WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Projectors & Accessories

Remember how smug those kids who ran the projector used to get? Now you can run your own projector and screen in your own home, with no teacher to say "Get away from that!" Take that, AV club nerds! (Unless you were one of those AV kids - in which case, so were we! Welcome, AV club brothers and sisters!)
Pyle official site

dersquisher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dersquisher

Please read the specs: native resolution is either 640x480 or 800x600, neither of which are wide screen.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dersquisher wrote:Please read the specs: native resolution is either 640x480 or 800x600, neither of which are wide screen.

Those are the native resolutions, but they support higher. Pyle calls them widescreen.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Orpheusfenix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Orpheusfenix

As mentioned above by dersquisher, these projectors have a very low native resolution. All of them appear to be 640x480. If you are looking for home theatre, this is NOT NOT NOT what you want.

However, the light output is decent and the lamps are LED. I am surprised to find an LED projector with over 1000 lumens for this price (more understandable with 640x480). If you, like me, are interested in a cheap, mobile-ish, cheap, cheap projector then this is a great option.

I do not need high resolution for my type of projections. Most of my audience will not be close enough to get much resolution out of it anyway. It is nice that I can still connect the input of my laptop and the projector can use it.

I worry about taking my optoma HD180 (good for home theatre) around for educational presentations, so this is a great option. On top of that the LED is the only reason I am getting it. Something physically in the projector will fail before the lamp. No expensive bulbs, and for something mobile it is great not having to wait 20 minutes after use to be able to move the projector for fear of damaging the bulb.

This, like many products on Woot, has a more focused use and niche than just general use. Think what you want the projector for, this might still be what you are wanting.

I shall update my information after getting the one I ordered with information from hands on use.

tl;dr: NOT a home theatre option, good if you need a cheap and mobile option for presentations that do not require high resolution. LED bulb with decent lumen output at low cost is the reason to consider it.

screwballl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages screwballl

Sure, to play the Wii or SDTV, or portable projector for presentations, this should be fine.
For HDTV, or HD level consoles/computers, nope.
Says it supports 720p and 1080p, which from what I understand it just downscales to 480 with it cropped to fit in around 720x480. Proper HD needs at least a native resolution of 1280x720 (aka 720p), or more appropriately 1920x1080.

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228

I believe the spec for the PRJD902 is incorrect for its native resolution. Amazon lists it to be 800 x 600, versus the 901's 640 x 480.

That also explains the price difference.

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228

Question: Does any of the projectors have keystone correction?

Trainman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trainman1

On the ones I looked at, keystone is adjusted by the manual knob/dial on the back.

megmoves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megmoves
lll0228 wrote:I believe the spec for the PRJD902 is incorrect for its native resolution. Amazon lists it to be 800 x 600, versus the 901's 640 x 480.

That also explains the price difference.

From the Pyle website: http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PRJD902/Widescreen-LED-Projector-with-up-to-140-Inch-Viewing-Screen,-Built-In-Speakers,-USB-Flash-Reader-and-Supports-1080p

"Native Resolution: 800 x 600 - Support 720p, 1080p"

philgonet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet

Portable (tripod based) screens are listed as "ROLL-DOWN" ... I find that hard to believe since every screen I have ever had that was on a stand was made to PULL-UP and attach to the frame. Anyone have any experience with these? Actually I am thinking of getting one and taking it off the stand. Will these 'lock' into place or do they depend on the frame post to set the height.

Stuzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuzor
ThunderThighs wrote:Those are the native resolutions, but they support higher. Pyle calls them widescreen.

Saying they "support higher" is a very misleading way to say that they will display your much nicer looking 720p/1080p content in standard definition 480.

philgonet

Hmmm... NOT ONE THING was sold out when I put a screen in my cart, and now EVERYTHING sold out in a short while. That's odd....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

philgonet wrote:Hmmm... NOT ONE THING was sold out when I put a screen in my cart, and now EVERYTHING sold out in a short while. That's odd....

Looks like that sale ended at midnight to make room for the woot-off Plus events. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

philgonet

ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like that sale ended at midnight to make room for the woot-off Plus events. Sorry.

Yeah that is a bummer. It was listed as ending 10/15/2013 and I was waiting til today to see if there was anything else I might want to have shipped at the same time.... **SIGH**
TT,
Is this something I can expect in the future... that you will close out sales before the posted time, even if they aren't sold out...?