WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HP Desktops & Printers

A lot of people are confused about how to pronounce "HP." Is it "Hip"? Or "Heyyyp?" Well, we did a little research, and it turns out that the correct way to pronounce it is silence. That's right, both of the letters are silent in "HP." Now, can we interest you in a   ?

El Marko


quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

Hmmm. I'm in the mood for a new desktop as the current ones are both acting up regularly and no amount of troubleshooting makes any difference.

However, the text talks about "USB 3.0" but the specs page specifically says USB 2.0

So which is it?

El Marko


quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

And does the SD disc caching drive mean that this will boot up as fast as a SSD equipped laptop?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

El Marko: Which item, please?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

El Marko


quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko
ThunderThighs wrote:El Marko: Which item, please?



The Envy Quad-core I7. The first one, not the second one on the page.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

El Marko wrote:The Envy Quad-core I7. The first one, not the second one on the page.


The USB 3.0 ports on the Top Panel:

Top Panel:
(2) USB 3.0
(1) Headphone Jack
(1) Microphone Jack


The 16GB SATA Disk Caching solid state drive is used for fast boots or so I'm told here.

Hope that helps.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

El Marko


quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko
ThunderThighs wrote:The USB 3.0 ports on the Top Panel:

Top Panel:
(2) USB 3.0
(1) Headphone Jack
(1) Microphone Jack


The 16GB SATA Disk Caching solid state drive is used for fast boots or so I'm told here.

Hope that helps.



Yes that helps.

You might want to fix the listings name. It's spelled "Phoenix" like the mythical bird or a hot city in AZ

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

El Marko wrote:Yes that helps.

You might want to fix the listings name. It's spelled "Phoenix" like the mythical bird or a hot city in AZ

Whoops. I'll let them know. Thanks!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ibom


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ibom

....fml... every single time I miss out on the envy for 469... Anymore in the back?

ppekala


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ppekala

"In the box:
HP Pavilion H9-1350 Quad-Core i7 Desktop PC"
- I assume it should be "HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1350 H9 i7-3770" - ?

elangomatt


quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

Darn woot, I was all ready to jump on the HP Officejet 4620 until I saw in a review somewhere that it doesn't have automatic duplexing. I thought that was a standard feature these days!

bluemaple


quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

Lots of reasonable choices here... but I recommend resisting the temptation to go with the cheapest Slimline @ $299.

Doing tech consulting on the side, I see a fair number of these HP Slimlines and 2 out of 3 has a failed power supply.

And unfortunately it is a proprietary odd-sized power supply available from HP for about $80 or you have to go el-cheapo 3rd-tier nobrand aftermarket to get them reasonably priced.

AerodexdotCom


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom

RE: HP Officejet 4620 Inkjet Printer.

Many reviews on this printer complain of frequent paper jams, with HP replacing the printer as the fix.

I assume these referb printers now on WOOT are returns from folks experiencing the paper jam problem.

What is WOOTs solution if I buy one of these and have the same paper jam problem that has plagued this model?

A

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AerodexdotCom wrote:RE: HP Officejet 4620 Inkjet Printer.

Many reviews on this printer complain of frequent paper jams, with HP replacing the printer as the fix.

I assume these referb printers now on WOOT are returns from folks experiencing the paper jam problem.

What is WOOTs solution if I buy one of these and have the same paper jam problem that has plagued this model?


The warranty is stated at the bottom of the features. If the warranty is with Woot, you can click on that warranty info to read about the Woot warranty.

Also, another wooter posted a possible solution to the printer jams.

jpwebb5 wrote:I have one of these. Until I figured out the system, I had those paper jams everywhere, too (this thing has a paper fetish). When you hit 'print', you have to go into 'Properties', and look under the 'paper/quality' tab. It will smugly give you a drop down menu for every kind of paper that your machine wants you to keep on hand for it to eat...I mean, print on.
If you don't have what it wants, you have to tell it what paper you are using (some of those listed are gourmet stock). Anyway, once my machine and I agreed on what to feed it, it seems to work well.





FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AerodexdotCom


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom
ThunderThighs wrote:The warranty is stated at the bottom of the features. If the warranty is with Woot, you can click on that warranty info to read about the Woot warranty.

"Warranty: 90 Day Image Microsystems"

Is this HP 4620 eligible for an extended warranty?

A

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AerodexdotCom wrote:"Warranty: 90 Day Image Microsystems"

Is this HP 4620 eligible for an extended warranty?


It is now. They've added the SquareTrade link that was inadvertently left off.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bluemaple


quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
AerodexdotCom wrote:RE: HP Officejet 4620 Inkjet Printer.

Many reviews on this printer complain of frequent paper jams, with HP replacing the printer as the fix.

I assume these referb printers now on WOOT are returns from folks experiencing the paper jam problem.

What is WOOTs solution if I buy one of these and have the same paper jam problem that has plagued this model?


@AerodexdotCom, or you could just get a Brother laser printer instead.

HP printers can be bullet proof but we gave up on them after two many mixed results and expensive cartridges.

AerodexdotCom


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom
bluemaple wrote:@AerodexdotCom, or you could just get a Brother laser printer instead.

HP printers can be bullet proof but we gave up on them after two many mixed results and expensive cartridges.

While it is true I have many many other options in buying an all in one printer, Brother would be all the way at the very bottom of that list. For a sewing machine, brother is fine, a printer, no way...

A

bluemaple


quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
AerodexdotCom wrote:While it is true I have many many other options in buying an all in one printer, Brother would be all the way at the very bottom of that list. For a sewing machine, brother is fine, a printer, no way...


@AerodexdotCom, have you ever owned a Brother printer? Or talked to someone who owns one? Or read the reviews and customer ratings on them?

I had the same opinion as you... Until I did all three of the above.

AerodexdotCom


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AerodexdotCom
bluemaple wrote:@AerodexdotCom, have you ever owned a Brother printer? Or talked to someone who owns one? Or read the reviews and customer ratings on them?

I had the same opinion as you... Until I did all three of the above.

I had a client that had several...too many issues to go into. I am through dragging this thread off topic. I wish you well.

A