WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pinnacle Speakers

You might have the greatest turntable in history, but if you don't have speakers, nobody will ever know. Check out this Pinnacle gear and actually do more than just watch your record spin quietly.
Pinnacle Speakers official site

Quality Posts

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer Support Team Leader here to answer any and all questions about Pinnacle and these products. I have been working here for 8 of the 37 years so I am confident I can handle most any question. And if I do not know, I have engineers available to assist me. If you are new to Pinnacle or (under 37 years old LOL), we are a USA based family owned and operated company. We are known for superior performing products and great customer service, the old fashioned way. No question is a bad question, we are here to assist.

Thanks.

miltonhkchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miltonhkchan

Can the SuperSonic subwoofer be adapted to support European/British voltages? Thanks!

sublimaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sublimaze

I bought the Pinnacle Front Row Sys 8210 2.1-channel system a few weeks back, and it has astonishingly good sound for the size & price. Watching movies in my bedroom is a completely different experience now! I couldn't be happier, and I highly recommend this system for anyone wanting better sound without breaking the bank.

pinnaclespeakers

miltonhkchan wrote:Can the SuperSonic subwoofer be adapted to support European/British voltages? Thanks!

Yes, a simple Adapter for 22-230V is all you need, it is inexpensive. If you purchase the unit, send us an EMAIL at customer support address and we may be able to send you on for Free.

Thanks

pieper53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pieper53

Howdy,

I have the S-FIT 1050 towers along with the S-FIT 350 Center and are very pleased. The towers don't have a ton of bass by themselves and a sub with them is needed. I have heard pretty good things about their subs. (I know the S-FIT towers are not available now but wanted to comment on their speakers.)

I was a little less than impressed initially (I think bc I had really high expectations) but after buying a better receiver they really opened up. The service from Arin was top notch and the quality of the speakers are high end.

I recommend Pinnacle Speakers.

rsmangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsmangel

Hello,

I'm interested in either the Baby Boomer or Supersonic subwoofer. For now the sub will be used in a desktop setup in a smallish bedroom and paired with a pair of Audioengine A5+ powered speakers. In a month or two, when I move back home from travelling for work, the sub will move into my home theater setup, which consists of a Pioneer AV receiver and PSB Image 2B fronts, the matching PSB Image center, and a pair of KEF coda surrounds. The PSB's all have 6.5" mid-bass drivers and do pretty well down to around 50ish Hz.

My use is probably 60/40 music/movies and I prefer tight, accurate and articulate bass to boomy and very loud output.

Do you have a recommendation between these two? I know for twice the price it might be kind of hard to compare...

I am also considering a pair of the Baby Boomers! How would a pair of BB's compare (output and SQ wise) to a single Supersonic, given they're about the same cost?

Thanks in advance!

pinnaclespeakers

rsmangel wrote:Hello,

I'm interested in either the Baby Boomer or Supersonic subwoofer. For now the sub will be used in a desktop setup in a smallish bedroom and paired with a pair of Audioengine A5+ powered speakers. In a month or two, when I move back home from travelling for work, the sub will move into my home theater setup, which consists of a Pioneer AV receiver and PSB Image 2B fronts, the matching PSB Image center, and a pair of KEF coda surrounds. The PSB's all have 6.5" mid-bass drivers and do pretty well down to around 50ish Hz.

My use is probably 60/40 music/movies and I prefer tight, accurate and articulate bass to boomy and very loud output.

Do you have a recommendation between these two? I know for twice the price it might be kind of hard to compare...

I am also considering a pair of the Baby Boomers! How would a pair of BB's compare (output and SQ wise) to a single Supersonic, given they're about the same cost?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, this is a decision partly dependent on room size. If your room has cathedral ceilings 12'+ I think the SUPERSONIC is the right choice. 6.5" drivers mated to dual 12" is a good match. If you had 5" drivers than the Baby Boomer hands down would be the best choice. Now, 2 Baby Boomers or 1 Supersonic? 2 Baby Boomers would be my pick, but it is close. If you want LOUD bass, the SUPERSONIC will play a lot louder than Baby Boomer. But I am talking concert level volume. It's a close call, but because you have 2 locations, location # 1 is better for the smaller footprint. 2 baby Boomers is my vote.

rsmangel

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, this is a decision partly dependent on room size. If your room has cathedral ceilings 12'+ I think the SUPERSONIC is the right choice. 6.5" drivers mated to dual 12" is a good match. If you had 5" drivers than the Baby Boomer hands down would be the best choice. Now, 2 Baby Boomers or 1 Supersonic? 2 Baby Boomers would be my pick, but it is close. If you want LOUD bass, the SUPERSONIC will play a lot louder than Baby Boomer. But I am talking concert level volume. It's a close call, but because you have 2 locations, location # 1 is better for the smaller footprint. 2 baby Boomers is my vote.

I appreciate the advice. That's kind of the way I was leaning anyway, so I pulled the trigger on a Baby Boomer and I'm excited to get it! If I like it as much as I think I will then I'll consider adding a second one down the road. I just hope you Pinnacle guys keep having these sales at Woot!!

pinnaclespeakers

rsmangel wrote:I appreciate the advice. That's kind of the way I was leaning anyway, so I pulled the trigger on a Baby Boomer and I'm excited to get it! If I like it as much as I think I will then I'll consider adding a second one down the road. I just hope you Pinnacle guys keep having these sales at Woot!!

Thank you for your trust. You will be amazed, we are sure of it!

kimberlymetro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberlymetro

On Amazon the 3 element LCR pair = $69.98 >

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Pinnacle%20Speakers%20S-FIT%20LCR%20250

[MOD: Actually, that's a single speaker. We are selling a pair.]

pinnaclespeakers

kimberlymetro wrote:On Amazon the 3 element LCR pair = $69.98 >

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Pinnacle%20Speakers%20S-FIT%20LCR%20250

[MOD: Actually, that's a single speaker. We are selling a pair.]

Correct! WOOT has a special PAIR configuration at pricing well below 2 individual units. This is a WOOT exclusive.

ahg54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahg54

What is the difference between Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System and Pinnacle PBAR 2.1 SYS 72-320 2.1-Channel System with Powered Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer? I already have 4 B&W wall speakers, a 9.2 channel Pioneer receiver and a Samsung 65"HDTV. Do I hook these units up to the television or the receiver for optimal sound. The room that the system is in has very high ceilings and I am open to any suggestions that you may have.

Thank you.

pinnaclespeakers

ahg54 wrote:What is the difference between Pinnacle Speakers FRONT ROW SYS 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System and Pinnacle PBAR 2.1 SYS 72-320 2.1-Channel System with Powered Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer? I already have 4 B&W wall speakers, a 9.2 channel Pioneer receiver and a Samsung 65"HDTV. Do I hook these units up to the television or the receiver for optimal sound. The room that the system is in has very high ceilings and I am open to any suggestions that you may have.

Thank you.

I believe their is a slightly larger power supply on item @ Amazon. Performance is not audibly different. his item is to enhance and replace the Horrible Acoustics of todays super thin flat panel TV's. It hooks directly to the TV and is a snap to hook up. Mind you, this is not a full home theater system. It is an excellent music system or significant upgrade to the TV sound, which as I said, is pretty close to non-existant on the new super thin panels.

jmirvish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmirvish

Hi, being less than savvy I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I'd be able to use these. What kind of input does the system use?

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Correct! WOOT has a special PAIR configuration at pricing well below 2 individual units. This is a WOOT exclusive.

Arin, the first poster thinks the amazon price of $70 is for a pair of the LCRs. The link provided to Amazon for $70 is for one speaker. This sale is $85 for TWO lcrs. which, btw, are fine little deals. I own 6 in the house. They match great (timbre matched in sound, and the wood grain finish too) as rears and sides with the TWR1050s seen on woot often (but not today). Through in the LCR center and its a fine, fine, fine system that will last 20 years or more. I matched the babyboomer with mine and thinking about it make me want to cry and go and hold them for a little while.

pinnaclespeakers

jmirvish wrote:Hi, being less than savvy I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I'd be able to use these. What kind of input does the system use?

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here to help. We have 2 systems in this promo, I will break each one down for you. Model MB9500+ is a complete Home Theater System with front, center, rear channels and Powered Subwoofer. And we even include high caliper Monster Cable wire. This system requires an Audio Receiver, 5.1 format , or 7.1. It is designed to provide an outstanding home theater and music system in tiny footprint sized cabinets. Hook-up is with speaker wires direct to the audio receiver, probably what you have done for years. The other System is Model FRONTROWSYS8210 and this product is specifically designed for a music and TV sound system. Hook-up is a snap. 1 cable direct to the TV hooks up the Soundbar. Wireless powered subwoofer just needs a wall socket. So, if you want a sensational music and TV sound system, but not a complete home theater, this is the choice. Additionally, it is designed to mate with current and recent super thin flat screen TV's all of which have virtually no acoustic value. Their focus is on superb picture quality in super thin cabinets. In order to do that, they have essentially stripped out all audio capability. I hope this clarifies the options for you.

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:Arin, the first poster thinks the amazon price of $70 is for a pair of the LCRs. The link provided to Amazon for $70 is for one speaker. This sale is $85 for TWO lcrs. which, btw, are fine little deals. I own 6 in the house. They match great (timbre matched in sound, and the wood grain finish too) as rears and sides with the TWR1050s seen on woot often (but not today). Through in the LCR center and its a fine, fine, fine system that will last 20 years or more. I matched the babyboomer with mine and thinking about it make me want to cry and go and hold them for a little while.

YES! Again, THIS WOOT PROMO HAS 1 PAIR (2)Model SFITLCR250 for 40% Less than the lowest price you can find.............AND WOOT $5.00 ship program saves even more money. Sorry to be screaming, but honestly, this is a no brainer!

Mxxx4N

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mxxx4N

Are these speakers made in USA?

pinnaclespeakers

Mxxx4N wrote:Are these speakers made in USA?

Most of them are assembled in our factory in NY.

rt2395

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rt2395

hello,

on the "Pinnacle Speakers SuperSonic PLB Dual 12" 800W Powered Subwoofer" how are the dual 12" speakers configured? I can see from the pic it appears that one is front firing and there is a plate amp maybe on the back, so what about the second? Down firing, side firing?

pinnaclespeakers

rt2395 wrote:hello,

on the "Pinnacle Speakers SuperSonic PLB Dual 12" 800W Powered Subwoofer" how are the dual 12" speakers configured? I can see from the pic it appears that one is front firing and there is a plate amp maybe on the back, so what about the second? Down firing, side firing?

Hi, This link to our site shows the internal view.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/supersonic.html

It is an Isobarik design or commonly called "PUSH/PULL". This provides spectacular depth and volume of bass in a small footprint cabinet.

patricknuss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patricknuss

I bought two of the S-FIT LCR 250's last year and I love 'em. My listening space isn't that big, so these are the only two speakers connected to the receiver right now, plus a Yahama subwoofer.

I'd like to add a center channel, and I'm wondering if I should go for the BD 300 or the S-FIT 350. The BD 300 seems like a nicer individual speaker, but I'm wondering if the S-FIT 350 would be a better fit with the S-FIT 250's I already have.

Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

patricknuss wrote:I bought two of the S-FIT LCR 250's last year and I love 'em. My listening space isn't that big, so these are the only two speakers connected to the receiver right now, plus a Yahama subwoofer.

I'd like to add a center channel, and I'm wondering if I should go for the BD 300 or the S-FIT 350. The BD 300 seems like a nicer individual speaker, but I'm wondering if the S-FIT 350 would be a better fit with the S-FIT 250's I already have.

Thanks!

Hi SFIT CTR 350 is part of the same series as the LCR 250 you have. So the better match is SFITCTR 350.

me54350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages me54350
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer Support Team Leader here to answer any and all questions about Pinnacle and these products. I have been working here for 8 of the 37 years so I am confident I can handle most any question. And if I do not know, I have engineers available to assist me. If you are new to Pinnacle or (under 37 years old LOL), we are a USA based family owned and operated company. We are known for superior performing products and great customer service, the old fashioned way. No question is a bad question, we are here to assist.

Thanks.

Do these woot, pinnacle products come with the pinnacle factory warranty...or at least what's listed on the add (2 years Amp, 7 Year subwoofer pinnacle)?

Can you describe what those actually cover?

Thanks!

thejsm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejsm

What is the Pinnacle Speakers SuperSonic PLB Dual 12" 800W Powered Subwoofer RMS Wattage?

pinnaclespeakers

me54350 wrote:Do these woot, pinnacle products come with the pinnacle factory warranty...or at least what's listed on the add (2 years Amp, 7 Year subwoofer pinnacle)?

Can you describe what those actually cover?

Thanks!

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle to answer your question. Products with electronics or power supplies such as Powered Subwoofers or SOUNDBARS have separate warranty on the electronics, 2 years, and then all the other parts being 7. Kind of like a car with 100,000 powertrain warranty and 36,000 miles warranty on all else. Our products that do not have an amplifier either have 7 year or 10 year warranty. BD 300 has 10 years warranty.

pinnaclespeakers

thejsm wrote:What is the Pinnacle Speakers SuperSonic PLB Dual 12" 800W Powered Subwoofer RMS Wattage?

THE RMS is 400/ PEAK is 800

Ryballz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryballz

Bought the soundbar setup a couple weeks back and have been very impressed.
Very high quality that definitely fills most rooms.
Only wish is being able to get my directv remote to control the soundbar.

sublimaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sublimaze
Ryballz wrote:Bought the soundbar setup a couple weeks back and have been very impressed. Very high quality that definitely fills most rooms. Only wish is being able to get my directv remote to control the soundbar.

Exactly the same situation here, Directv remote does not control volume. But that is a small price to pay for sound that is 1000x better than before. I am thinking about buying another for my extra bedroom.

philosopherott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

Great Job Arin on being hear and being so helpful. I award you 10 internet points, redeemable where ever internet points are good.

xmlbrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmlbrand

I want to replace the muddy-sounding center speaker of my 6:1 surround sound with one that reproduces voice clearly. Will the CTR 350 fit the bill and what are the connectors for this speaker?

cameronpurdy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cameronpurdy

Good to see these again. I purchased the two sub-woofers last time they showed up here, and WOW are they nice! The big one is probably too big for most rooms -- it literally shakes my entire 4-story house.

So in case you're considering one, I would definitely vouch for either. (And I was pleased to finally find something made in the US.)

patricknuss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patricknuss
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi SFIT CTR 350 is part of the same series as the LCR 250 you have. So the better match is SFITCTR 350.

Just curious, what makes the S-FIT CTR 350 a better fit, even though the BD 300 is from a more expensive series?

(Looks like I'm getting the S-FIT anyway, since the BD is now sold out)

pinnaclespeakers

patricknuss wrote:Just curious, what makes the S-FIT CTR 350 a better fit, even though the BD 300 is from a more expensive series?

(Looks like I'm getting the S-FIT anyway, since the BD is now sold out)

Hi, the SFIT Series uses the same Tweeter throughout. That is a signature of our philosophy, from entry level to top of the line, within any series you get the same Tweeter to best allow mixing and matching items within a series for a complete Home Theater. Since the Center channel is all midrange and High frequency, the common tweeter I felt is the best match for SFITLCR250, especially taking into account the small room. The BD 300 is far better in terms of acoustics and power handling, and I felt if you had expesnive speakers from another brand, a large room than that would be my recommendation. bear in mind, the SFITCTR on its own is a $300 product. These Woot offers are really not refletive of the real price value of our products. Comfortably double or triple the price of anything here for any reference point in terms of performance.

So, yes, the BD 300 is in our elite Black Diamond Series and is superior, I thought it was not necessary to move up to that level. Still, you will be most impressed with SFITCTR 350.

pinnaclespeakers

xmlbrand wrote:I want to replace the muddy-sounding center speaker of my 6:1 surround sound with one that reproduces voice clearly. Will the CTR 350 fit the bill and what are the connectors for this speaker?

If you have a pre-packaged "ALL IN ONE BOX" system that included the receiver, than I can say with 100% certainty SFITCTR 350 and any of our products will take your system to a whole new level. And you will absolutely hear a big improvement. If the existing center channel is from another respected speaker company who specializes in just speakers, than I would need to know specific model # to best answer.

Connectors are gold plated binding posts. Check th back photo on connectors of QP9W and that is the same in SFITCTR 350. Those are high quality connectors.

pinnaclespeakers

philosopherott wrote:Great Job Arin on being hear and being so helpful. I award you 10 internet points, redeemable where ever internet points are good.

Awesome and thank you so much!

xmlbrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmlbrand

Thanks for answers re using CTR 350 as replacement center speaker in a all-in-one cheapo 6:1 w/receiver system. You are a big help on this forum.

pinnaclespeakers

xmlbrand wrote:Thanks for answers re using CTR 350 as replacement center speaker in a all-in-one cheapo 6:1 w/receiver system. You are a big help on this forum.

Thank you so much!

rsmangel

Just checking back in. I ordered my Baby Boomer sub at 3AM Tue morning, and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow/Friday! That is some pretty quick shipping!! I'm very excited to get it...it's funny because I'm almost 50 but this kind of nice audio equipment gets me excited like a little kid on Christmas.