WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

K3 Powerporta 8600 mAh Portable Charger

Speed to First Woot:
4m 15.116s
First Sucker:
justdan30
Last Wooter to Woot:
tofutofu24
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 2% of Electronics Woots
Top 25% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 2% of Electronics Woots
Top 8% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 11% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 27% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 35% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 8% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 76% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 84% bought 1
  • 12% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
4%
3%
1%
3%
3%
4%
6%
8%
8%
6%
5%
5%
5%
3%
3%
4%
4%
4%
2%
3%
4%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

Item: K3 Powerporta 8600 mAh Portable Charger
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

shadyninja


quality posts: 2 Private Messages shadyninja

No lightning cable adaptor?

joecooool


quality posts: 24 Private Messages joecooool

I have to 30,000 mHa charger from these guys I bought off ebay for about the same price that includes the lightning cable and it works fine. I highly recommend their products.

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

ugrasse2


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2
joecooool wrote:I have to 30,000 mHa charger from these guys I bought off ebay for about the same price that includes the lightning cable and it works fine. I highly recommend their products.



30,000 mHa, that's 30 Ha's, or 10 Ha-Ha-Ha's. Is it really that entertaining?

cjkyle


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjkyle

Any idea how many times this would charge the average hungry phone? Once? Twice? Three times?


a lady.

Kevin11


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kevin11

1. The power output has nothing to do with the lightning connector or the older ipod/3G/4/5 connector. They are all USB on the other end.

2. The newest phone is about 1500 mah (milliamp-hours). So, technically you should get 5 charges and change. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out quite that optimally. I'd expect a solid 4.

For long plane rides, where you are using the phone intensively and one charge isn't enough, but 3 is plenty, it's perfect. For car camping with no outlet for a couple of days, it's perfect.

grimcreaper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimcreaper
Kevin11 wrote:1. The power output has nothing to do with the lightning connector or the older ipod/3G/4/5 connector. They are all USB on the other end.

2. The newest phone is about 1500 mah (milliamp-hours). So, technically you should get 5 charges and change. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out quite that optimally. I'd expect a solid 4.

For long plane rides, where you are using the phone intensively and one charge isn't enough, but 3 is plenty, it's perfect. For car camping with no outlet for a couple of days, it's perfect.




Im glad my Galaxy Note 3 has a 3200mha battery :D

cikatriz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

The market for these things is beyond flooded. I bought a 2,200mAh battery with a single USB port on clearance a few days ago and it suits my needs just fine. Don't get sucked in by all the whistles and bells.

nutmeg3


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
grimcreaper wrote:Im glad my Galaxy Note 3 has a 3200mha battery :D



This phone can drain its battery fast.

GreatJorge


quality posts: 39 Private Messages GreatJorge
cikatriz wrote:The market for these things is beyond flooded. I bought a 2,200mAh battery with a single USB port on clearance a few days ago and it suits my needs just fine. Don't get sucked in by all the whistles and bells.



scar is right - here's one with 10,400mAh, 4.5 stars at Woot's momma Amazon for $29.99 - today's woot price is no bargain, do your hw

nutmeg3


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3

Does this come with an AC adapter? What type will work?

SumDuud


quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

fitting that they have 2 iphones attached... (coming from an iphone owner)

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

jgcanale


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgcanale

It's just like coffee for your phone, just doesn't smell.

tomquincy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomquincy
shadyninja wrote:No lightning cable adaptor?



eh.. its a standard USB plug. Works with any existing lightning adapter

tomquincy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomquincy
SumDuud wrote:fitting that they have 2 iphones attached... (coming from an iphone owner)



fitting because iPhones drain power so fast?

kubiak


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kubiak

I bought this one from Amazon in July:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097EHRDI/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's 6600 mAh for $25.99. We used it on vacation and it workd great. It charged my phone (Galaxy S2) and my gf's phone (Galaxy Note 2) one to two times each and never ran out of power on us. I think the deal today is pretty good, the link above is better though. (I'm going to get one. I let a friend borrow mine and haven't gotten it back yet.)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shadyninja wrote:No lightning cable adaptor?

The lightning connector is still pretty proprietary. You can use your own lightning cable that came with your device.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jdupree


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree
cjkyle wrote:Any idea how many times this would charge the average hungry phone? Once? Twice? Three times?


a lady.



In generalized terms its just basic math. Google your phone model and specs to find out the mah of the battery it came with then divide it into 8,600. Its not real world as batteries dont behave exactly like their ratings, but its a good rough estimate. For example an iphone 5 has a 1,440mah battery so you should theoretically get 5.97 full charges out of it. Probably not a good idea for tablets as they have huge batteries. ipad 3 has an 11,560mah battery so you wouldn't even get a full single charge out of it. Hope that helps!

viation


quality posts: 1 Private Messages viation

will it work with my blackberry curve? (FYI its my work phone)

jdupree


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree
viation wrote:will it work with my blackberry curve? (FYI its my work phone)



As long as your phone has a usb sync cable, charges from the usb port, and 5v output on your charger it came with this should work with practically any smartphone out there. Well except maybe not the phablets. Their batteries may be bigger than 8600mah.

ugrasse2


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2
Kevin11 wrote:
2. The newest phone is about 1500 mah (milliamp-hours). So, technically you should get 5 charges and change. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out quite that optimally. I'd expect a solid 4.



Not quite. All the latest phones have 2,200mAh+ (HTC One, Droid, Galaxy S4, Nexus 4). Even a year ago, most phones were equipped with 1700-1800mAh batteries.

FWIW, I've had a handful of 6600mAh EZOs for almost two years, always have them charged. They still perform well.

Each ONE of those units can --

- Keep my old Nexus 4 (2100mAh battery) going three-four days when starting fully charged
- Keep my Vzw Jetpack going 24h solid (which, btw, extends the battery life of any tethered phone)
- Run a fully charged 7" Galaxy Tab II for 10-12h on video playback or game-play.
- Charge a 10" Galaxy Note from empty'ish to 60% (5-6h)
- Charge a Nexus 10 from empty'ish to 60% (3-4h)

The 8600 should be 20% better.

Splinters


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Splinters

It's not a bad deal, you can get a slightly better deal on Monoprice right now for $28.48 for an 8000 mAh battery (or $.00356 per mAh) vs 34.99 + Shipping for an 8600mAh battery (or $.00407 per mAh).

Tempting, but better deals are available out there. The only difference I can see is the usb cord + plugs between the two units, but I have too many cables as it is.

thek3company


quality posts: 24 Private Messages thek3company
Splinters wrote:It's not a bad deal, you can get a slightly better deal on Monoprice right now for $28.48 for an 8000 mAh battery (or $.00356 per mAh) vs 34.99 + Shipping for an 8600mAh battery (or $.00407 per mAh).

Tempting, but better deals are available out there. The only difference I can see is the usb cord + plugs between the two units, but I have too many cables as it is.



Hi there. K3 here checking in.

A couple of key notes here regarding the Due' 8600 unit. First, form factor and materials. Taking customers requests, we have created a powerful pocket size charger with a chic sleek design. Offering two colors to mix and match your products and/or portfolio.

One USB 5V/1A for your smartphone, blue-tooth, portable speakers etc. while the secondary USB 5V/2.1 A for your power hungry tablet and/or reader. We have added a secondary charge cable for Woot (2 charge cables included) as well as six connector tips for flexibility with your devices. Top it off with a K3 mesh travel bag to keep your cables and connectors covered. Makes a perfect gift just in time for the holidays!

Incredible deal today at Woot!

Enjoy~

thek3company


quality posts: 24 Private Messages thek3company
jbrunel wrote:BTW good luck waiting for them to ship anything



Hi there. A quick note regarding the K3 Due'8600 shipments. All product purchases processed complete today will ship within 24-36 hours via Federal Express Ground and/or Home Delivery. Just in time for the Fall Break trip you have been planning! ~Enjoy

LeinerD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeinerD

Anyone know what the internal battery configuration is on this? I'm thinking of getting a cheap similar device on ebay, understanding that none of them actually deliver the number of mAh at 5V that they advertise. However, if this one comes closer, I would consider spending the extra cash.