WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Everything Under $20 Must Go!

Just because something's cheap doesn't mean it's useless. In fact, it might be very useful. Take a look at this rubber band I'm holding. It kept my bread fresh, then it held my spoons together, and now it's an intricate piece in my single-player rubber band themed table top adventure game. That doesn't sound useless to me.

mikezambrano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikezambrano

Motorola VGA adaptors work great for converting the HDMI output of raspberry pi computers to VGA for projectors, etc that only have VGA inputs. Adaptor cables (micro HDMI to HDMI, and micro USB to usb) are available on amazon. Sorry no link as availability and suppliers of these adaptors vary. They are also available on eBay.com

mikezambrano

The webtop app for the Motorola VGA adaptor is no longer supported by Motorola. If the phone has had a software update then the webtop probably will not be available. But this is still an excellent buy for an HDMI to VGA converter. And its powered, unlike many HDMI to VGA converter that if self powered by the HDMI port, do not work reliably. The motorola adaptor otherwise, works great. Can be used with any HDMI output with micro to standard HDMI adaptors available on amazon and eBay.

mikezambrano

Re: iGo rechargeable AA batteries.... Poor reviews on amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/IGO-AC05058-0001-RECHARGEABLE-ALKALINE-BATTERIES/product-reviews/B00708NN6S/ref=olp_pr_see_all_top?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

jewce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jewce

I got a pair of the Altec Lansing headphones for my wife during another Woot offering. They were fine, but both of the earbud cushions have fallen off in the course of a couple of months, so she doesn't use it anymore. I don't recommend them, but if you get them, make sure to store them in a pouch or away from other objects that may cause them to come off.

nullswitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nullswitch

That Sunpak light can be had for slightly cheaper on Adorama- because of that I'm going to skip.

http://www.adorama.com/SUVLLED12.html

The 12 has good but sparse reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunpak-VL-LED-12-LED-Video-Light/dp/B0070AVNXQ

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

Is there some kind of Woot policy that requires the photographer to pose cables to look like snakes coiled to strike? I never noticed it until I saw a lot of cable pictures in one place, but there is a very definite theme to them.

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3

Welcome to the new Woot Off format.
Ugh.

MeJoJo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MeJoJo

Got the little battery operated igo charger last time it was up, works great in for 3 more. Two for impressed co-workers & one more for me.
Nice little device for hurricane supplies. Goes great with those 100 AA batteries I'm hoarding just in case.

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010

I see you're still claiming that the Monster Performance Maximizer "joins two HDMI cables together".
You must know by now that this is not true.

ATTN CUSTOMERS: This product does not do what Woot claims it does.

It has a male end and a female end and therefore is not capable of "join[ing] two HDMI cables together to make one longer cable".

It's true purpose and use is to go at the end of a long cable run to boost the signal.

You plug the long cable into one end and the other end into the TV/device.

You CANNOT join two cables together with this product.

The photo they show is also a misrepresentation.
One end is a female receptacle but the other end has a short, integrated cable extending from it, terminating in a male connector.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Why doncha toss abunch of these assorted items in a B AG and post them out for say.. $3.00 ea

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Yep. Come on Woot! I bought it too, and also sent a note stating it wasn't what described correctly. It's been listed incorrectly three times since then.

FWIW, I was bitter, until I used it at the end of a long run, and despite my dislike of all things Monster Cable....it worked. So, I'm a bit less mad, but it's still a wrong description Woot!

DennisG2010 wrote:I see you're still claiming that the Monster Performance Maximizer "joins two HDMI cables together".
You must know by now that this is not true.

ATTN CUSTOMERS: This product does not do what Woot claims it does.

It has a male end and a female end and therefore is not capable of "join[ing] two HDMI cables together to make one longer cable".

It's true purpose and use is to go at the end of a long cable run to boost the signal.

You plug the long cable into one end and the other end into the TV/device.

You CANNOT join two cables together with this product.

The photo they show is also a misrepresentation.
One end is a female receptacle but the other end has a short, integrated cable extending from it, terminating in a male connector.

cricky101

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cricky101

The HDTV Deluxe Cleaning Kit is on newegg occasionally free after rebate. I got one about a month ago and have already received the rebate. For free, it works great. We've used it on our TVs and laptop screens.

But I wouldn't pay more than the price of a stamp to mail the rebate form for one.

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts

Well I purchased two of these for the kids. Hope they last a little bit. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

Global 353941 4GB MP4 Player with 2.8" Full Color Touchscreen

roafw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roafw
FishGuts wrote:Well I purchased two of these for the kids. Hope they last a little bit. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

Global 353941 4GB MP4 Player with 2.8" Full Color Touchscreen

I have something that is virtually the same (it looks the same, but over on amazon there are a handful that all literally are identical except for an icon). I have had it for years and it has been find as a jogging/walking mp3 player. Over on amazon they run 20-30 bucks for one of the similar ones.

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts

I've had these for 2 or 3 weeks. My kids seem happy with them. I cannot get the avi movies to play on it though. Anyay for 10 bucks they play music with or without headphones.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FishGuts wrote:I've had these for 2 or 3 weeks. My kids seem happy with them. I cannot get the avi movies to play on it though. Anyay for 10 bucks they play music with or without headphones.

WAIT! What item?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

darkwingdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkwingdave

Just got the Motorola converter, now have to get a monitor to try it on!