WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Bluetooth Headphones

Ever wonder what it takes to get a pile of Pyle? Well, it's simple: you buy a bunch of Pyle gear from us and then stack it up into a pile. See, that's not so hard. Oh, and when you're done you can listen to music. But that'd disrupt the pile, so you should really just buy more Pyle. That way, you'll have enough for both.
Listen to Pyle official site

gobears99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobears99

Does anyone know the sound quality of these? How long have they been on the market?

duodecimal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duodecimal

I couldn't find any user reviews for these. Other headsets made by Pyle have some glowing reviews, so I decided to give'em a chance. If I get them in the mail before they're gone on woot I'll post a review.

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco

I couldn't find any reviews either. The headphones are $85 at Pyle's site & $39 on Amazon. So, this is a good deal if the sound is decent.

I would like to know how they charge -- via a proprietary cable or micro-USB? (I tend to loose cables, but always have a micro-USB charger around.) I couldn't find that info on woot or on Pyle's website.

DavidDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake

Does anyone know how much these weigh? I couldn't find a weight on either website, and I would like to go running with them. Earbuds continuously fall out of my ears and cords tend to pull earbuds out or over the ear headphones down. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these?

thundertiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundertiger

Available on Amazons website for $39.28.

1 review for 3 of out 5 stars

thundertiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thundertiger
DavidDrake wrote:Does anyone know how much these weigh? I couldn't find a weight on either website, and I would like to go running with them. Earbuds continuously fall out of my ears and cords tend to pull earbuds out or over the ear headphones down. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these?

According to amazon they weigh 8.8 ounces.

Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 0.5 x 1.2 inches

jskluz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskluz

I just got these in the mail earlier this week from a 1saleaday sale, they were $30 on there with free shipping. So $5 cheaper here. They're good sound quality, but not ideal for comfort. I've had over the ear headphones in the past from logitech and they are tilted ear peices to fit the angle of your ear, these are not. So not comfortable over extended use. Also they don't muffle the sound to surround people very well for music (others can hear your music pretty easy). My biggest complaint about them though is that there is no volume control on them, so there is a LOUD beeping noise for turning off and on and calls etc. and highly recommended you don't have them on when that goes off (Very loud). Also the blue light is always on when they're on, easily remedied with some electrical tape though. In the end, the convienence of having the bluetooth is super night and has great range (10+ feet) and I'll use them alot, just has a few things I would have liked to see (volumne control, tilted ear peices). Good for the price. *** Correction: there is a volume control on the side. "Good for the price" still stands though.

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco
jskluz wrote:I just got these in the mail earlier this week from a 1saleaday sale, they were $30 on there with free shipping. So $5 cheaper here. They're good sound quality, but not ideal for comfort. I've had over the ear headphones in the past from logitech and they are tilted ear peices to fit the angle of your ear, these are not. So not comfortable over extended use. Also they don't muffle the sound to surround people very well for music (others can hear your music pretty easy). My biggest complaint about them though is that there is no volume control on them, so there is a LOUD beeping noise for turning off and on and calls etc. and highly recommended you don't have them on when that goes off (Very loud). Also the blue light is always on when they're on, easily remedied with some electrical tape though. In the end, the convienence of having the bluetooth is super night and has great range (10+ feet) and I'll use them alot, just has a few things I would have liked to see (volumne control, tilted ear peices). Good for the price. *** Correction: there is a volume control on the side. "Good for the price" still stands though.

Thanks for the info! How do they charge? Standard micro-USB?

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister
DavidDrake wrote:Does anyone know how much these weigh? I couldn't find a weight on either website, and I would like to go running with them. Earbuds continuously fall out of my ears and cords tend to pull earbuds out or over the ear headphones down. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these?

If ear buds are falling out of your ears, try replacing the tips with a different size or material. Have you looped the cords over your ears? Also if your player is in your pocket, Run the cord down under your shirt so that your arms don't catch it. As for bluetooth, if you're going for cheap, you can't beat kinivo's bth 240 found on Amazon. My personal opinion is if it is something you plan on using often, save up a little more and get the Creative WP350 from Amazon. The Meelectronics Airfi or whatever it's called is also decent, but uses a usb to headphone jack for charging. It can be hard to find a replacement. I haven't tried this pair, but I don't think they'd fare any better than the bth240.

seasideclub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seasideclub
ninaco wrote:Thanks for the info! How do they charge? Standard micro-USB?

I have the Nokia version and it uses a mini-phono jack size charger. Not USB. So I betcha this is the same.

jskluz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskluz

This does charge with a micro usb.

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

Screw it. I'm in for a pair. They cant be any worse than the current ancient pair I have now made by Soyo. Yeah, thats right. The old motherboard company that isnt even in business anymore. They've GOT to be at least that good right?

My only concern is that the stress of pulling them apart to fit over the head eventually made the plastic crack at the top on the old logitechs I had of similar construction. Once it cracked they would stop working. Hopefully the wires in the band are of a more sturdy construction on these. For $20 if I get a year out of them it's a good purchase.

zeferden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeferden

I just got mine. The band is very stiff and not adjustable.The sound is good but, it is quite a downgrade from my Sony MDR-V6s, but that's expected...these are 20 bucks. So far, I like them. Hopefully, the band will break in, not break off.

proximal13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proximal13

So far they are OK. I am disappointed that the mic doesn't work on mine. I suppose it is a good thing I bought them for my Pandora addiction and not for phone calls.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

*sigh* all mine do is flash. I can't even get my tech to see my pair. restarts, ect nadda is working. any tips? my unit also doesn't even turn off when pressing the mfb...

that was fun while it lasted!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:*sigh* all mine do is flash. I can't even get my tech to see my pair. restarts, ect nadda is working. any tips? my unit also doesn't even turn off when pressing the mfb...

With any rechargeable electronics, I always recommend a full 24hr charge before doing anything with them.

Might try that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2

ThunderThighs wrote:With any rechargeable electronics, I always recommend a full 24hr charge before doing anything with them.

Might try that.

thanks

bpr2

They work now after a good charge.. thank you TT for the tip.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:They work now after a good charge.. thank you TT for the tip.

yay!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jadenwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadenwen

Just got it yesterday, the charging cable inserts the headset sometimes not working and need to rotate and insert several times to make sure the charging light is on for a while. This issue still comes on after I made the first full charge.
I'm not sure the problem is the USB cable or the charge socket. The headset is ok and but the foam doesn't feel comfortable to the ear.

jonryan18

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonryan18

Sound is good. I paired it with my Asus Transformer tablet for movies on the go for my daughter. So far, the only issue is the charge plug is very loose. You do not feel the "snap" that most devices provide when plugging in a charger cable. On the fence?