WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Optoma Projectors & More

With these projectors, you basically get to run your own movie theater; why not charge people to enter your living room? Set up a concession stand, and before you know it you’ll be rolling in the dough- hey! Is that outside food? Get that out of here! If you want Junior Mints, you have to buy them from me! Darn kids these days...
Optoma official site

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf

I really like my current Optoma projector but have wanted an LED projector with over 1000 Lumens. This fits that bill, its just too bad that there is no 1080p.

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc
lorf wrote:I really like my current Optoma projector but have wanted an LED projector with over 1000 Lumens. This fits that bill, its just too bad that there is no 1080p.

You mean other than the part where it has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080? Or where the description says 1080P?

toadc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toadc

What about amazon reviews contending this projector has overheating issues? None are overly convincing, and one suggests a tripod is a must to avoid this issue. Anyone have a take on this?

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf
xavoc wrote:You mean other than the part where it has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080? Or where the description says 1080P?

Care to point out where on the two 2000 Lumen LED projectors it says 1080p?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think it's fair to say the resolution is stated in the item's features and/or specs. When talking about a specific projector, it helps to either state which projector or link to it.

Thanks!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fartfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile
lorf wrote:Care to point out where on the two 2000 Lumen LED projectors it says 1080p?

EDIT: You wanted a LED one!

skittlesovermnm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skittlesovermnm

The only projector that is close to the HD2200 is the HD20 on Amazon. Can anyone confirm this is a similar model or generation of this projector? Because on Amazon the HD20 has pretty good reviews.Thanks.

fpim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fpim
toadc wrote:What about amazon reviews contending this projector has overheating issues? None are overly convincing, and one suggests a tripod is a must to avoid this issue. Anyone have a take on this?

That is patently false. The ZW210ST is a hybrid laser/LED projector and runs cooler than lamp based projectors. You can even operate it in portrait mode. Something you should not attempt with lamp base projectors.

jeffinspokane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffinspokane
toadc wrote:What about amazon reviews contending this projector has overheating issues? None are overly convincing, and one suggests a tripod is a must to avoid this issue. Anyone have a take on this?

If you're referring to the ML300 (300L, WXGA), yeah...there are reviews on Amazon and AVSForum suggesting that it (along w/the ML500) both have heat dissipation issues.

Here's a link to the AVSForum ML500 thread (which also covers ML300).

And here is the link to the ML300 Amazon reviews.

(Note: Make sure to sort the Amazon reviews by "Recent," as that tends to show the more recent unit failures).

And here is some additional projector info (including distance calculator) from ProjectorCentral.com.

Mind you, I'm not bashing this product...I'm actually on the fence about buying it myself, especially as I'm hoping the "refurb" status means that they've addressed the overheating, HDMI, firmware and fan noise (32db) issues. If you got a unit that did not have those problems, you'd have one heck of a deal.

BTW: Considering the number of refurb ML300 units out there (Woot, Amazon, BuyDig, TigerDirect & NewEgg), I think a Square Trade warranty is a prudent buy.

Hope this helps you out.

Jeff

sgtjunior

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sgtjunior
skittlesovermnm wrote:The only projector that is close to the HD2200 is the HD20 on Amazon. Can anyone confirm this is a similar model or generation of this projector? Because on Amazon the HD20 has pretty good reviews.Thanks.

The HD2200 was built for AVAD (custom design systems) in Canada. It's a 2009 model designed for custom installs. It "retailed" at around $1500 new.

mhdgraphics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhdgraphics

I just got mine (10/15/13) and yes it does overheat quickly. I set it up on a table and ran a video from vga cable and about 30 minutes into the show this triangle warning started flashing in the corner and it sut down. I will try a tripod next.