WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

SVAT Security

Someone keeps taking the last cookie, and they need to be brought to justice. It wasn't just any cookie, it was chocolate macadamia nut. CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT. That's serious cookie theft right there. That cookie crook must be stopped.
SVAT official site



Quality Posts


bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Seems like good prices since they come with the hard drive. How do these compare to the Zmodo brand?

whizzr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whizzr

You call those "Specs" for the "Ultra Resolution Night Vision Cam" ??? What kind of imaging sensor does it have? What are the dimensions? What is the lens aperture? How many TV lines? What is the minimum lux? "Ultra resolution imagery" is NOT a "spec", neither is "easily connect to DVR" etc. So -- sorry Woot, but PASS. Try and do better next time.

lcastil1


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcastil1
whizzr wrote:You call those "Specs" for the "Ultra Resolution Night Vision Cam" ??? What kind of imaging sensor does it have? What are the dimensions? What is the lens aperture? How many TV lines? What is the minimum lux? "Ultra resolution imagery" is NOT a "spec", neither is "easily connect to DVR" etc. So -- sorry Woot, but PASS. Try and do better next time.



LOL!
That's what I thought! Specs=camera can see you!


Here's what I found on the product site.

Crisp and detailed video you can rely on
Your security system is only worthwhile if you can actually see the person stealing from you. SVAT® cameras are equipped with 600 TV lines of resolution.

SVAT® cameras are equipped with night vision that automatically activates. Twenty-four infrared ClearVu® LEDs provide crisp and detailed night imagery as you monitor from up to 75 feet away, even in complete darkness.

Thieves know dismantling a security system is a good way to get off scot free. But they'll be disappointed with SVAT®. Each camera's cable runs through the cable mount and then directly into the wall, leaving no part of the cable exposed. Your footage will be secure.

If you click on the Specs tab for this camera on the product page you get "Specs Coming Soon"

LMAO!!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

whizzr wrote:You call those "Specs" for the "Ultra Resolution Night Vision Cam" ??? What kind of imaging sensor does it have? What are the dimensions? What is the lens aperture? How many TV lines? What is the minimum lux? "Ultra resolution imagery" is NOT a "spec", neither is "easily connect to DVR" etc. So -- sorry Woot, but PASS. Try and do better next time.


Howdy. The specs weren't originally available from the manufacturer but we now have them. The sale has been updated. Thanks for your patience.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983

Greetings Wooters!

SVAT company rep here to answer your questions. Fire away!

Defender Company Rep

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

SVAT company rep here to answer your questions. Fire away!

Welcome! We appreciate you taking the time to answer questions.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jdnelson4717


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdnelson4717
canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

SVAT company rep here to answer your questions. Fire away!



I picked up the 11030 kit. Any chance you'll have any of the indoor cameras here on sale?

alsuth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alsuth
canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

SVAT company rep here to answer your questions. Fire away!



On the 11030 8 channel set it says in the specs it is only a 4 channel dvr. I am confused. Also where are these units on your website so I can look up the manuals. They don't seem to be listed anywhere on your website?

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
jdnelson4717 wrote:I picked up the 11030 kit. Any chance you'll have any of the indoor cameras here on sale?



Hello,

The cameras included can be used indoors or outdoors. The only difference between an indoor camera and outdoor is how weather-proof it is.

The ultra resolution cameras in this sale can be used indoors or outdoors.

http://tech.woot.com/offers/ultra-resolution-100-night-vision-cam.

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
alsuth wrote:On the 11030 8 channel set it says in the specs it is only a 4 channel dvr. I am confused. Also where are these units on your website so I can look up the manuals. They don't seem to be listed anywhere on your website?



Hello,

The 11030 kit includes an 8 channel DVR. Unfortunately manuals aren't available on our website (being updated) at this time but one is included in the box.

Defender Company Rep

aeroub


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeroub

I would like to know what the difference is between "Super Resolution" and ""Ultra resolution" Since both say that the cameras are 600 TVL and the DVRs record at D1(704 X 480)?

Thanks

MacGarage


quality posts: 6 Private Messages MacGarage

It states that it will with work with Macintosh and Safari. I could not find any manuals at the factory site for these systems and the ones I did only show Windows options.

Will this work with the latest Mac OS and Safari v6.x (not the iPhone/iOS version)? I know some other DVRs will work with Safari but only v5.

I have two SVAT cameras that has worked well outside for nearly five years and one wireless one that has worked fine for the last three years.

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
aeroub wrote:I would like to know what the difference is between "Super Resolution" and ""Ultra resolution" Since both say that the cameras are 600 TVL and the DVRs record at D1(704 X 480)?

Thanks



Hello,

Super and Ultra resolution are simply descriptive words to point out that the cameras are 600 TVL which is very good, especially at these prices!

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
MacGarage wrote:It states that it will with work with Macintosh and Safari. I could not find any manuals at the factory site for these systems and the ones I did only show Windows options.

Will this work with the latest Mac OS and Safari v6.x (not the iPhone/iOS version)? I know some other DVRs will work with Safari but only v5.

I have two SVAT cameras that has worked well outside for nearly five years and one wireless one that has worked fine for the last three years.



Hello,

Thank you for considering another SVAT camera system!

The DVRs in this sale will work with the latest Mac OS and Safari v6.x.

Defender Company Rep

N6VMO


quality posts: 2 Private Messages N6VMO

Analog sercurity cameras are going the way of the dinosuar. Save your money and get an HD IP camera system instead.

These SVT cameras have the camera lens mounted behind a glass shield, so are the IR LEDs. When the glass gets dirty or waterspotty, the IR light will reflect directly back into the lens and night vision will be useless. Any night vision camera worth its money wil have the camera lens isolated from the IR LEDs and an IR Cut filter.

dopalgangr


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dopalgangr
N6VMO wrote:Analog sercurity cameras are going the way of the dinosuar. Save your money and get an HD IP camera system instead.

These SVT cameras have the camera lens mounted behind a glass shield, so are the IR LEDs. When the glass gets dirty or waterspotty, the IR light will reflect directly back into the lens and night vision will be useless. Any night vision camera worth its money wil have the camera lens isolated from the IR LEDs and an IR Cut filter.


Oh! Memes Galore!, another honest opinion on this, come on Woot, you've deleted my last three post because I basically said the same thing, are you going to delete his too? I've bought a lot of stuff from you and this is how you treat a loyal customer, by deleting his posts because he didn't have something positive to say and boost your sales?

dopalgangr


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dopalgangr
N6VMO wrote:Analog sercurity cameras are going the way of the dinosuar. Save your money and get an HD IP camera system instead.

These SVT cameras have the camera lens mounted behind a glass shield, so are the IR LEDs. When the glass gets dirty or waterspotty, the IR light will reflect directly back into the lens and night vision will be useless. Any night vision camera worth its money wil have the camera lens isolated from the IR LEDs and an IR Cut filter.



Another quality post, thanks for your honesty.

piercedgeek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages piercedgeek
N6VMO wrote:Analog sercurity cameras are going the way of the dinosuar. Save your money and get an HD IP camera system instead.

These SVT cameras have the camera lens mounted behind a glass shield, so are the IR LEDs. When the glass gets dirty or waterspotty, the IR light will reflect directly back into the lens and night vision will be useless. Any night vision camera worth its money wil have the camera lens isolated from the IR LEDs and an IR Cut filter.



As long as analog systems are a fraction of the price of HD IP camera, they will continue to have a place.
The difference isn't too bad with 1 or 2, but if you're in the market for 8-16, it starts to go over the budget most are willing or able to spend.
I just ordered a 16 channel 8 cam system from the big A for 280, that gives me enough basic crummy cams to cover most areas, and leaves room to buy a few nicer ones for places that need better images, while keeping the entire project well under 1000.

Good point on the glass that covers lens and leds though, not the best design :/

bhammark


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhammark
piercedgeek wrote:As long as analog systems are a fraction of the price of HD IP camera, they will continue to have a place.
The difference isn't too bad with 1 or 2, but if you're in the market for 8-16, it starts to go over the budget most are willing or able to spend.
I just ordered a 16 channel 8 cam system from the big A for 280, that gives me enough basic crummy cams to cover most areas, and leaves room to buy a few nicer ones for places that need better images, while keeping the entire project well under 1000.

Good point on the glass that covers lens and leds though, not the best design :/



I have one of these cameras. If you look closely at the picture, there's a black plastic or rubber "ring" that surrounds the lens. This ring touches against the glass on the inside which isolates the lens from the IR LED's surrounding it. Therefore, the IR light cannot reflect back into the lens from the inside. Only IR light that reflects off objects outside the camera can reflect back into the camera. The glass on the camera can get dirty over time, but that applies to any camera.

dopalgangr


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dopalgangr
bhammark wrote:I have one of these cameras. If you look closely at the picture, there's a black plastic or rubber "ring" that surrounds the lens. This ring touches against the glass on the inside which isolates the lens from the IR LED's surrounding it. Therefore, the IR light cannot reflect back into the lens from the inside. Only IR light that reflects off objects outside the camera can reflect back into the camera. The glass on the camera can get dirty over time, but that applies to any camera.



Another bit of good info. Well Im not going to waste the time to post the required info again for someone to make an educated purchase since it will just end up getting deleted. So instead if anyone is interested and wants the skinny on this technology just head over to cctvforum.com The guys that run that site have a wealth of UNBIASED knowledge and are happy to share it with you.

MacGarage


quality posts: 6 Private Messages MacGarage
N6VMO wrote:Analog sercurity cameras are going the way of the dinosuar. Save your money and get an HD IP camera system instead.

These SVT cameras have the camera lens mounted behind a glass shield, so are the IR LEDs. When the glass gets dirty or waterspotty, the IR light will reflect directly back into the lens and night vision will be useless. Any night vision camera worth its money wil have the camera lens isolated from the IR LEDs and an IR Cut filter.



I have two older version of the SVAT cameras. I have used them outside for five years.They face the west and with wide open farm fields, they received quite a bit of bad weather. I have never had any problem with the rain or snow. The night time vision is great for a driveway with a light. The only items that does get on the lens is a spider web or two!

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
N6VMO wrote:Analog sercurity cameras are going the way of the dinosuar. Save your money and get an HD IP camera system instead.

These SVT cameras have the camera lens mounted behind a glass shield, so are the IR LEDs. When the glass gets dirty or waterspotty, the IR light will reflect directly back into the lens and night vision will be useless. Any night vision camera worth its money wil have the camera lens isolated from the IR LEDs and an IR Cut filter.



Good point! I'm happy to point out that the cameras included in this sale are equipped with IR cut filters which help produce more accurate colors and better night vision.

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983


quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
bhammark wrote:I have one of these cameras. If you look closely at the picture, there's a black plastic or rubber "ring" that surrounds the lens. This ring touches against the glass on the inside which isolates the lens from the IR LED's surrounding it. Therefore, the IR light cannot reflect back into the lens from the inside. Only IR light that reflects off objects outside the camera can reflect back into the camera. The glass on the camera can get dirty over time, but that applies to any camera.



Absolutely correct! All outdoor cameras have glass protecting the lens from the elements. Otherwise they wouldn't last very long.

Defender Company Rep

stv6669


quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

SVAT camera in action via a news story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5tcjpK_QJo

piercedgeek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages piercedgeek
bhammark wrote:I have one of these cameras. If you look closely at the picture, there's a black plastic or rubber "ring" that surrounds the lens. This ring touches against the glass on the inside which isolates the lens from the IR LED's surrounding it. Therefore, the IR light cannot reflect back into the lens from the inside. Only IR light that reflects off objects outside the camera can reflect back into the camera. The glass on the camera can get dirty over time, but that applies to any camera.



On that note, a good idea for outdoor cameras I've read up on, is having the IR come from another location, as cameras with this type of setup tend to draw in a LOT of bugs, which constantly trips the motion activated recording at night... though I've had a heck of a time finding night vision cameras that don't have the LEDs already installed, at least not for a reasonable price

scapescoper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scapescoper
canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

SVAT company rep here to answer your questions. Fire away!



Hey canucker1983,

Any chance the purchase I made 10 days ago now will be shipped anytime soon? The house they are going in has the insulation and ceiling removed right now for replacement, and I need to get these installed before they start installing insulation again. Already held them up from doing this for an extra week now thinking this would be shipped LAST week sometime. Here are the order details:

Order Date: Aug 16, 2013
Order Number: [MOD: Order # removed]
Order Status: Shipping Now

Is there a way I can get this order overnighted? Anyone I can contact? Can you contact ME?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@scapescoper: Friday was the 5th business day. Most likely, they've shipped and we're waiting on the tracking file to upload. And, you know, the weekend.

If you don't see any thing by Tuesday, email support@woot.com.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

scapescoper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scapescoper
ThunderThighs wrote:@scapescoper: Friday was the 5th business day. Most likely, they've shipped and we're waiting on the tracking file to upload. And, you know, the weekend.

If you don't see any thing by Tuesday, email support@woot.com.



Thank you. Nothing arrived today. Hope it shows tomorrow. I can't put this project off for much longer.

doogieman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages doogieman
scapescoper wrote:Thank you. Nothing arrived today. Hope it shows tomorrow. I can't put this project off for much longer.



I got mine Monday Aug 26.

scapescoper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scapescoper
doogieman wrote:I got mine Monday Aug 26.



Mine finally came. It arrived today around 2:00. Just glad it's here.

doogieman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages doogieman
canucker1983 wrote:Absolutely correct! All outdoor cameras have glass protecting the lens from the elements. Otherwise they wouldn't last very long.



One of my four cameras night vision does not work. The other three turn on automatically but the fourth will not come on at all. The color camera part works but that is all. What do I need to do?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

doogieman wrote:One of my four cameras night vision does not work. The other three turn on automatically but the fourth will not come on at all. The color camera part works but that is all. What do I need to do?



If you're having difficulty with one of the cameras, please feel free to try the Online Live Chat feature at the SVAT Website.

holyitz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages holyitz
ROGETRAY wrote:If you're having difficulty with one of the cameras, please feel free to try the Online Live Chat feature at the SVAT Website.



has anyone got the email update to work? or set up to use that feature or how settings for email and android viewing? ty

[ img=100x25 ]http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[ /img ]