Here is a review from a previous wooter
Additional info, pictures and video over at samsung.com

chuckbiscuits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckbiscuits

Great for the price.

ta0cha0s

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ta0cha0s

3 of 5 stars on Amazon - $409
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NP355E5C-A01US-E2-1800-Accelerated-Processor/dp/B00A221208/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about the processor over at notebookcheck.com

svladb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svladb

It is as slow as it gets. It would be good for basic Internet, movies and email, but even to do that one has to constantly keep it optimized and free from different bloatware.

I've a similar, from performance point of view, 11.6" device and have hard time keeping it in usable shape. It is basically netbook with 15" screen and DVD.

Windows 8 without a touchscreen is a different box of warms. Again, it can be customized and made friendly, but takes time as well.

In summary, unless you really know what you are getting, I would recommend to stay away from that device.

ninjabb4

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ninjabb4
svladb wrote:
Windows 8 without a touchscreen is a different box of warms. Again, it can be customized and made friendly, but takes time as well.

Making Windows 8 user friendly is easy and takes just 2 minutes. I recommend "Start Menu 8" by IObit. It's #1 desktop customization software on CNET.

Just install it, choose start button type, choose to boot to desktop and that's it!

P.S, I agree that this computer is slow as turtle.. Better save and buy something on i3 processor at least ;)

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

I am an AMD fan- yet the E-series of processors is too under-powered. You can find laptop with either a decent AMD or Intel chip at this price that will give you much better performance.

gak0090

$313- way better deal
I3-3120M, RAM 6GB, HD 500GB 15.6"

Toshiba Satellite I3

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
gak0090 wrote:$313- way better deal
I3-3120M, RAM 6GB, HD 500GB 15.6"

Toshiba Satellite I3

@gak0090, agreed spec (I also like Toshiba laptops) and price-wise but that other deal is "used" without the backing of factory reconditioned + manufacturer warranty. Taking a bigger risk even with the 30-day return policy over there.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

These specs would be OK for basic Internet/Facebook/etc... use, but the way I'd evaluate it:

1) Go with this inexpensive deal and find the performance is so-so + feels slow in a couple years.

2) Spend $50 more to get away from the slower AMD E series CPU. Result would be snappier performance now + acceptable performance for basic stuff for an extra couple years vs. this woot deal.

If you are hard on laptops, consider going inexpensive with this deal since usable life-extension will be meaningless if you break the laptop within a couple years anyway.

gak0090

bluemaple wrote:@gak0090, agreed spec (I also like Toshiba laptops) and price-wise but that other deal is "used" without the backing of factory reconditioned + manufacturer warranty. Taking a bigger risk even with the 30-day return policy over there.

I would take a 30 day return policy over a 90 day warranty- any day. You have 30 days to actually return the product if you don't like it for any reason- 90 warranty you are stuck with buyers remorse if you don't like it. Secondipity is a great site, I have bought tablets and laptops from them in the past. Everything is shipped and packaged great. I have not ever had to return anything to them.

rowedf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowedf
ninjabb4 wrote:Making Windows 8 user friendly is easy and takes just 2 minutes. I recommend "Start Menu 8" by IObit. It's #1 desktop customization software on CNET.

But Win 8 was designed to be used with a touchscreen and trying to use it without one is sooo limiting. This is like having a diesel car but putting a converter on it to use gasoline .... you lose all the benefits. These cheap prices on a laptops, IMO, are because non touchscreen are on the way out.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
rowedf wrote:But Win 8 was designed to be used with a touchscreen and trying to use it without one is sooo limiting. This is like having a diesel car but putting a converter on it to use gasoline .... you lose all the benefits. These cheap prices on a laptops, IMO, are because non touchscreen are on the way out.

I hate touchscreens until they can figure out how to make one that doesn't leave fingerprints.

mickg01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickg01
cmacclel wrote:I hate touchscreens until they can figure out how to make one that doesn't leave fingerprints.

It's not the touchscreen that leaves fingerprints it's unwashed users with oily fingertips.