WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sound Systems For Portable Devices

We're not very familiar with the difference between sound systems and speakers, but we do know that sounds come out of both of them. And if you've got an mp3 player with music on it, chances are you want to hear some music sounds! Set up these sound systems, and then you can listen to music sounds all day long!

mandklewis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis

anyone know if ipads can be used wireless with the RoomGroove? i read on amazon that pc's or macs pair with it to play itunes but i'd like to just control it with an ipad, iphone, ipod.
thanks!

davekruse


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davekruse

My wife got the QFX PBX-3080BT Bluetooth PA Speaker with Guitar Input & Bonus Microphone - Black system for me. Bluetooth is one of the few things that works on it. The range is fairly short - 4 feet or so.

If it worked, I'm sure this would be a very nifty system. But alas, the led screen does not light up and neither the FM radio nor other inputs work.

QFX has not responded to my inquiry about warranty.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

davekruse wrote:My wife got one for me. Bluetooth is one of the few things that works on it. The range is fairly short - 4 feet or so.

If it worked, I'm sure this would be a very nifty system. But alas, the led screen does not light up and neither the FM radio nor other inputs work.

QFX has not responded to my inquiry about warranty.



If you're having difficulties contacting QFX (and you purchased the item from Woot) please feel free to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

mandklewis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis

i'm trying to keep up with the activity on this board but who has the time to read all these?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mandklewis wrote:i'm trying to keep up with the activity on this board but who has the time to read all these?


What are you having trouble keeping up with? Comments? Plus deals?

If it's Plus Deals, check out the link in my signature for a thread that lists all the Plus deals in one place.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mandklewis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis
ThunderThighs wrote:What are you having trouble keeping up with? Comments? Plus deals?

If it's Plus Deals, check out the link in my signature for a thread that lists all the Plus deals in one place.


sorry i'm not good at getting sarcasm to translate in text. i was just hoping someone smarter than myself was going to help me with my first post from a couple days ago. i've notices the boards for the plus deals tend to be quite a bit slower so i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up

klaberte


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klaberte
davekruse wrote:My wife got the QFX PBX-3080BT Bluetooth PA Speaker with Guitar Input & Bonus Microphone - Black system for me. Bluetooth is one of the few things that works on it. The range is fairly short - 4 feet or so.

If it worked, I'm sure this would be a very nifty system. But alas, the led screen does not light up and neither the FM radio nor other inputs work.

QFX has not responded to my inquiry about warranty.



I got the same system, and have had none of the problems you describe. I would try to get a replacement.

squareshot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages squareshot
mandklewis wrote:anyone know if ipads can be used wireless with the RoomGroove?


Apparently not. I bought one during this event and was rather disappointed to find that their exclusive mention of iPods is intentional. No docking wells for other iDevices, and no charging or control of my iPhone when precariously mounted in place.

mandklewis wrote:i'd like to just control it with an ipad, iphone, ipod.
thanks!


You can control an iPod with it, but- from what I can tell- not vice versa. (There isn't much to control; the RC will control your iPod via the dock, though, which is nice)

The manual is copyrighted to 2006; the remote doesn't work, presumably a dead battery. This seems like older tech, perhaps on sale to make room for upcoming models with greater iDevice compatibility?
Haven't been able to test it out much, need another 3.5mm cord for the aux-in, but not impressed with sound quality so far. Hope further use proves redeeming.

mandklewis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis
squareshot wrote:You can control an iPod with it, but- from what I can tell- not vice versa. (There isn't much to control; the RC will control your iPod via the dock, though, which is nice)

The manual is copyrighted to 2006; the remote doesn't work, presumably a dead battery. This seems like older tech, perhaps on sale to make room for upcoming models with greater iDevice compatibility?
Haven't been able to test it out much, need another 3.5mm cord for the aux-in, but not impressed with sound quality so far. Hope further use proves redeeming.


thanks for the info!

librkr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages librkr

Qfx 3080 BT
Works great! Don't be fooled by the 600 watts which refers to maximum power output. Real power (rms) sounds about 60-100 watts. Sounds clearer and a bit louder than competitors models. Bluetooth works great with my 4G iphone. Good for small parties. No opinion on battery life yet.

Decius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Decius

I bought the Jlab Bouncer Bluetooth speaker. I wish I'd bought two of them because this one is really nice. Works great, sounds pretty good and the Bluetooth range is more than adequate for where I use it in my house.

It's too bad there's no battery in it because if I want to move to another part of the house, I have to interrupt my music to unplug the speaker from the wall, move it, then link back up with my phone.

One other down side is that the infrared remote requires line of sight to the speaker. An RF remote would have been ideal for this.

andreasoccerbum


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andreasoccerbum

I just received my Evolution Sound speaker and had no user instructions that came along with it. I placed a new SD card in it that has music on it but the device simply goes straight from 'mp3 mode' to 'fm radio mode.' I also can't get the FM radio mode to pick up anything but static no matter what I do. Went to their website (www.evolutiontablet.com) and it is absolutely no help. I did not even see a place where you can contact the company for technical support. When plugged into the computer the Evolution Sound works as a great speaker, but if I can't really get it working as a portable speaker, it's pretty much useless for its price.

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

andreasoccerbum wrote:I just received my Evolution Sound speaker and had no user instructions that came along with it. I placed a new SD card in it that has music on it but the device simply goes straight from 'mp3 mode' to 'fm radio mode.' I also can't get the FM radio mode to pick up anything but static no matter what I do. Went to their website (www.evolutiontablet.com) and it is absolutely no help. I did not even see a place where you can contact the company for technical support. When plugged into the computer the Evolution Sound works as a great speaker, but if I can't really get it working as a portable speaker, it's pretty much useless for its price.



That stinks. This speaker has a 90 day warranty with Evolution Tablet. They may be able to offer some additional insight. You can get started here. If you need additional help, please feel free to email Woot Member Services. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.