WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

GeekCook Accessories

What happens when you put a bunch of geeks in a kitchen? Clocks! Bags! iPhone cases! Organizers! Man, someone really needs to teach those folks what microwaves are for, and stoves, and spoons, and measuring cups, and well, just about everything in the kitchen.

jneong


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jneong

The photos for the Rosewood and Cherrywood iPhone 5 cases are swapped in the Woot store. According to GeekCook, the Cherrywood is the darker color with tighter grain shown in Woot's "Rosewood" listing. I purchased the "Cherrywood" from woot today, expecting the true dark Cherrywood in the mail and not the erroneously shown Rosewood photos.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jneong wrote:The photos for the Rosewood and Cherrywood iPhone 5 cases are swapped in the Woot store. According to GeekCook, the Cherrywood is the darker color with tighter grain shown in Woot's "Rosewood" listing. I purchased the "Cherrywood" from woot today, expecting the true dark Cherrywood in the mail and not the erroneously shown Rosewood photos.

Hmmm, that's the way the photos were noted to us by the vendor. We're double checking. Please stand by.

UPDATE: Well dagnabbit, the vendor swapped the photos they sent to us. We're working on fixing ours. The ones on Geekcook are correct.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjr257


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjr257

Anyone know if the iPhone 5 cases here will fit the 5S? (worried about the camera and speaker holes, specifically.)

rjr257

Zerxer


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zerxer
rjr257 wrote:Anyone know if the iPhone 5 cases here will fit the 5S? (worried about the camera and speaker holes, specifically.)



Should be fine, everything is in the same spot between the two phones, so iPhone 5 cases are compatible with the 5s.

riparianprince


quality posts: 2 Private Messages riparianprince

Just to confuse things: they can call it whatever they want, but the lighter wood with darker bands is cherry, I work with it a lot and most of my furniture is trimmed in cherry.
The darker reddish wood could be any of a number of tropical woods, including rosewood, but it is definitely not cherry. Woodworking geeks they aren't, apparently.

There is never a bad time to not want to need something. Except now.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

More images of the wall clock can be seen here, where it was being sold for about 17 bucks if you bought 30 at a time.

lorenzodemedici


quality posts: 37 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

These are really nice. I prefer the slider cases to the snap on kind, since the slider cases protect the corners of the phone a lot better. Glad to see they offer both types.

The lamp is extremely stylish and attractive. It's a little small though and looks like it uses a small xenon bulb, so you won't actually get that much light out of it. But it is pretty.

drocpsu


quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu
lorenzodemedici wrote:These are really nice. I prefer the slider cases to the snap on kind, since the slider cases protect the corners of the phone a lot better. Glad to see they offer both types.

The lamp is extremely stylish and attractive. It's a little small though and looks like it uses a small xenon bulb, so you won't actually get that much light out of it. But it is pretty.



I really like the look of the wooden iphone cases, but am concerned by the cutouts that I wouldn't be able to fit 3rd party headphones with a right-angle plug through that little headphone jack hole, (at least from the shots of the bamboo one, since these parts arent shown on the 'wood' cases). Also, it looks like it would make using the volume buttons difficult, as they would be fairly inset. This would be a pain for me, because I use this as a camera shuter button most of the time. Can anyone chime in on this?

What is Woot's return policy if I got one of these and it didnt work out for me??

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
drocpsu wrote:I really like the look of the wooden iphone cases, but am concerned by the cutouts that I wouldn't be able to fit 3rd party headphones with a right-angle plug through that little headphone jack hole, (at least from the shots of the bamboo one, since these parts arent shown on the 'wood' cases). Also, it looks like it would make using the volume buttons difficult, as they would be fairly inset. This would be a pain for me, because I use this as a camera shuter button most of the time. Can anyone chime in on this?

What is Woot's return policy if I got one of these and it didnt work out for me??



have a yard sale.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

aktoaster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aktoaster

Can anyone tell what size laptop will fit into the backpack? It gives the dimensions of the bag but I don't see anything describing the pocket.

ciarlar


quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar

The Omni Directional Wall Clock is actually cheaper on the geekcook website.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
ciarlar wrote:The Omni Directional Wall Clock is actually cheaper on the geekcook website.



Shhhhh.... Be careful. The only way you'll get recognized for a "quality post" nowadays is to thoughtlessly post a link to an innocuous, noncontroversial review concerning the product being offered, or just mindlessly rave about the "great deal" that woot is offering.