WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Projectors & Accessories

Sure, on any given day you could visit our site and be convinced that ALL we sell is projectors, but today we're selling projectors from a bunch of different manufacturers on the same page! Isn't that a change of pace?

pookie50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pookie50

i want that optoma led 100 but i am afraid of that 30 day warranty on the bulb. why would there be only a 30 day warranty on a bulb on a factory reconditioned unit ? the product page states the bulb should last 20,000 hours, implying the bulb in it is brand new. the limited warranty suggests otherwise. can anyone out there allay my fears?

pookie50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pookie50
pookie50 wrote:i want that optoma led 100 but i am afraid of that 30 day warranty on the bulb. why would there be only a 30 day warranty on a bulb on a factory reconditioned unit ? the product page states the bulb should last 20,000 hours, implying the bulb in it is brand new. the limited warranty suggests otherwise. can anyone out there allay my fears?

just wanted to add, please reply soon as possible, like in the next hour so i can get some sleep as it is almost 3am. sale ends in the morning!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pookie50 wrote:i want that optoma led 100 but i am afraid of that 30 day warranty on the bulb. why would there be only a 30 day warranty on a bulb on a factory reconditioned unit ? the product page states the bulb should last 20,000 hours, implying the bulb in it is brand new. the limited warranty suggests otherwise. can anyone out there allay my fears?

Sorry for the late answer. Typically, the manufacturer (or 3rd party) checks the bulbs to make sure there's a good amount of life left. I don't have a number for what constitutes a good amount of life for the various manufacturers though.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeffiekins

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jeffiekins
pookie50 wrote:just wanted to add, please reply soon as possible, like in the next hour so i can get some sleep as it is almost 3am. sale ends in the morning!

I don't know if this helps you, but here goes:

The LED "bulb" in this unit is certainly nearly new (only a small percentage of the expected very long life used).

The reason why refurb units usually have a short warranty is because warranty service is a significant cost of selling new units: each warranty repair or replacement is expensive, and it only takes a small percentage to impact the selling price or cut into the profit margin. On refurbs, they try to nearly eliminate that cost, and drop the price accordingly.

On an LED-powered projector, the most likely cause of failure is the LCD or DLP light controller, or the electronics that drive it, just like projectors with bulbs.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).