WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

3EIGHTY5 Audio Headphones

3Eighty5 - if you multiply that, 3 times eighty5, you get 255. But we're not selling 255 different pairs of headphones here. Why not? Because we're not about quantity. We're about quality. (But quantity too.)
3EIGHTY5 official site

Quality Posts

vwillis1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vwillis1

Do all of the earbuds have a mic that would work with an iPhone 5?

Or do only the Filagree High-Fashion Ear buds have a mic?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vwillis1 wrote:Do all of the earbuds have a mic that would work with an iPhone 5?

Or do only the Filagree High-Fashion Ear buds have a mic?

It looks like all of the earbuds and 2 pairs of headphones include an in-line mic. You can look in the features and specs for MIC info.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

What does it mean that they are "Double Drive Dual-Driver Earphones"? What are "Trio Premium Tunable Earphones"?

What are the biggest differences between the two?

chaosconnor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chaosconnor

Anyone have any idea on the quality of these? After some intensive googling, I've come up with nothing.

legendaryhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legendaryhen
mibutterflywingz wrote:What does it mean that they are "Double Drive Dual-Driver Earphones"? What are "Trio Premium Tunable Earphones"?

What are the biggest differences between the two?

Well. NOBODY knows anything about this particular brand it seems.

But as far as my understanding of earbuds in general allows me to explain, it breaks down like this.

in ear monitors (earbuds or IEMs) need a "driver" to create sound. Think of these as little speakers. Now, some of the higher end IEMs have multiple drivers; each handling a different range of audio frequencies, or serving to widen the soundstage (exactly what it sounds like). Thus, these earbuds promise a sound created by two drivers instead of one. At this price, dual drivers is rare. I can't comment on how good of a quality they are, but there are two of them.

The tunable ones, on the other hand, have a feature that lets you swap out a part of the earbud in order to change the sound it produces. It manages this by changing the space inside of the earbud, thus changing how sound waves reverberate inside.

Just my two cents; I might be wrong, but I hope this helps!!

jabrwoky13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabrwoky13

Found the same item on walmart.com for $50. No reviews available.

apharas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages apharas

All are available on Amazon. http://goo.gl/UODTx2

Minimal reviews but mostly highly rated. About 30% cheaper here than Amazon.

sarag693

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarag693

Just thought i'd share some info in case these come up again. I got the dual-driver headphones, and they sounded great... for a week.

A week later the wire was pulled slightly. As a result, the mic pulled apart, and the soldering was weak enough that one of the wires detached. Now the only functional part of the headphones is the right ear bud.. Pretty useless.

They weren't even pulled hard. The mic was just not held together well at all. Pretty poor construction if you ask me.