Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Item: iGo Portable Battery Pack w/ Apple Cable
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/19/2013 - $14.99 - 13 comment(s)
6/9/2013 - $17.99 - 31 comment(s)

7/22/2013 - $14.99 (Woot Plus)

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob

You can do much better than this.

Overall, looks like $15 will get you your choice of 5,000 mAh ones (three times the 1,700 mAh capacity of this) these days, like this cute thing:
http://www.amazon.com/5000mAh-Portable-External-Battery-Charger/dp/B00CXMPO8Q/ref=sr_1_7?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1376543557&sr=1-7&keywords=5000+mAh

Or spend twice as much for one with 13,000 mAh, with about eight times the capacity:
http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-trade-LE014-flashlight-Thunderbolt/dp/B00D6ZVNUC/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1376543221&sr=1-5&keywords=13000+mAh

For some reference, the iPhone 5 battery is 1,440 mAh and an iPod Nano battery is about 100 mAh.

BTW, Amazon show these as listing for $39.99, not $79.99?
http://www.amazon.com/BN00315-003-Portable-Battery-Apple-cable/dp/B00C31FSCY/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I have to agree with zonkerrob. I had one of those Jlabs bluetooth speakers/chargers that has about the same capacity as one of these, and it barely kept my iPwn4 at 50% for 30 min. Then it crapped out completely. The only thing this one has going for it is size. Those jlabs things are HUGE. Can I still get my money back from that sale?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

whattheschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whattheschmidt
ckeilah wrote:I have to agree with zonkerrob. I had one of those Jlabs bluetooth speakers/chargers that has about the same capacity as one of these, and it barely kept my iPwn4 at 50% for 30 min. Then it crapped out completely. The only thing this one has going for it is size. Those jlabs things are HUGE. Can I still get my money back from that sale?

If you are referring to the jlabs crasher speaker that's not a fair comparison at all because that is first and foremost a bluetooth speaker. The battery lasts 10+ hours as that which is plenty fair. I do wish it had more battery since it can also charge but I'm happy with what I got for the price.

I would pass on this charger though as already stated.

ckeilah

zonkerrob, I think that link you pointed to as a "13Ah" charger is not what you think it is.

Also, check out the comments on this other iGo product http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Anywhere-Universal-Power-Extender/dp/B002WCCQQA/

NOT encouraging, particularly the "19 others said the same thing". :-/

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob
ckeilah wrote:zonkerrob, I think that link you pointed to as a "13Ah" charger is not what you think it is.

Fixed. Thank you!

ckeilah

whattheschmidt wrote:If you are referring to the jlabs crasher speaker that's not a fair comparison at all because that is first and foremost a bluetooth speaker. The battery lasts 10+ hours as that which is plenty fair. .

Yeah, that's the one. I don't see how it could possibly last 10 hours as a bluetooth transceiver and speaker, when it can't even last 30 minutes JUST charging. (I was not using it to play music, just needed more juice while I was out)

Maybe I got a defective one. I'll have to do a more thorough test. In the mean time, it sure would be nice if we could get a REAL "backup power system" for our portable devices. i.e. something that can bring a 10% ipad back to 100% a few times. I know that's a lot of juice, but that's what is needed these days. So far, I've been disappointed with every device I have tried--even the $75 Targus brand 4.8Ah one, which has done the best of all.

ckeilah

zonkerrob's 13Ah suggestion looks good, but note that it shares the 2A output. This one

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-trade-AS025-Thunderbolt-Incredible/dp/B00D41CYWO/

has 1Ah less juice, but claims to have a full 3A output, so you could ostensibly charge at full rate both an iPad off the 2.1A port, and another iPwn-like device off the other 1A port.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

Please start putting the capacity in the title to save time searching because I wouldn't have wasted my time if I knew, wait, maybe you want me to waste my time. =O

mrmessma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmessma

This will be great for the next time I want a half charge on my phone, ha! Ok, sorry, I guess this is for people with small phone batteries that can't go all day. Still, overpriced for the capacity.

dubesta11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubesta11

Wow, 15 dollars for 1700 mAh? Thats about 1 dollar for 113 mAh, where you can get this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/EasyAcc-12000mAh-External-Battery-Charger/dp/B008YRG5JQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376580676&sr=8-2, it is 12000 mAh for only 40 dollars, 1 dollar for 300 mAh.

robspan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages robspan

I'm not trying to sell this, and I'm not going to buy it, but...
I do have a couple of older igo chargers and they will charge some items that are finicky about which charger to use: a Kindle keyboard and a BB PlayBook. I don't know if this one will but there's a chance. The other thing is that a lot of people, like both my daughters, can't be bothered by charging a battery separately from their phone. Since this charges while it's charging the phone, they can take it with them and have at least some spare battery, even if it's a quarter charge.

kyliesmommy0630

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyliesmommy0630

I just bought this but have the iphone 5 any ideas where I can get the iphone 5 charger prong for this so I can actually use it. I saw no place on here that showed the Iphone 5 works with this? Thanks

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kyliesmommy0630 wrote:I just bought this but have the iphone 5 any ideas where I can get the iphone 5 charger prong for this so I can actually use it. I saw no place on here that showed the Iphone 5 works with this? Thanks

I'm not certain if there is an adapter for the iPhone 5, but you should try to contact iGo Customer Support to see if they can help you out. They might be able to help "connect" you to a proper connector.