital green surge protector instead) which automatically turns off power when the TV is turned off. It's not practical to plug in the wireless subwoofer into the same surge protector, so I was wondering if you have any info on what the idle/standby power draw for the subwoofer is.



Hi, and thanks for the clarification. Honestly I do not know. I can only give you a best guess. The Powered Subwoofer pairs wirelessly to the soundbar, so if the soundbar is off it will not receive any signal. As to power draw when it is turned off, I would think it to be none especially if you buy the item that turns the TV off as well.

This is a best guess, so I cannot be 100% certain with this answer.

Happyadam


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Happyadam

Will the QP15 ever be on a Woot event?

  • ADS Hard Drive Case
  • Logitech Bluetooth Headphones
  • InFocus 76-inch Projector Screen
  • Logitech Bluetooth Headphones iPod
  • Logitech Music System Add on
  • Sandisk Memory Stick Pro
  • Logitech Play Link
  • ThermoHawk Infrared Thermometer
  • Sudoku Handheld-Touch Screen
  • Logitech Cordless Headset Xbox
  • iRobot Roomba Discovery
  • LeakFrog
  • Random Crap
  • Ridiculously Large Remote
  • Monkey Prize Wine Bundle
  • Bissell Barbie Vacuum
  • Sony PlayStation 3
  • Xmas06 Crap
  • and much more

kimbee4


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kimbee4

philgonet


quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet

Hi,
Thinking hard about this product Acoustic Research ARO6 6-Outlet 3420J EcoFicient Surge Protector
Like the idea of elimination of some of the power vampires associated with my computer. Just a couple of questions:
1)I like to keep a UPS on my equipment for those unexpected momentaries my power company like to throw out there. I would assume that would defeat the purpose if you plugged it into the eco outlet, or could you put one IN FRONT of the unit. You would still save the power from the computer system, but still have the UPS there if needed (though still drawing power I realize...)
2) features says 3420 joules of protection, specs says 3240... guess the dyslexia is kicking in...
Thanks

timkf1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timkf1

Hey Arin,
Actually, I meant to say I already purchased the SP12SL Soundbar and am looking to add a Powered Subwoofer and am referring to the listed here. However, I realized this is a general discussion, so OOPS!! I am interested in the PS225 12" powered sub. Dothe two work together? I think I understand them to pair together wirelessly. Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Happyadam wrote:Will the QP15 ever be on a Woot event?



Not that I am aware of.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
timkf1 wrote:Hey Arin,
Actually, I meant to say I already purchased the SP12SL Soundbar and am looking to add a Powered Subwoofer and am referring to the listed here. However, I realized this is a general discussion, so OOPS!! I am interested in the PS225 12" powered sub. Dothe two work together? I think I understand them to pair together wirelessly. Thanks!



OK, got it now. If you purchased our QP9W PWRBR than the PSSUB225 will indeed hook up easily and directly to that SOUNDBAR. If you purchased FRONTROWPBAR6200 no subwoofer can be added. With that Bar you would need to step up to FRONTRPWSYS8210.

If you purchased another company's SOUNDBAR it must have a SUB-OUT to add an additional powered subwoofer.

Hope this clears it up for you, if not, ask more questions.

Thanks,

ARIN

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
kimbee4 wrote:Pretty detailed review of the 225 Subwoofer here;

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/57368-pinnacle-ps225-subwoofer-review.html



We agree this individual did a very thorough job. We will point out that the price paid from the other re-seller at the time was about 2X the woot promo cost available here.
We believe it was $249 + freight at that time.

We can only wonder his review conclusions if he paid 1/2 the price.

Since that time we have changed the FEET to the universally placement compatible thick rubber. These new feet will work on any surface,including woof floors.

We are trying to contain our own disbelief with the price this item is now available for. Is there a credible and well thought out strong performing 12" powered subwoofer at $129.99 anywhere else?and from a respected American or European dedicated speaker company? We think not!

fartfile


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile

Hi Arin, have been agonizing over whether to pull the trigger on your speakers (first going with the QP9, now maybe the BD300 and sides, etc).

Just noticed on your webpage that it looks like the BD300 is being discontinued for your new Series 2 - just wondering how much longer will Pinnacle will still support them? Thanks!

linkdude64


quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

Woot Staff!

Do you know if there is an option to switch the "eco-ficient" ports on the Acoustic Research strips off? I would like to have the option, and I know many other similar products do have it.