WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HP Desktops & Printers

Hi, yeah, we'd like to make a reservation for a table for two. No, don't worry, we won't need any dinner. We just need a place to put these desktops and printers. Please take them off our hands.
HP official site

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

Be careful! Our printers and scanners ordered came without a box, a tag slapped on the original box. That's how W000T ships now? The past 2 weeks I can't believe what we got! Children know their gifts, no coverage on them. I'm fuming, waiting to email until I cool down.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MichXelle wrote:Be careful! Our printers and scanners ordered came without a box, a tag slapped on the original box. That's how W000T ships now? The past 2 weeks I can't believe what we got! Children know their gifts, no coverage on them. I'm fuming, waiting to email until I cool down.

Sorry about that. I'm guessing that some larger items will ship in their own box. Probably saves money.

I did pass your feedback on to the sales teams.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spacezorro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacezorro

You might want to check out how muck Ink costs before buying one of the HP Printers.

I cry every time I have to buy ink. HP is one of the pricegougeiest of all the inks.

Seriously.. like 70$ for ink.

gljin40517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gljin40517
spacezorro wrote:You might want to check out how muck Ink costs before buying one of the HP Printers.

I cry every time I have to buy ink. HP is one of the pricegougeiest of all the inks.

I work in a technology store.Although all ink is overpriced,in my opinion,HP ink is nowhere near as overpriced as Epson.

rmpotsy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmpotsy

is there an hdmi port on either of the HP ENVY 23-c050?

thanks

kmorgida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmorgida
spacezorro wrote:You might want to check out how muck Ink costs before buying one of the HP Printers.

Seriously.. like 70$ for
ink.

All ink seems to be like that these days. D: My Brother multi-function just cost me $70 for two black catridges and a magenta. My main complaint with hp printers is they often act funny.

asianglow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow
kmorgida wrote:My main complaint with hp printers is they often act funny.

Mine likes to tell knock-knock jokes too!

alexmg2420

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alexmg2420
kmorgida wrote:All ink seems to be like that these days. D: My Brother multi-function just cost me $70 for two black catridges and a magenta. My main complaint with hp printers is they often act funny.

Good lord, which Brother cartridges do you use? My MFC uses LC75/LC79 cartridges and while they're up there in price, they hold a ton more ink than most. In fact, they're basically just replaceable ink tanks. Plus, since there's no heads or chips in them, I just grab Monoprice cartridges for $3.50-4.50 each for the LC79's (the extra-high yield size).

darue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darue

While I don't have the printers featured here at the moment, I know that you can get "generic" ink or refills for much, much cheaper than new ink.

The printer that I own (HP LaserJet Pro P1102w) has HP ink carts that run around $60-70. The one that came with the printer lasted about a year and a half printing my class materials and whatnot, and I recently replaced it with a $15 generic brand from Amazon which prints with seemingly the exact same quality, and is rated for the same number of pages that the HP one was.

I also know that you can get refills of inkjet cartridges at places like Costco for like $8 a cartridge, or refill them yourself with kits off of eBay.

As an example:
HP official ink: http://amzn.com/B003BFU4TI
Generic brand: http://amzn.com/B003XOXPY8

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 12 Private Messages TheTexasTwister

Does anyone know if any of the HP Computers listed can be downgraded to Windows 7?

I'm not a fan of Windows 8 and prefer the less complicated interface of Win 7.

(I'm assuming if I could that I would have to find all the drivers and software on the HP website since of the drivers and original software would not be included in a regular Win 7 install.)

gyjcwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gyjcwang

I ordered it, and got it on Monday. However, when I tried to set it up, the printer does not even recognize the blue setup cartridge.
Went to HP FAQ page for help, did all the steps possible and it still doesn't work.

Sent a message to woot, and no one has replied.
I am stuck with this printer, and I can't find any place that sells replacement setup cartridges...
I really don't think anyone should buy Woot refurbished product if there were no support on this at all.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gyjcwang wrote:I ordered it, and got it on Monday. However, when I tried to set it up, the printer does not even recognize the blue setup cartridge.
Went to HP FAQ page for help, did all the steps possible and it still doesn't work.

I am stuck with this printer, and I can't find any place that sells replacement setup cartridges...
I really don't think anyone should buy Woot refurbished product if there were no support on this at all.

Sorry for the problems. Be sure to check your email spam/junk folders for a reply. Also, if you email from an address different than what is on your account, be sure to give your woot username and order number so they can match you up.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

oien311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oien311

I was just going to buy the HP ENVY 23-c050 for $729. I log in to buy it and in the 5 seconds it took to do that the page refreshes and you guys pulled it. Are they really sold out or can I still get one? Are they going to come up again.

ThunderThighs

Staff

oien311 wrote:I was just going to buy the HP ENVY 23-c050 for $729. I log in to buy it and in the 5 seconds it took to do that the page refreshes and you guys pulled it. Are they really sold out or can I still get one? Are they going to come up again.

Sorry about that. Keep checking future Plus offers (there's a link in my signature). You can also check our Moofi sales on Deals.woot.

FORUM MODERATOR

Glacier419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Glacier419
gyjcwang wrote:I ordered it, and got it on Monday. However, when I tried to set it up, the printer does not even recognize the blue setup cartridge.

This exact thing happened to me. The cyan cartridge will not work! It says the level is fine on all the diagnostics printouts and such. I haven't contacted them about it yet. I've tried everything also.

Edit:
I downloaded the "Print and Scan Doctor" from HP. Followed all their suggestions. I cleaned the printer heads a few times and it worked!

archerman2000

quality posts: 8 Private Messages archerman2000

I received mine and it keeps throwing errors for the print carriage, unusable... sent a support email and woot responded quickly with RMA info... good customer support - thanks

nbkjudy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbkjudy

Need to return this, we are now up to 8 paper jams per page printed, even using the recommended paper! Please send the RA and shipping label. Thank you.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

nbkjudy wrote:Need to return this, we are now up to 8 paper jams per page printed, even using the recommended paper! Please send the RA and shipping label. Thank you.

You'll need to email Woot Member Services with your user name and order number to request a return label. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.